Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Hi all. This is a great group and I have enjoyed reading back through so many pages of help and information, but I have not been able to find the info I require.
We have just bought a Toscana exclusive and it doesn't have an oven! No probs really, but can you recommend what we should buy in place of an inboard oven. We will be travelling extensively in France and Spain, using Aires and campsites.

I have read about the Halogen cookers and they seem good, but what do the experienced campervanners recommend?

Thanks in advance.:thumb:

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Steve.. and welcome..

Few, if any, continental vans have an oven, for the simple reason that the continentals do most (weather permitting) cooking outdoors on a Gas or Charcoal BBQ.. as do many Brit campers..

Space permitting you have the option of fitting an oven .. but you sacrifice storage space and payload..

Options are, Halogen oven, Microwave Oven, Double Skillet, Slow cookers and Pressure cookers..

Personally, I prefer outdoors and do so at every opportunity .. Cooking inside makes a smell, causes condensation and isn't half as much fun... but appreciate the British weather isn't always suitable.. :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I didnt have an oven fitted inside the van as its a German import. So I fitted a Roastmaster camping oven in the garage, with its own gas supply. It has 2 rings on the top for the chip pan and pressure cooker to save filling the van up with steam. They are primarily designed for tent campers and come with carry handles and a built in wind-shield. Got it from Johns Cross with funster discount. Great bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Heres a piccy of the Roastmaster in action.

Attachments

• Roastmaster oven 004.jpg
    Roastmaster oven 004.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Roastmaster oven 003.jpg
    Roastmaster oven 003.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Spottycatz

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Thank you for your comments. We're going to get a gas BBQ and along with the cooker hob, see how we get on our first 3 month trip. :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After carrying around the fitted oven for 4 years without using it once, I decided the space it occupies would be better used for other stuff.. That was a year ago and we still do not miss it !
When we are going to be away and on hookup for long periods I pop a microwave in the hole.

Other than that we use a Cadac to supplement the hob

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
We have a gas BBQ with a lid this makes a good oven when the lid is closed, and a BBQ with the lid open.

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
I have an oven in my truck, but prefer to use my Cobb. Fire it up, stand it out side, put the lid on and theres your oven. Cook whole chicken, various cuts of meat and joints, bread etc. Also great with a wok for your stir fries::bigsmile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I bought a Remoska and a double skillet but have to be honest am not 100% convinced on either so have just purchased a halogen oven which lots of people say they swear by.
Husband was willing to fit a microwave but we would loose a cupboard & not convinced it would be that good!

Peter M

Free Member
Feb 28, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a Class
Exp
:Smile:
Hi all. This is a great group and I have enjoyed reading back through so many pages of help and information, but I have not been able to find the info I require.
We have just bought a Toscana exclusive and it doesn't have an oven! No probs really, but can you recommend what we should buy in place of an inboard oven. We will be travelling extensively in France and Spain, using Aires and campsites.

I have read about the Halogen cookers and they seem good, but what do the experienced campervanners recommend?

Thanks in advance.:thumb:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back