SCAM (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Looking on ebay at motorhomes and had a reply from some guy who sent me this info about ebay buying, is this the norm? or is this the scam? the latter i think:Smile:

1. Buyer, Seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends the money to eBay and they inform the seller that the payment was received.
3. Seller delivers the vehicle.
4. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
5. eBay releases the money to seller.

:thumb:Be very careful out there:thumb:
Rob.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Looking on ebay at motorhomes and had a reply from some guy who sent me this info about ebay buying, is this the norm? or is this the scam? the latter i think:Smile:

2. Buyer sends the money to eBay and they inform the seller that the payment was received.

Rob.
No.
Buyer sees and inspects goods before even a penny changes hands
check vehicle is genuinely for sale
and that its by whoever owns it.
tell him you are a policeman/(Even if youre not)
Threaten him with Rottweiler(or Jane)
[HI]if in any doubt-- do nowt.[/HI]

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No.
Buyer sees and inspects goods before even a penny changes hands
check vehicle is genuinely for sale
and that its by whoever owns it.
tell him you are a policeman/(Even if youre not)
Threaten him with Rottweiler(or Jane)
[HI]if in any doubt-- do nowt.[/HI]

:Doh::Doh::Doh: you can have my van for £100 :Eeek: I will send you a fake email/money request from fake ebay account who I tell you will hold your money/THIS IS A REAL account who you payinto via western union etc so no trace on where it goes :Smile:I will then tell you you can have my van delivered and when you are happy you relase the money :Doh::Sad: WHAT MONEY ? IT WENT AS SOON AS YOU PAID IT INTO THE BANK TO HOLD-YOU will never see the van or the money :Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:
WHY HAVE WE ALL BEEN WASTING OUR TIME POINTING OUT SCAMS FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS TRYING TO STOP JUST THIS :Eeek::Eeek::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:::bigsmile:
TERRY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I have our Mh on ebay at the moment, and will be putting it on preloved etc when i have time. Our van will go for between £20-25,000, so we will have to be careful. I will not be accepting payment through paypal (can be cancelled easily) i will not be accepting cash (counterfiet notes and proving it) and bank drafts i have been told can be interfered with.
The only way i will accept payment, is via a bacs or other money transfer, this will go into an account set up for just that transaction, (so nobody has my bank details), and once the payment has been verified by my bank by email, then I will release the MH.(if it goes boobs up then, my bank are liable).
My wifes ID was cloned a couple of years ago, and theives recently posed as HMC&R in an attempt to get my bank detils, so I would be cautious in the extreme, if it puts a buyer off,...tough, ive still got the MH....and my money.

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
We had the same sort of thing last year, I started a thread; Broken Link Removed

Have a look at it- it even has the emails in it. I think you should keep well away, we were nearly there (almost about to send money) but thanks to MHF we didn't make the biggest mistake of our lives. We were very excited and then very depressed but at least we now have a motorhome which was true and we love it.

Good luck in keeping away from those fraudsters. Keep smiling.

:thumb::Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
:Doh::Doh::Doh: you can have my van for £100 :Eeek: I will send you a fake email/money request from fake ebay account who I tell you will hold your money/THIS IS A REAL account who you payinto via western union etc so no trace on where it goes :Smile:I will then tell you you can have my van delivered and when you are happy you relase the money :Doh::Sad: WHAT MONEY ? IT WENT AS SOON AS YOU PAID IT INTO THE BANK TO HOLD-YOU will never see the van or the money :Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:
WHY HAVE WE ALL BEEN WASTING OUR TIME POINTING OUT SCAMS FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS TRYING TO STOP JUST THIS :Eeek::Eeek::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:::bigsmile:
TERRY

Head and Brick wall spring to mind Terry:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes:

Very harsh and unnecessary comments lads..

All well and good for those who know the ways of eBay scammers but the OP just asked for advise...

Whilst sad buggers like me have the time to read all ( well most ) posts, there are many who cannot spend the time doing the same..

Hate to imagine how many times I have answered the same techy questions on a bike forum over the years.. Still answer them.. still do not take the mick or suggest using the search facility .. Just reply as best as I can and move on...

Catty remarks are surely for the dark side not Fun !! :winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Very harsh and unnecessary comments lads..

All well and good for those who know the ways of eBay scammers but the OP just asked for advise...

Whilst sad buggers like me have the time to read all ( well most ) posts, there are many who cannot spend the time doing the same..

Hate to imagine how many times I have answered the same techy questions on a bike forum over the years.. Still answer them.. still do not take the mick or suggest using the search facility .. Just reply as best as I can and move on...

Catty remarks are surely for the dark side not Fun !!
:winky:

Hi John the OP got advise last night via PM :winky:which he hopefully took ::bigsmile:I got the impression it was a little bit of fun from the outset,hence the banter with smiles :Smile: sorry if it offended anyone,but as you say we will keep giving the same advise over and over again :thumb: and we shall keep doing so :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012

Rob.

By any chance Did you receive this as a direct email, and no copy in your eBay inbox?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back