Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
CFLs have not managed to make it to the top of my to do list for ages. These days I seem to have less and less time every day. Maybe I'll devote some time to it this year, but to be honest I can't see where I'll find it.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
CFLs have not managed to make it to the top of my to do list for ages. These days I seem to have less and less time every day. Maybe I'll devote some time to it this year, but to be honest I can't see where I'll find it.

Come, come, now Jim....You could always employ Shifty as your PA :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

We all know what a fantastic site the Red Kite is.......:Cool:

But, I have just looked up Dragonwillows farm...There is no mention of a campsite nor any prices !:cry::cry::cry:

Can anyone enlighten me as that is a great part of the world !!:Blush:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We all know what a fantastic site the Red Kite is.......:Cool:

But, I have just looked up Dragonwillows farm...There is no mention of a campsite nor any prices !:cry::cry::cry:

Can anyone enlighten me as that is a great part of the world !!:Blush:

We have spent some time there ::bigsmile:

It's currently a basic site, water and disposal point at the house, then a big field to choose a camping spot.

The owners, Andy and Karin, are lovely people - will do whatever they can for you.
It is a working small holding with geese and hens wandering around, a few pigs being raised, fresh vegetables, eggs and fruit for sale at very reasonable prices.

Ten minutes walk into Glastonbury, very peaceful and relaxing.
Highly recommended :Smile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We have spent some time there ::bigsmile:

It's currently a basic site, water and disposal point at the house, then a big field to choose a camping spot.

The owners, Andy and Karin, are lovely people - will do whatever they can for you.
It is a working small holding with geese and hens wandering around, a few pigs being raised, fresh vegetables, eggs and fruit for sale at very reasonable prices.

Ten minutes walk into Glastonbury, very peaceful and relaxing.
Highly recommended :Smile:

Sounds like the English equivalent of the Chicken run. Wonderful. :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Just a couple of thoughts for Jim.

Perhaps individual members could Nominate
good sites to the Fuhrer.
Who would then ask if anyone has any serious
objections or knows of reasons why we shouldnt use
a place.(Although thats difficult here)

that way we can build up a useful database
of good places we would recommend to others.
on say a county by county basis::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A little confusion maybe

Roger a Certified Fun Location is one licenced by Motorhomefun. This is allowed under the exemption certificate issued by Natural England to Motorhomefun and is a way to licence a 5 van campsite without getting planning permission that would normally be required.
It is not a means of verifying as suitable other sites that have already been licenced.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Roger a Certified Fun Location is one licenced by Motorhomefun. This is allowed under the exemption certificate issued by Natural England to Motorhomefun and is a way to licence a 5 van campsite without getting planning permission that would normally be required.
It is not a means of verifying as suitable other sites that have already been licenced.

OK I live & learn
but I still see a valid argument for building up such a database.
:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the problem with CL's, CFL's or whatever is that they can only be used by members of the organisation that licences them. There are a few exceptions to that rule clubs and forums that are free to join basically make everyone who arrives a member and the Motor Caravaners Club has no restriction on who uses their sites, members or not and is the ONLY organisation to allow non members on. Mind you I don't see many people turned away:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I do hope you manage to find time to sort it soon it would be nice to finally start this season as a CFL, I assume its only a matter of issuing the license as all the background checks have been done and the site has been running without problems for two years.
The more CFL's fun has the more prestigious site it becomes and the more members get referred

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
During my daily trawl through my forums I noted this thread by ShiftZZ, as soon as I got to the second post by Jim I thought I'll add these Fun CL locations to my Auto Route, 'RV Friendly Sites UK & Europe' push pins. :Smile:

Link Removed

I even given them there own title 'Funster Sites' :thumb:

I continued checking the two pages containing 15 postings, result, I now have 2 Funster Sites on my Auto Route push pin data base. :Eeek:

Thought there would have been loads more. :Sad::Sad:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The more CFL's fun has the more prestigious site it becomes and the more members get referred

And the only organisation in Europe boasting a site with digital multimeters supplied.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back