Compulsory? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Looking through funsters photos over the years, I was wondering if it compulsory to have a white beard if you have a motorhome? I know some women do, but i am referring to men in this instance.
I hate the things! Does anyone else?

Craig

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Normally they don't sport a beard, but when on holiday they don't bother shaving. Its a man thing. Something to do with saving water I think.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Very Guilty, mines gone white after 40 or so years. It's not compulsory though.

Reminds me of the actors performing a play on radio 4.

One said to the other " I love doing radio, means you don't have to wear make-up"

The other replies " But you are wearing make-up"

First one says " I said you don't have to wear make-up"

Rgds
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Where would all the Lice/Flee`s and creepy crawly`s live if i didn`t have a beard...

Plus Moustache part of it is great for filtering all the lumps out of my soup... :thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I shave mine off once a year. I always get told many times to grow it back...

I think covering my ugly mug with face fur improves people ability to tolerate my face :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And yes I am starting to get grey in it now...

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I grew a beard when I left the Army, something to do with "cos I can now" syndrome, I think.
Everyone gave me a hard time for having one, until I shaved it off.
Even my own mother told me to grow it back and cover up that ugly mug. :Doh:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
What a "fun" observation.:ROFLMAO:
Having sported a beard since my twenties it's great to see they are back in voque.
Mine's gone from ginger to auburn, to grey patchy bits and some real dark stuff sprouting now. It will be grey soon enough plus the hair is falling out so I guess I'll soon be applying to join the old farts motorhoming club.
Bring it on...::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Used to have the goatee and moustache beard but shaved it off when I retired as it was going grey and vanity said I wanted to look younger!

Guess what......... It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Yep have the white beard, had it before it was white, also had it before i had the Motorhome so dont know if it is compulsory!

Of course as a fairly new contributor to Motorhome fun, i am deeply upset that i may have offended a fellow member by having a beard I feel as this member has declared their hate for the dreaded beard, i will do the honourable thing and shave it off!

Yer Right.....!!!!:ROFLMAO:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I grew a beard when I left the Army, something to do with "cos I can now" syndrome, I think.
Everyone gave me a hard time for having one, until I shaved it off.
Even my own mother told me to grow it back and cover up that ugly mug. :Doh:

Yep Likewise ,after 30 years sporting a beard , I shaved it off for charity while at work, took a couple of photo's then got home wife laughed continuously all evening threatened to leave me (possible bonus) :roflmto:if I didn't grow it back, so now its staying on for good. now been growing in total 43 years ( but I have kept it reasonably trimmed).
When I /We first started motorhoming that was back in the late 70,s I was just in my thirties and not quite so many m/h's about then and I alway's said look at all those grey haired , bearded old gits ( the only ones who could afford one in those days ) now some what older and greyer with a lot less hair but still sporting the beard I am one of those old gits!!!!:thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think the boot is on the other foot.
It is natural and normal for an adult man to display a beard.
What is worrying is the number of grown men who insist on shaven faces and trying to look like pre-pubescent lady-boys :ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Looking through funsters photos over the years, I was wondering if it compulsory to have a white beard if you have a motorhome? I know some women do, but i am referring to men in this instance.
I hate the things! Does anyone else?

Craig
the reason most male motorhome owners have beards,is because their carers refuse to shave them,changing their incontinence pants is part of the job,but shaving the old farts is a no-no :roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I will assume this is a reference to my days as a prison officer Brian. I still dislike beards.

Craig

I nearly made it "go screw yourself screw" and could not make my mind up if that would work or whether that would have been particularly offensive to you.

You think it's easy writing this stuff, day after day ? I know how Spike felt.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
While agreeing with Spacerunner I grew mine to cover several chins :Blush:

Cheers. Nige

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Had a beard years ago--

What with spraying cars and wearing a mask ,the beard leaked around the sides and would often change colour--
I could go home with various colours --red/blue/green :thumb:
It itched anyway so i`m Smooth now :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have had a beard since I left school, think how much time I would have otherwise wasted shaving. It is the natural state for men to have beards, those that shave them off are the odd ones, and yes mine is pretty well white with a bit of surviving grey.:thumb:

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
YAK! That is awful!
I have never had the inclination to grow a beard, i itch if i don't shave for a day, and i cannot see the need for a beard. Just my opinion.
I have a few friends with beards, and to be honest, i could not imagine them without their hairy boat races.
Each to their own, but i personally hate the things!
And if there is a combination of a beard, glasses, AND a hat....................well, 'nuff said.
:getmecoat:

Craig

S

sunnyside

Deleted User
What a "fun" observation.:ROFLMAO:
Having sported a beard since my twenties it's great to see they are back in voque.
Mine's gone from ginger to auburn, to grey patchy bits and some real dark stuff sprouting now. It will be grey soon enough plus the hair is falling out so I guess I'll soon be applying to join the old farts motorhoming club.
Bring it on...::bigsmile:

I love a man with a beard, clean and trimed , very manly , mmmm::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
YAK! That is awful!
I have never had the inclination to grow a beard, i itch if i don't shave for a day, and i cannot see the need for a beard. Just my opinion.
I have a few friends with beards, and to be honest, i could not imagine them without their hairy boat races.
Each to their own, but i personally hate the things!
And if there is a combination of a beard, glasses, AND a hat....................well, 'nuff said.
:getmecoat:

Craig

not forgetting the dried egg yoke from yesterdays breakfast .. :Eeek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back