Pioneer AVIC F130 Sat Nav System (2 Viewers)

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I am advertising this system for a friend who has had to finish driving through a Stroke/Heart attack.
almost 12 months ago he purchased the Pioneer AVIC F130 Sat Nav system which is specifically made for large vehicles, By that I mean you enter dimensions weight, axles, Height etc, I can confirm just how good this system is as it is the same one I use.

The system has many thousands of campsites etc already loaded in and it is extremely easy to add further POI's either large files or single POI's.

This unit needs attaching to a Pioneer AVH**** Multimedia system

The system does countless functions, if anyone wants to ask a question about it please ask away as I have used mine for just over a year now.

He paid £560 for this system and they are wanting £350 for it.
there is existing features that cost which will obviously come with it ie radar warnings TMC etc.

Also there is a an AVH 3300BT Multimedia system available which is a Double Din CD/DVD/Bluetooth/MP3/Ipod/Iphone connectable This unit cost £490 and is for sale at £250 including postage.

Both are 100% condition and working fine.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I am advertising this system for a friend who has had to finish driving through a Stroke/Heart attack.
almost 12 months ago he purchased the Pioneer AVIC F130 Sat Nav system which is specifically made for large vehicles, By that I mean you enter dimensions weight, axles, Height etc, I can confirm just how good this system is as it is the same one I use.

The system has many thousands of campsites etc already loaded in and it is extremely easy to add further POI's either large files or single POI's.

This unit needs attaching to a Pioneer AVH**** Multimedia system

The system does countless functions, if anyone wants to ask a question about it please ask away as I have used mine for just over a year now.

He paid £560 for this system and they are wanting £350 for it.
there is existing features that cost which will obviously come with it ie radar warnings TMC etc.

Also there is a an AVH 3300BT Multimedia system available which is a Double Din CD/DVD/Bluetooth/MP3/Ipod/Iphone connectable This unit cost £490 and is for sale at £250 including postage.

Both are 100% condition and working fine.

This sounds really good, it is a shame I cant work out how to put data sets onto mine. I bought Camperstop Europe, the book, and then purchased the dataset for France. But although the sat nav recognizes the SD card when I try to load it just says that the dataset is too large. If I click to save it will only show me a few of the aires. I am following all the instructions but it just wont work.

I had not considered buying another, or swapping for another model. The system was fitted in our new motorhome and I just thought it was a fase of setting it up correctly.

When you installed your datasets did you have any trouble with yours?

Ginny

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
This sounds really good, it is a shame I cant work out how to put data sets onto mine. I bought Camperstop Europe, the book, and then purchased the dataset for France. But although the sat nav recognizes the SD card when I try to load it just says that the dataset is too large. If I click to save it will only show me a few of the aires. I am following all the instructions but it just wont work.

I had not considered buying another, or swapping for another model. The system was fitted in our new motorhome and I just thought it was a fase of setting it up correctly.

When you installed your datasets did you have any trouble with yours?

Ginny

Ginny the F220 won't accept large data sets, It is only made for a car so large POI files are not needed, this was the reason why I changed to the F130, on mine I have all camperstop KML files (the one with 2012 page nos on) all Acsi for Europe some 7000 I think with all the info as per post for each campsite this includes France etc, The one that is for sale has all those installed already cos I did it for my mate.

The Fi130 is an extremely simple swap it is just a case of unplugging and re plugging ie power supply and RGB cable.

Can I suggest you contact a Pioneer installer/supplier near you and ask for their advice But dont forget that the F220 is for a Car (it is very good for that) and the F130 is for a Motorhome/truck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
This is a report I did on the same system which I have after touring Europe last year, I actually was a Snooper fan prior to this, so in my motorhome I had the Pioneer AVIC F220 for basic navigation, plus a Snooper S7000 for height weight Low bridges etc and then navigation to a campsite or Aire when required, my friend is a Pioneer agent and he asked my to try one for 6 months and do a report and he would let me have it cheaper, I agreed and he installed it in November 2011, after just 4 months use I purchased it as I was so pleased with it, I then sold my Pioneer AVIC F220 and my Snooper S7000

The system has the whole of Europe already programmed, i.e.;
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia and Iceland.

These in the vast majority of cases are down to street level, cities even have 3D buildings.

Now because there is so much info on the SD card it is advisable to "Reduce" the amount of info needed, i.e. If you aren't going to go to Russia transfer the mapping to your PC.
There is a Program that does all this very easily for you, you just select which you want to "Archive" and it transfers it to your PC and "Stores" it for if and when you do need it.

There are Countless POI's of places, Many Many Campsites and Aires.

To put POI's ONTO the system is extremely easy, If you have a large file of "whatever" you make it into a Google "KML" file, Now I have found that there are Many Many KML files on just about everything you need and because this type of POI is very popular there are more and more available, I transferred over 32,000 campsites/Aires/Sostas onto the system within 30 seconds, that was from getting the SD card out to putting it back with all the info on it.

The system accepts the following information for destinations:-
Co-ordinates
Postcodes (Every Country)
POI's
Town entry
Street entry
Map entry i.e. select a location on it's map and select it as destination

The system also includes TMC
The System is capable of Speed Camera warnings (Subscription)

The System warns you (If Selected) that you are exceeding that particular street/roads speed limit.

The system displays each street/roads speed limit

The system will store up to 400 "Favorite" locations

The system stores Log Files (If selected) to enable you to later export to a GPX file which you can then open in Google and your whole route is then displayed on Google down to the streets/roads you travelled on.

when selecting a destination you have the facility to "Show Alternates: what the system then does is bring up a map which covers the area you are traveling from and To it also displays a list of routes down the side i.e. 1 2 3 etc, then by selecting a number by touching the screen it displays the route on the screen and the estimated traveling time and also the distance, You then have the ability to select whichever one you want to use For example the most direct route or the roundabout route and so on.
It does search for Points of interest which you select along a route, But it will only do it once the route is selected, There are various routes you can select and as above it does show you on a map the various routes, BUT by using Google earth you can select a route you want to travel on and select waypoints which I find an absolutely fantastic function it is then an extremely easy job to download them onto your SD card for using as your journey,
This new unit is without any doubt whatsoever the best Sat Nav I have ever had, It is the easiest to use and gives the most accurate info and in fact the most info.

Little things like as you enter another country it goes through the road speeds and your max speeds.
It will give you info like distance to next Fuel station or parking place.

It will tell you by audio the speed limit of the road you are on and tell you by audio when you reach the speed limit.

It gives you multiple routes and shows you on the screen via the map the route so you can change it if you think for a better route.

You can add waypoints to go via more scenic routes.

You can elect to avoid certain roads or routes.

If you are traveling and it detects a shorter or quicker route it will offer it to you and then you can elect to accept or dismiss the selection.

It even converts the local sizes of clothes etc for you.

It also keeps logs of the journey and the amount of fuel and the consumption of the vehicle.

It also has campsites and parking aires installed.

It is extremely easy to install whatever POI's you want to.

The POI's are KML files from google earth so are widely available or you can of course add your own locations.

In over 5000 miles we have done it has not once let me down in any way shape or form.

The system that is for sale has all the ACSI campsites in France, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Austria, UK, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, all these sites display all the info about each campsite ie, Full address, Tel No, Date open from- to, all rules and Regs of that site, if dogs are allowed, in fact everything that the ACSI site displays when searching for a suitable site.
It also has the locations of Dometic service centres in Germany, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Greece, France, Numerous times Motorhomers have had a fridge or cooker fail and not known where to get it repaired, this system has them.
It has all the Camperstop POI's for Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, UK, These POI's display the Page number of the relevant Camperstop so is used in conjunction with the 2012 Camperstop Book

The Info displayed fr each ACSI Site Example

Attachments

• t_dscn1385_590.jpg
    t_dscn1385_590.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 26
  • t_dscn1386_102.jpg
    t_dscn1386_102.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ginny the F220 won't accept large data sets, It is only made for a car so large POI files are not needed, this was the reason why I changed to the F130, on mine I have all camperstop KML files (the one with 2012 page nos on) all Acsi for Europe some 7000 I think with all the info as per post for each campsite this includes France etc, The one that is for sale has all those installed already cos I did it for my mate.

The Fi130 is an extremely simple swap it is just a case of unplugging and re plugging ie power supply and RGB cable.

Can I suggest you contact a Pioneer installer/supplier near you and ask for their advice But dont forget that the F220 is for a Car (it is very good for that) and the F130 is for a Motorhome/truck

Obviously Bentley's could not be bothered to check if it was for a car or a motorhome - typical.
Michael is a bit concerned about switching it over, he is electrically minded! and he is going to get a torch and see just how easy it is. The unit is in the glove compartment in the motorhome.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
This is a report I did on the same system which I have after touring Europe last year, I actually was a Snooper fan prior to this, so in my motorhome I had the Pioneer AVIC F220 for basic navigation, plus a Snooper S7000 for height weight Low bridges etc and then navigation to a campsite or Aire when required, my friend is a Pioneer agent and he asked my to try one for 6 months and do a report and he would let me have it cheaper, I agreed and he installed it in November 2011, after just 4 months use I purchased it as I was so pleased with it, I then sold my Pioneer AVIC F220 and my Snooper S7000

The system has the whole of Europe already programmed, i.e.;
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia and Iceland.

These in the vast majority of cases are down to street level, cities even have 3D buildings.

Now because there is so much info on the SD card it is advisable to "Reduce" the amount of info needed, i.e. If you aren't going to go to Russia transfer the mapping to your PC.
There is a Program that does all this very easily for you, you just select which you want to "Archive" and it transfers it to your PC and "Stores" it for if and when you do need it.

There are Countless POI's of places, Many Many Campsites and Aires.

To put POI's ONTO the system is extremely easy, If you have a large file of "whatever" you make it into a Google "KML" file, Now I have found that there are Many Many KML files on just about everything you need and because this type of POI is very popular there are more and more available, I transferred over 32,000 campsites/Aires/Sostas onto the system within 30 seconds, that was from getting the SD card out to putting it back with all the info on it.

The system accepts the following information for destinations:-
Co-ordinates
Postcodes (Every Country)
POI's
Town entry
Street entry
Map entry i.e. select a location on it's map and select it as destination

The system also includes TMC
The System is capable of Speed Camera warnings (Subscription)

The System warns you (If Selected) that you are exceeding that particular street/roads speed limit.

The system displays each street/roads speed limit

The system will store up to 400 "Favorite" locations

The system stores Log Files (If selected) to enable you to later export to a GPX file which you can then open in Google and your whole route is then displayed on Google down to the streets/roads you travelled on.

when selecting a destination you have the facility to "Show Alternates: what the system then does is bring up a map which covers the area you are traveling from and To it also displays a list of routes down the side i.e. 1 2 3 etc, then by selecting a number by touching the screen it displays the route on the screen and the estimated traveling time and also the distance, You then have the ability to select whichever one you want to use For example the most direct route or the roundabout route and so on.
It does search for Points of interest which you select along a route, But it will only do it once the route is selected, There are various routes you can select and as above it does show you on a map the various routes, BUT by using Google earth you can select a route you want to travel on and select waypoints which I find an absolutely fantastic function it is then an extremely easy job to download them onto your SD card for using as your journey,
This new unit is without any doubt whatsoever the best Sat Nav I have ever had, It is the easiest to use and gives the most accurate info and in fact the most info.

Little things like as you enter another country it goes through the road speeds and your max speeds.
It will give you info like distance to next Fuel station or parking place.

It will tell you by audio the speed limit of the road you are on and tell you by audio when you reach the speed limit.

It gives you multiple routes and shows you on the screen via the map the route so you can change it if you think for a better route.

You can add waypoints to go via more scenic routes.

You can elect to avoid certain roads or routes.

If you are traveling and it detects a shorter or quicker route it will offer it to you and then you can elect to accept or dismiss the selection.

It even converts the local sizes of clothes etc for you.

It also keeps logs of the journey and the amount of fuel and the consumption of the vehicle.

It also has campsites and parking aires installed.

It is extremely easy to install whatever POI's you want to.

The POI's are KML files from google earth so are widely available or you can of course add your own locations.

In over 5000 miles we have done it has not once let me down in any way shape or form.

The system that is for sale has all the ACSI campsites in France, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Austria, UK, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, all these sites display all the info about each campsite ie, Full address, Tel No, Date open from- to, all rules and Regs of that site, if dogs are allowed, in fact everything that the ACSI site displays when searching for a suitable site.
It also has the locations of Dometic service centres in Germany, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Greece, France, Numerous times Motorhomers have had a fridge or cooker fail and not known where to get it repaired, this system has them.
It has all the Camperstop POI's for Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, UK, These POI's display the Page number of the relevant Camperstop so is used in conjunction with the 2012 Camperstop Book

The Info displayed fr each ACSI Site Example

No wonder he let you have it a bit cheaper, this is an excellent report.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Obviously Bentley's could not be bothered to check if it was for a car or a motorhome - typical.
Michael is a bit concerned about switching it over, he is electrically minded! and he is going to get a torch and see just how easy it is. The unit is in the glove compartment in the motorhome.

If he needs any help please dont hesitate to ask.

The F130 unit is smaller than the F220 but has the same number of Connections ie RGB Lead , GPS antennae connection and Power (permanent and Ignition).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back