Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
No problem with a bread mix but in a motorhome.
how long to cook a loaf
and at what gas settings and with/without diffuser.
Ideas Please
:cry:

Roger

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never done it, but would suggest you do 'baps' rather than a full loaf as they will cook much quicker, and I certainly wouldn't try doing it without a diffuser as you'll end up with a burnt bottom! :Blush:::bigsmile:

Just an idea, how about Googling 'Dutch oven bread' as that would seem to be a similar thing. Or try 'bread in a pan' as that brings up a lot of interesting recipes too!

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Never done it, but would suggest you do 'baps' rather than a full loaf as they will cook much quicker, and I certainly wouldn't try doing it without a diffuser as you'll end up with a burnt bottom! :Blush:::bigsmile:

Just an idea, how about [HI]Googling[/HI] 'Dutch oven bread' as that would seem to be a similar thing. Or try 'bread in a pan' as that brings up a lot of interesting recipes too!

I trying googling [HI]one cup[/HI] once for a recipe :Blush::Doh: never again:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've made bread in a skillet, well i've proved the dough and then cooked the dough in the gas oven as the dough just goes soggy in the skillet.
I use the grill out of the grill pan to keep the skillet from the direct heat our you will burn before it can rise.
I have a halogen cooker arriving soon, them I will try cooking the bread in
That.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I use the halogen for proving bread and have cooked a parmesan and sun dried tomato bread mix in the halogen successfully. I did not manage to cook a normal loaf however, don't know why. Seemed not to cook the bottom of the loaf.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Enery did you use the raising collar on the halogen? Am tempted to give a loaf a try in one as I am going to take it with me this year, for when I'm on ehu.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Just finished proving and cooking a loaf in the halogen. Used the extender ring (raising collar) throughout. PERFECT BREAD!!!::bigsmile:

We have the Andrew James Halogen (don't 'spose that makes any difference) it does not have a proving setting so proved it 15 minute power on the 'wash' setting then wait for it to rise. I proved it on the high rack with the extender ring.

When it had risen I took the high rack out and replaced it with the low rack and set the oven at 200 degrees C for 25 minutes with the extender ring in place.

First time I have cooked 'normal' bread successfully in the halogen - chuffed :thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Well as I have a bread mix in the cupboard - just might give this a go in a little while! Thanks 'enry!:thumb:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Well as I have a bread mix in the cupboard - just might give this a go in a little while! Thanks 'enry!:thumb:

I have cooked a bread mix in the halogen - easy peasy!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back