May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

So the big 2yr European trip will be here before we know it (July 15th) and we are now doing all our researching, planning, buying, panicking etc etc.
We've got some stuff obviously and a long list of still more to buy, but can you suggest something that we will most definitely need that we wont have thought of???? And ps I dont like Fray Bentos pies!:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
spare spectacles (if you wear them) and proper shoes to drive in Spain....no flip-flops or bare feet.

also in Spain, it's now illegal to drive with an arm out of the window or resting on the window sill :Eeek:

Reflective bibs/vests for all occupants (must be kept to hand..not in a locker etc)

first aid kit

spare bulb kit

warning triangle

the list is endless !

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
spare spectacles (if you wear them) and proper shoes to drive in Spain....no flip-flops or bare feet.

also in Spain, it's now illegal to drive with an arm out of the window or resting on the window sill :Eeek:

Reflective bibs/vests for all occupants (must be kept to hand..not in a locker etc)

first aid kit

spare bulb kit

warning triangle

the list is endless !

Is it a requirement to drive in proper footwear in Spain?
Will tell the old man about the arm out the window, he's a White Van Man and has always done that, lol
Everything else we've got. but thank you x

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The 2013 Official Aires book is due out anytime, for me that's a must have:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Duck tape

String

Torch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
The 2013 Official Aires book is due out anytime, for me that's a must have:thumb:

Yeh the France & Spain books were Xmas presents we asked for. But at what point should we buy an ACSI card if they are only useable in Low season?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Is it a requirement to drive in proper footwear in Spain?
Will tell the old man about the arm out the window, he's a White Van Man and has always done that, lol
Everything else we've got. but thank you x

according to reports I've read on the forums...folks have been 'on the spot' fined for wearing flip-flops after being stopped for other violations.

Spanish police are tightening up on many motoring issues which were previously overlooked..

one such forum post below from an ex-pat in Spain.....

I live about midway between Valencia and Alicante, and a friend (also a Brit x-pat) was just telling me that on Wednesday she was stopped just outside Alicante airport, by Civil Guardia officers, (she had picked up family and was intending to drive back here).
She was then warned that she could be prosecuted for driving in backless sandals (they weren´t flip flops, they were quite sturdy actually, with two straps going across the foot). The penalty for this, according to the officers is up to 300 euros. So, if anyone out there is intending to pick up a rental car here in Spain, you might want to think twice about wearing backless sandals when you drive it away.......

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Torch was on list but thanks for the Duck Tape. Whats the string for, or will I find that out lol?

You never know when you might need some string::bigsmile:

It's light and compact so pack it.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Drain cover lifting handles

Bucket

Fresh water and grey water jerry cans

A camping shower bag - free hot water in sunny climes

Multimeter for checking electrics

12v soldering iron & solder

12v chargers for any gadgets (phone, laptop, camera etc)

Sealant

Last edited:

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
I wish my reply could also be in a comical vein but the best I can suggest is the correct insurance.........

Broken Link Removed

.....other than that........a sense of humour for when/if things don't run according to plan :roflmto:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Spare headlamp beam benders in case the first pair come unstuck and fall off. You will find it hard to source UK-spec ones over there.

A plan to get the MOT (if required) and VED disc renewed.

Spare UK-style fuses for mains plugs (if you plan to use 230V appliances in the van).

Spare water pump.

Clear waterproof / external sellotape in case you need to secure a cracked headlamp. Alternatively cover them permanently with Lamin-x film http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Jubilee clips - have just bought some for our motorhome - don't know why, or where or when or how I'm going to use them but it seem that the more experienced motorhomers find them invaluable so I didn't want to miss out on having a 'jubilee experience'. :roflmto:

Oooooh, and also cable ties - just bought some of these but once again I don't know why or ................. blah blah blah.

Must add fuses to my list now.

P.S. We haven't even been out in the motorhome yet!!!!! But I'm prepared for anything.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
What nothing at all?????

well you don't like FB pies, your doomed I tell you doomed,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
if going to Germany you will need an umwelt badge (a kind of LEZ pass) to go into most big cities. "Camperstop" has an excellent list of free parking for most european countries and "all the aires of France" an Excellent book for that country (both available from vicarious books inc funsters discount).
There is also one for Spain and Portugal. Austria and Switzerland has high toll charges if over 3,500kgs so do be aware of that. Enjoy your trip, though how without an FB pie for backup I have no idea.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back