Window blind sping? (5 Viewers)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
The spring has gone on the blind in the kitchen window of my Auto-sleeper, realy frustrating to get back down , has anyone replaced one in the past??? anyone know how easy/difficult it is???
Please:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi wiser

Haven't had to replace or repair a mh one although I run my own blind business for nearly 10 years so if its the same idea here goes. If you can take the blind down from the brackets and then unroll the material once you have done this try by hand rolling it back up, so hold the tube part of the blind and just roll the material up this should tighten the spring. If this doesn't work normally you can pull the spring out from one end and sometimes you can tighten it by holding one end and turning other. If this doesn't work I'm sure you could pick up a spring easily.

Hope I haven't confused you more :ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Here this is what I meant in simple terms :ROFLMAO:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=434AhajnwUw"]Adjusting Cordless Roller Shade Tension.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Tim, the blind will need retensioning :thumb: have a search on here for retensioning blinds I have done a couple of posts on how to do it :Smile: one with pics.
Let me know if you cannot find them and I will look, post link when I get onto home computer
Terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Depending on which type of windows you have you need to take great care when removing the internal blind frame. On Seitz windows the inner frame clamps the outer frame to the wall of the van, remove the inner frame and the outer can fall out complete with window (which will now be broken)...............ask me how I know this:Sad:.

D.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
How do you know this?
:Eeek:
:Doh:
:ROFLMAO:

oh come on, someone had to! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi wiser

Haven't had to replace or repair a mh one although I run my own blind business for nearly 10 years so if its the same idea here goes. If you can take the blind down from the brackets and then unroll the material once you have done this try by hand rolling it back up, so hold the tube part of the blind and just roll the material up this should tighten the spring. If this doesn't work normally you can pull the spring out from one end and sometimes you can tighten it by holding one end and turning other. If this doesn't work I'm sure you could pick up a spring easily.

Hope I haven't confused you more :ROFLMAO:

Hi Jerry
I think these are a little more complicated, thanks anyway:thumb:

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Dave
Gulp see this is what I was afraid of, thanks for that, van still in storage so not sure what windows they are:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If it's the type that you pull down the blind then the fly screen, it will all come off in one piece screwed at each corner. The screws may be difficult to get to if you have a pelmet in front of it.

Once off you will see it is controlled by a cord that will have a small barrel with screws (small) in it that you can undo and pull a small amount of cord through and so tighten the cord and this will tighten the cord if it's too slack. If it's too slack then do the opposite.

I did mine as it kept coming down on it's own while travelling.

Good luck

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
It happened to me on an Auto Sleepr Polensa, that's how I know! Stupid thing is I took the inner frame off and then over the next couple of hours while I was repairing the blind had cause to enter the van several times with no problems. A few mins before ready to refit the blind/inner frame assembly I stepped into the van to make sure I'd got all the tools I'd need and while my back was turned there was an almighty CRASH!! behind me, slowly turned round to see a big hole with no window in it:whatthe::Eeek:. New window complete (they don't sell the inner or outer frames separately) cost about £700 or so.

Possibly the good news for the OP is that I might just have the repaired original blind and frame assembly lurking on a shelf somewhere of you need it.

D.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Bottom left hand corner piece of trim contains a fragile cross pattern which the spring tension bar slots into, My bet is this piece of plastic has split.
Mine has and i cant find the piece listed in spares anywhere.
Auto Trail said i had to replace the entire blind set at around £75 :Eeek:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
window blind spring

Hi,Just had one fitted,as said already not easy to do and we thought it was the spring,it appears that way,but it was a little plastic bit that holds the blind in place,and the fitters said it was a common problem,the plastic bit is about £1.00 but to fit is £75.00,as window out and then refit and reseal,hope this might help,job is around 3 hours work,regards H:roflmto:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I did my own, window did not come out with the blind set, i turned the metal spring 90 degrees and put it all back together, not ideal but it works for now, I am still after the piece that you say is £1
Which fitter did you use and have you got a number so i can phone him up
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back