GeoffH

Free Member
Jun 26, 2012
M/ch UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7RG
Exp
STILL LOOKING FOR ANY ADVISE ON OVER NIGHT STAYS OR REASONABLE CAMP SITES ON SOUTH EAST COAST OF Spain. Going for 3 weeks before leaving for few years. Hoping to get a good feel for prices etc. Hope to see how far our budget goes. From Calais to Spain coast stopping at aires then hope to find cheap places to stay for a week or two. Hope to get any advise or tips from anyone out there regarding fuel prices, stopovers. Hope to go through France as far as possible then over to Spains south east coast but no further than Barcelona on this trip. Any advice on roads to use and not to use. Do not want to go through Paris central. What to do and what Not to do, anything welcome. We will be travelling in our 23ft motor home so also any advice on distance between fueling.
Thanks to all and please feel free to give us an invite to chat on later dates.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Rouen, evereaux,dreaux, chartres, orleons,clermont,bezier, Spain. Get some camping cheques, Nice site in Blanes, Barcelona etc. BUSBY.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
No 1, you can chat anytime, always welcome on site,,,,,
Get yourself the French Aires book and Spanish and Portuguse Aires book both from Vivarious books, worth every penny 100's of Aires all over france and spain to.
Alos get the ACSI book as well, lets you stay at camping sites that they say all over europe for either €12 €14 €16 per night including 6amp ehu. Also stay on National roads all the time and no need to pay any Tolls either.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Link Removed
Link Removed
https://www.vicarious-shop.com/All-the-Aires-Spain-and-Portugal-9780956678126.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Started in VW Kombi in 1971
Geoff
Just to assist your geography Barcelona is not in the south east of Spain.
Mike

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Geoff
Just to assist your geography Barcelona is not in the south east of Spain.
Mike

Was there March last year - weather OK but not hot.

Unless you need to go to that part of Spain if I had 3 weeks I would tour South/South West France, weather similar, everything else better for MHers in France:thumb:

Maybe not what you wanted to hear............sorry

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Except the prices, especially BRANDY. BUSBY.

OP
OP
G

GeoffH

Free Member
Jun 26, 2012
M/ch UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7RG
Exp
Tks for all suggestions

Like to thank all who answered my chat.
Would like to ask which is cheapest and decent ferry company to take from Dover to Calais?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We always use DFDS from Dover to dunkirque ,FAR cheaper ( 26ft motorhome WITH motorcycle trailer, £49 return..

We are currently on the south east coast of Spain but somewhat further south than you wish to travel so cannot help with suggested places ( we tend to just barrel straight down here and straight back after a couple of months :Smile:, stopping just about anywhere BUT the more usual places whilst travelling !

OP
OP
G

GeoffH

Free Member
Jun 26, 2012
M/ch UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7RG
Exp
Tks for info.

Hi. Change of plans till 2 year trip which will be in Sept 13. The 3 wks are to be south of France so if you have any info or ANY suggestion, PLEASE let us know. Again, tks for ferry tip.
Janet n Geoff

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
If I were going to France in March/April (did it last year) I would do a 'round trip', down through Central France then back up the West coast.

Sites inland from the coast will either be closed or very quiet and I would ring ahead - use your Aires and sites book/internet. More sites open on the coast.

Plan on driving for a couple of hours the look for a site/aire ahead, use your phone - most will understand English if you can't do French

Weather might be a bit better than here but it still gets dark early and it's cold at night.

Will post the sites we used when I have a little more time

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Geoff. Nice place to stop near tarragona to the south of Barcelona.. A place called Almadrava.. Very large car park above the beach, a little "Hobbit type village"... Just ignore the nuclear power station off to one side... We did and had a lovely few days. The police came round at night but just gave us a wave... Good luck.. Mitch and Jenny..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back