Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
Denia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New kid on the block
Hello all from a total novice. I've just brought a Hymer B544 from England and I need to change over to a Spanish gas supply system.
There seems to be a plethora of confusing and unintelligible (to me) advice about what is needed.
My first investigation suggests that Repsol garages, which are everywhere, have the most readily available gas bottles.
Does anyone here know if a 12.5 Kg orange Repsol gas bottle will fit in the Hymer locker ? (If not, the 6 Kg bottle certainly will - but its more costly, pro-rata.)
If so, what other bits are needed to hook it up to the existing bulkhead mounted pressure regulating valve.
At 16.30 euros a refill, these seem the most cost effective solution other than a re-fillable LPG bottle - but there are so few LPG stations, that is not viable in Spain.
If anyone is in the Denia/Javea area and wishes to meet up with more info, I'd be very grateful to do so.
Ian

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi
6kg gas bottles are available everywhere in Spain - petrol stations and hardware shops - much cheaper than the UK. The regulator pushes onto the top of the bottle with a rubber tube to connect - if you are not sure or confident do not connect it yourself.
:Smile:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hello all from a total novice. I've just brought a Hymer B544 from England and I need to change over to a Spanish gas supply system.
There seems to be a plethora of confusing and unintelligible (to me) advice about what is needed.
My first investigation suggests that Repsol garages, which are everywhere, have the most readily available gas bottles.
Does anyone here know if a 12.5 Kg orange Repsol gas bottle will fit in the Hymer locker ? (If not, the 6 Kg bottle certainly will - but its more costly, pro-rata.)
If so, what other bits are needed to hook it up to the existing bulkhead mounted pressure regulating valve.
At 16.30 euros a refill, these seem the most cost effective solution other than a re-fillable LPG bottle - but there are so few LPG stations, that is not viable in Spain.
If anyone is in the Denia/Javea area and wishes to meet up with more info, I'd be very grateful to do so.
Ian

As funster Burstner quotes in the above post , you probably need to do the following ...........

isolate your gas system

see if you can by-pass your own regulator ie take it out of circuit

Buy the Repsol push-fit regulator(6-7 euro)

Will probably need some gas -hose - say about 1m. max

2 gas type jubilee clips

Swedish friend om mine had same van as yours and they did manage a 13kg. bottle

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
All you need is a Spanish gas bottle and a "jumbo adaptor". NOT A REGULATOR because that should already be fitted to the van..
Repsol or Cepsa, you choose..

Like this but you will get one at Leroy Merlin or a camping shop.

http://www.vanplusdirect.co.uk/epages/es133288.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es133288/Products/01-1671

If you already have a UK butane fitting the UK adaptor should just screw off and the Jumbo one replaces it... Thats how I use my gas when in Spain..

Simples.. :RollEyes:

We are a bit far away at Marjal but moving to Benidorm in a few days.. I know for sure the camping shop opposite camping El Raco sell them because thats where I got mine... If you wanna meet in Benidorm next week no problem....

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Loco Pedro

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
Denia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New kid on the block
All you need is a Spanish gas bottle and a "jumbo adaptor". NOT A REGULATOR because that should already be fitted to the van..
Repsol or Cepsa, you choose..

Like this but you will get one at Leroy Merlin or a camping shop.

http://www.vanplusdirect.co.uk/epages/es133288.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es133288/Products/01-1671

If you already have a UK butane fitting the UK adaptor should just screw off and the Jumbo one replaces it... Thats how I use my gas when in Spain..

Simples.. :RollEyes:

We are a bit far away at Marjal but moving to Benidorm in a few days.. I know for sure the camping shop opposite camping El Raco sell them because thats where I got mine... If you wanna meet in Benidorm next week no problem....

Hello - thank you for your reply.
The English pipe connection was from a regulator fitted onto the UK gas bottle to the T-piece connection above the Truma regulator.
So I don't have the available connection at the bottle end because it is a composite part of the regulator.
I already have a jumbo adaptor but I cannot find the correct pipe connection to the T-piece connector which sits above my bulkhead-mounted Truma regulator.
Do they have these in El Raco ?

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Hi I have a12.5 repsol bottle in my hymer in fact the compartment will take two, last year I managed by using a regulator bought from a china shop in Spain but had problems with the heating as I headed north back to the UK as I was double regulating. so I head back next month with a half full repsol bottle but I bought the jumbo adaptor whilst in the UK. Had the same trouble with Le Cube, double regulating, cooker hot water and fridge worked ok but when tried to get the heating going it wouldn't have it. Now I've got the adapters will be fine.

Forgot to mention if your hymers older than 2004 then it won't have a regulator fitted so a Spanish one will be fine after 2004 they started to fit bulkhead regulators which caused me my double regulating problem

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Loco Pedro

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
Denia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New kid on the block
Hi I have a12.5 repsol bottle in my hymer in fact the compartment will take two, last year I managed by using a regulator bought from a china shop in Spain but had problems with the heating as I headed north back to the UK as I was double regulating. so I head back next month with a half full repsol bottle but I bought the jumbo adaptor whilst in the UK. Had the same trouble with Le Cube, double regulating, cooker hot water and fridge worked ok but when tried to get the heating going it wouldn't have it. Now I've got the adapters will be fine.

Forgot to mention if your hymers older than 2004 then it won't have a regulator fitted so a Spanish one will be fine after 2004 they started to fit bulkhead regulators which caused me my double regulating problem

Hello. Thanks for that. However, although our van is a year 2000, it does have the bulkhead changeover/regulator as well as individual regulators for each bottle. In fact, I now see its called the Truma Triomatic automatic changeover system.
I just want to permanently convert for use on Spanish bottles. I've already got a Repsol 12.5 kg bottle and a Jumbo adaptor. I just need to connect it all together !!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In case you have not got the instructions / specification, be aware that the Triomatic system is a two-stage regulator. The units attached to the bottles provide stage 1 pressure reduction before the gas is passed to the changeover regulator. All three regulator components (2 x stage 1 and 1 x changeover) must be in place for it to work. I think you need the converter couplings to allow the Triomatic stage 1 units to be connected to the relevant bottles. However, the Triomatic is no longer produced and spares may not be available. Since it is now 13 years old, the regulator is probably due for changing so you could switch to an alternative. I had mine changed last year for a Gaslow manual changeover and a Gaslow (Clesse) single-stage regulator.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Loco...
I have only just read your replies as we got into Benidorm and only have internet when we go in bars / cafes etc...

We leave Benidorm 9am tomorrow, Friday.... Travelling up the coast to Valencia and on to Zarragossa for a night stop. If you want to meet as we travel up, I can stop off near the AKI diy place in Denia and will be happy to have a look at your set up...
If you want the meet then call me tonight or first thing in the morning..
My. spain mob. is. 645 500 632.

steve

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi , whereabouts in denia are you? only just seen your post , i am on the odissea aire till tomorrow morning but if your not far away i can show you how to fix it all together this evening? up to you , no hassle . i have pm'd you my mobile cheers sean

OP
OP
L

Loco Pedro

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
Denia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
New kid on the block
The answer

I've finally found out exactly what I need - I think - from Gaslow.
http://www.gaslowdirect.com/Gaslow-Propane-Refillable-Adapter-Gauge

- a propane refillable adaptor guage.
This bridges between the left hand screw thread on the Jumbo adaptor and the UK propane fittings attached to the 2 bottle pressure regulators.

£22 + delivery.
Thanks to all for your contributions and offers of assistance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back