Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Currently in Valencia area and weather has been not brilliant last few days, very very windy and cloudy, thinking maybe we should go further south next year, whats it like beyond Malaga at the moment.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
No kidding !

I put my air con today for a while !! Supposed to be hotter tomorrow !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
left marbella yesterday and it was a touch warmer than here (benidorm)

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
Currently in Valencia area and weather has been not brilliant last few days, very very windy and cloudy, thinking maybe we should go further south next year, whats it like beyond Malaga at the moment.
66 degs here in Cantoria , Almeria been windy for a couple of days

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
17c today here in benalmadena Pueblo, it was warm up in Ronda this afternoon, but it was cold in the wind, no rain at al this week yet.
On the down side, we've just heard that my cousin' Lukemia has worsened and he only has weeks to live, sort of takes the shine off the whole holiday really. :Sad:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I put my air con today for a while !! Supposed to be hotter tomorrow !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Algarve has been very hot and sunny every day since the begging of December...you can count on one hand any wet weather from December till now a little rain two to three days with a little wind...but has been warm and a couple of nights had a bit of rain through the night only to have blue skies in the morning:thumb:..

Mel

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Hi Silverdreamers - we met you at Marjal last year where we are now. We have been in Benidorm (December) then Marjal since beginning of January.

We look at the weather maps every day and the most persistent sunshine seems to have been in the Costa Blanca. i.e. Javea/Benidorm/Marjal. Although we have had very cold strong winds some days, there has been little rain and only a couple of cloudy days. For me, its the bright sunshine which makes the winters here so much more acceptable than the UK, and most days, people are sitting out in the sun during the daytime.

From the reports I've been getting from Funsters in difference parts of Eastern and Southern Spain, weather reports seem to have been pretty similar with perhaps a couple of degrees warmer on the Costa del Sol. As I look out the van while typing this there is a most brilliant orange sunset tonight.

:Smile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We are currently at Almafra, Benidorm, It is nice if you can get away from the North wind which reduces the body temperature.

Saturday morning was pretty miserable with cold N wind and drizzle, Yesterday was lovely especially by the coast, today not to bad but you need to get away from the wind.

According to the 10 day weather forcast for this region, cold by night and a N wind during the day.

Apparantly it has been the coldest winter on the Costa's for 20 years.

Looked at the BBC Countryfile forecast last night and it showed a cold wind coming from Scandinavia, covering the whole of Europe for the next 5 days.

Still, at 15 Degrees it is a lot warmer than the UK.

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
We have been at Canos de Meca between Cadiz and Gibraltar for the last two months. The weather generally has been quite good, temperature averaging around 14 - 15 degrees. There has been a few days of strong winds with the next being wednesday of around 30mph and next Monday forecast for winds of around 45 - 50mph. Still much better than the UK.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Almeria

Don't think you need to go onto the south coast proper to get good weather in winter. We were swimming outside every day in a heated pool in December on a site near Cartagena. Not too far from there is Europe's largest desert, the Tabernas. Wind has been an unusual feature this year, not experienced so much of it before, but we've only seen rain on two days, since the start of November. I have heard it's been snowing at Villa Nova, in the North. over the weekend

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Weather in Spain

Yes remember meeting you, so you went back to Marjal, we have been at Bonterra for past two months, mostly good weather but these cold winds,
and a few cloudy days, which we don't seem to remember from Marjal last year. How is the site at Marjal has itgrown up a bit?

Hi Silverdreamers - we met you at Marjal last year where we are now. We have been in Benidorm (December) then Marjal since beginning of January.

We look at the weather maps every day and the most persistent sunshine seems to have been in the Costa Blanca. i.e. Javea/Benidorm/Marjal. Although we have had very cold strong winds some days, there has been little rain and only a couple of cloudy days. For me, its the bright sunshine which makes the winters here so much more acceptable than the UK, and most days, people are sitting out in the sun during the daytime.

From the reports I've been getting from Funsters in difference parts of Eastern and Southern Spain, weather reports seem to have been pretty similar with perhaps a couple of degrees warmer on the Costa del Sol. As I look out the van while typing this there is a most brilliant orange sunset tonight.

:Smile:

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
Don't think you need to go onto the south coast proper to get good weather in winter. We were swimming outside every day in a heated pool in December on a site near Cartagena. Not too far from there is Europe's largest desert, the Tabernas. Wind has been an unusual feature this year, not experienced so much of it before, but we've only seen rain on two days, since the start of November. I have heard it's been snowing at Villa Nova, in the North. over the weekend

About three years ago we stayed in Fortuna los Banos near Murcia. The site had an outdoor pool fed by a hot spring, the water was a constant 36 degrees. We went in the pool every day of the two weeks we were there, even though a couple of days the temperature was down around 8 degrees.

Dave

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
More info please !

Would you go again ???? looked at their website, has it changed ????:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
That's what the Moroccan Mob thought and had to go way south there to escape the terrible weather.

Sorry, Bryan, but the word 'terrible' to describe the weather in the South of Spain is misleading.:Doh:

We have been at Cabopino since 20 Oct & have been in shorts and tee shirts for all but 7 days. It has rained 7 times & compared to the UK, the weather is fantastic. Hot sun yesterday and 28 degs in the shade.

Benidorm weather is NOT Marbella weather.

Cheers

Bill:thumb:

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Lets hope it stays warm. We arrived in N. Spain on Sunday - having been the only residents on Marine Parade on Thursday and the only camper on the ferry on Friday. Had chilly trip through France and pitched up at Zarautz on Sunday in heavy sleet. Went down to Burgos on Monday - my birthday (thanks for the good wishes) in a blizzard and spent a couple of interesting hours behind a snowplough!! However we are now in Salamanca where it is sunny but cool. Hopefully will improve from tomorrow when we head into Portugal. We need more sun!, :Sad:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Marjal Costa Blanca

Sun is streaming through the M/H window as I type. Today has been overcast with quite a biting wind but am still in shorts but do need a top. We arrived at Javea on 22 Dec and arrived here last week. We have had NO rain during this time but as all have xperience, we have had strong winds and more forecast. So am happy with what I've got so far

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Sun is streaming through the M/H window as I type. Today has been overcast with quite a biting wind but am still in shorts but do need a top. We arrived at Javea on 22 Dec and arrived here last week. We have had NO rain during this time but as all have xperience, we have had strong winds and more forecast. So am happy with what I've got so far

Hi Gunner what site are you on in Javea and how do you rate it ??

thanks Barry

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Went into Alicante today and needed to wear, shirt, jumper and gillet to stay warm against the cold Northerly wind.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Arrived in Malta today, bright sunshine but a real chilly breeze..:Cool:

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We're on our way down next Monday and will try to gather up some better weather on the way! :Cool:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Costa blanca

Can you get some of that better weather here quick.

It's been as cold as home here today and its not set to improve until next week. Locals are saying they don't remember cold like this. Never mind, 23C predicted for a week on Friday.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Costa blanca

Can you get some of that better weather here quick.

It's been as cold as home here today and its not set to improve until next week. Locals are saying they don't remember cold like this. Never mind, 23C predicted for a week on Friday.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Costa blanca

Whoops multi post. Very poor Internet connection. Must be the cold weather??

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
23 degrees eh?
Much better here in the UK, 4 degrees today, that will get rid of the bugs.
Minus degrees tonight. You lucky beggars you.
Grrrrrrrrr I am so jealous, oh well, maybe next year, no definitely next year!!

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Pffft we have moved away from the Algarve coast and beautiful weather, we are heading in the general direction of my sisters in France. Currently we are sited at Castro Verde on the Municipal site and it is grey, chilly and mizzling.

Useful stop over site though all hard standing and near to town and supermarket

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
:cry:Raining and windy for the day here in Benidorm.

Rained all night. Cold:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back