Selling my motorhome - the best route to speedy success? (1 Viewer)

hymi

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Having owned my Hymer 544 coachbuilt from new (now a mature 11 years old), I am moving on to a smaller van conversion. I have only modest expectations on its value; any advice on the speediest method fore selling it on - part exchange is not an option with the new vehicle supplier. Recommendations on any good dealers (there must be some!) out there, or thoughts on any internet sale sites that actually have generated substantive enquiries / sales.
:Smile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Try www.gumtree.com it costs nothing to advertise and will reach a national customer base as well as a local one. I bought mine from an advert on Gumtree and it is the best purchase I have ever made.

Norman

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome:thumb:
Ebay aution starting with your lowest acceptable price as your starting price :thumb:
Or spend a tenner to become a full member (best tenner you will spend:winky:) and advertise free in classifieds ::bigsmile:
You sound sensible in that you expect modest value ::bigsmile:
Terry

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Having owned my Hymer 544 coachbuilt from new (now a mature 11 years old), I am moving on to a smaller van conversion. I have only modest expectations on its value; any advice on the speediest method fore selling it on - part exchange is not an option with the new vehicle supplier. Recommendations on any good dealers (there must be some!) out there, or thoughts on any internet sale sites that actually have generated substantive enquiries / sales.
I sold my old motor home on www.preloved.co.uk

a guy from Australia paid me over the asking price
i well pleased so was he
free to sell:thumb::thumb: unlike fleabay :Doh::Doh:
yours Ian

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
I'm using Autotrader to look for a conversion. As a potential buyer I'm always looking for the following:

1. Decent pictures.
2. Full accurate description. Including condition(Good/Excellent). Be honest.
3. Realistic pricing(even the dealers get this wrong). Make it clear its a private sale.

Good luck

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
selling my motorhome

Hi,Uk campsites and camping, free to join and free to sell,regardsH.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Complete exhaustion. Firstly he unloaded and reloaded the contents so many times he wore himself out.

Since then he has had two offers per day complete with accompanied viewings that he is now totally knackered. . . . .:winky:

Best of luck Bob, no pressure, don't take silly offers and insist that they measure it, they shouldn't take your word for the fact that it is 23'9" / 23'3"/ 23'6" delete as appropriate.
:ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Not wishing to hijack this thread...but has anyone sold a van through a dealer's brokerage scheme? I'm looking to change, and am able to buy before selling mine BUT there's no way I can store two vans! My current thinking is therefore to put the 'old' van with a local dealer [Fullers, from whence it came, and whom I trust] and put the new one on the drive. As I understand it, the old van is therefore covered by their insurance, they will take a commission, but it will be sold nearer to showroom price than private sale price. Thoughts on /experience of this route?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
quickest and best for me is easy

give it to me for a crisp ten pound note !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Not wishing to hijack this thread...but has anyone sold a van through a dealer's brokerage scheme? I'm looking to change, and am able to buy before selling mine BUT there's no way I can store two vans! My current thinking is therefore to put the 'old' van with a local dealer [Fullers, from whence it came, and whom I trust] and put the new one on the drive. As I understand it, the old van is therefore covered by their insurance, they will take a commission, but it will be sold nearer to showroom price than private sale price. Thoughts on /experience of this route?
Not sold this way but have purchased this route
seams to work well
dealer has to ask seller if final price less commission is acceptable before sale can go through
if you do not mind them making a few quid profit then go for it
just get every thing in writing
never trust a verbal agreement :Doh:

yours Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back