Free Member
Feb 21, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi Everyone

Looking forward to reading all your posts as we start our "motorhome journey".

After 15 years of sailing in the UK and Europe we have finally realised that the world doesn't end beyond the pub outside the marina and that looking at the sea from the land is just as beautiful as looking at the land from the sea.

Our "wild anchoring" days are coming to an end and we are looking forward to "wild camping", as well as staying in lots of 'marinas' that have lovely warm swimming pools as well as cold showers!!!!!!!

We are planning to buy a motorhome in the coming year and look forward to reading all your posts to help us choose our first and probably last motorhome!

Looking forward to reading all your great posts - for a newcomer they are invaluable.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
From one real life Dragon:

:party2::welcome::party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looking forward to reading all your great posts - for a newcomer they are invaluable.

I wish we'd been on forums before buying, if nothing else we'd have knocked the price down.

Have you got the forum buyer's guide ?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
looking at the sea from the land is just as beautiful as looking at the land from the sea.

Our "wild anchoring" days are coming to an end and we are looking forward to "wild camping"

Yup, with you on those counts.............we only spent 3 three years living on a boat. Now it's time to sea the world 'land side' :thumb:

Enjoy :Smile::Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. good luck in finding the right motorhome, the motorhome buyers guide will save you money that is a certainty.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hiya

We haven't actually found any yet, excepting of course the ones that eat anthracite owned by Commander Vimes' wife, Lady Sybil. Does get a bit risky though when any of the babies get hiccups ...... :Eeek:

Still we've only been looking for 3 years, gotta keep searching!

Good luck with your search!

Brian, point me at the Buyer's Guide, if you would please? Have a friend who might find it useful ..... and I can't find it.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
welcome

Hi Guys, welcome to the world of motorhoming, we took the same road as yourselves sailed for years and then moved into touring on land.

Found this website which without being biased is just fantastic help and a friendly welcome is just a mail away:thumb:

I once agree with Brian re you buying your motorhome, shop around as many dealers as you can, sit in as many different motorhomes as you can try to imagine what it would be like if you own it, how you plan to live in it.
Some like a fixed bed, we don`t see the point of having all that space taken up by what is in effect a coat hanger in the day time, ok it saves having to make a bed up everynight, or like us go for an over the cab bed, vioila loads of room downstairs and the bed tucked away above you.

I think if we were starting out again would look to buy private for a motorhome, tour the dealers by all means and try for a cash deal but they do seem to bein a time warp offering you the lowest price for a part exchange but asking top book for what they are selling.
Ok you get a warranty but after seeing and listening to some of the people that have had need to use the warranty most of them have a running battle on their hands to get any work done satifactory.
So find a private sale at much cheaper than a dealer providing you check the van out you could say a chunk of cash.

Whichever motorhome you decide on we wish you well on your new adventure.:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
... but as you get older you may find going up and down a ladder several times every night for the loo, isn't actually your idea of motor home fun. :winky:

Esp when you can't open the bathroom door without first removing the ladder, and of course you are trying not to wake your partner up so hooking it back on, with the quilt draped over the hooking points now even by just an inch or two is a complete PITA ...... :Doh:

Found the Buyers Guide by Googling the ruddy thing.

Link Removed

If you wish to buy it, need to scroll down to the 'Add To Cart' button.

No personal experience of it as we had ours before we joined MHF. But I'd buy it for the haggling tips alone as I'm pretty naff at the haggle. Pete's OK at it, as it goes. Can keep a very straight face to the extent my friends in Cornwall though being otherwise exceptionally worldly wise often can't tell if some of his outrageous bon mots are serious - or not ????? :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, lots of information on here, take advantage of it, can save a lot of worry and trouble, think of buying second hand maybe two years old, will probably have most of the extras on and any teething troubles sorted out.

There does seem to be quite a few sea fairers joining us landlubbers.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back