oil filled radiators (1 Viewer)

B

Berto

Deleted User
hi everybody,
Would it be safe to use a 700watt,electric oil filed radiator on a 16amp site or am i going to blow the hook up fuse?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hi everybody,
Would it be safe to use a 700watt,electric oil filed radiator on a 16amp site or am i going to blow the hook up fuse?

700w is only about 3 amps so you have got plenty to spare. ::bigsmile:
For a rough guide you devide the watts by the voltage, therefore 700 / 240 is approximatley 3 amps plus whatever alse you decide to run. :thumb:

OP
OP
B

Berto

Deleted User
::bigsmile:hi keith, thanks for such a speedy answer, and thanks for the formula that is a BIG BIG help, up till now every time i flick a switch i cringe ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
::bigsmile:hi keith, thanks for such a speedy answer, and thanks for the formula that is a BIG BIG help, up till now every time i flick a switch i cringe ::bigsmile:

Sound like my wife she does the same. :ROFLMAO:
If abroad where the elec. can be as low as 5amp :Eeek: you have to know how to manage it, only having appliances that are below the maximum.
Don't forget your fridge & battery charger take some power, but not a great deal, so with 16 amps, as we get in the UK, it's not a problem

R

rambling sid

Deleted User
We always use an oil filled radiator; it's possibly not as efficient as a blow heater, but we like the fact that it is silent and you can leave it on low all night.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I agree Sid, fan heaters heat a room quickly but if we have them on for a long time I suffer with a sore throat. No such problems with an oil filled rad, and like you say, silent and you can safely leave them on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back