Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are just nearing the end of our second stay at Chicken Run, Portugal and have had a great time. We are here with my dad in his mh as well :Smile:

It is exactly what it says on the tin, rustic and rural camping. We have had a great time, it's in a lovely spot being quiet (apart from occasional dogs) and there is plenty to see in the near vicinity.

My sister and nephew flew in to Faro for the holidays and although the weather could have been kinder since they arrived we have seen some sun :Smile:

Andy and Lesley have been so welcoming, helpful and for us personally made our stay good offering advice, recommendations and transportation to local spots :thumb:

Seem to be unable to put photos on at the moment will try and add some later when I am on the laptop.

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We've had some lovely sunny days and very warm ones, it is just unfortunately it has not been great apart from one day since my sister arrived.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Vans.jpg
    Vans.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 103
  • View.jpg
    View.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 93
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We've had some lovely sunny days and very warm ones, it is just unfortunately it has not been great apart from one day since my sister arrived.

Looks perfect for me. I really hope I can get this year.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You better call in at the CR's sister site QMJ on the way down, Karl.

Not so many facilities and further from the beach and shops but very affordable site fees.

PIP.

(Pay in Pies.)

JJ

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are also at Chicken Run and have been for 6 days, only came for three , rustic? yes but as Andrew says a work in progress, in our opinion fabulous, great service from Andrew and Lesley, great neighbours on site and the location is better than any of the car park crammed in sites that are so frequently available.
Egrets on the grass, crickets chirping at night, oranges hanging from the trees and two villages in walking distance with supermarkets, a bar or two and a bank, and a local bus service.
We have to move on on Sunday , bet we dont find another as good as this :thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You better call in at the CR's sister site QMJ on the way down, Karl.

Not so many facilities and further from the beach and shops but very affordable site fees.

PIP.

(Pay in Pies.)
JJ

Absolutely JJ. That is the main reason for a trip to Portugal :winky: Hopefully you won't be swanning about the country when I visit:ROFLMAO:

me too but think it will be nearer xmas tho

It will be the end of the year before I get down there I think.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We called there this afternoon, and it looks fine to me too! I would certainly have a night or four there. Missed the owners though. Wish we had the RV.

Craig

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you Larry Wynn, enjoy the grapefruits, didn't realise you liked fishing, remind me next time I will arrange a fishing licence for you, and tell you the good spots !! Xx. :Smile::thumb::winky:

Never caught a kipper yet Lesley :winky:::bigsmile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
" - a work in progress ..." - We hope you don't 'improve' too much before we get a chance to visit. 'Rustic simplicity' is what we prefer!

:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back