Fingers crossed (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
MH is in for it's MOT. Nothing required last time. All maintenance carried out as required in the last 12 months and no issues I am aware of. What's the chances of passing first time?:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Depends.. If you take it to somewhere that does a genuine MOT proly sail through..

If you take it to Kwik Fit I can absolutely guarantee it will fail.. How the hell they are still being allowed to MOT vehicles is nothing short of a miracle ( I know people who work at one place and can tell you stuff that even makes VOSA curl their toes )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
My local Halfords failed my car on it's brakes - couldn't possibly have anything to do with the 'special offer' on brakes they had at the time, could it??? :Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
KwikFit failed a prison officers car on rear disks.. Charged him £200(ish) to repair and re-mot

When he collected the car he asked to see the work..

When he pointed out the fact the car did not have rear disks there was a lot of bluster before the full amount was refunded..
The matter was reported to the local VOSA guys who more or less shrugged their shoulders as if to say 'its too common to bother with'

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I took my work van for MOT recently and it passed first time, no advisories.

Took the car for test three weeks ago, passed first time, no advisories :Eeek:

Took the RV a fortnight ago, passed first time, no advisories (what a credit to its former owners ::bigsmile: )

Now the Euromoho is due in a few weeks and I'm hoping for a full house.

It seems that benign neglect and positive thinking are the keys to MOT success :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Good news for me. Passed first time. No advisories. I use the same garage for both our cars and the MH. Good guys and I know they will not compromise safety. They will highlight the smallest issue. I also know that on any service they strip the brakes rather than just a quick check. Takes a bit longer but gives peace of mind. :thumb::thumb:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Depends.. If you take it to somewhere that does a genuine MOT proly sail through..

If you take it to Kwik Fit I can absolutely guarantee it will fail.. How the hell they are still being allowed to MOT vehicles is nothing short of a miracle ( I know people who work at one place and can tell you stuff that even makes VOSA curl their toes )

I used to be an MOt tester until I retired, I worked for K/F for 6 months, I totally agree, they should never ever be carrying out tests, I too could tell you stories I personally knew about, let alone many others I heard about, oil leaking from gas shocks for a start.
I urge everybody to avoid this company like the plague unless an absolute emergency.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back