Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll be up there with another van in close company in late August / September, calling in at Gerry's and then on up the West Coast....Griff :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have often thought about arranging one in this area but never seem to have the time to do so, as there doesn't seem to be to many in Scotland.

August, September time would be good but I think I'm busy moving house then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Have often thought about arranging one in this area but never seem to have the time to do so, as there doesn't seem to be to many in Scotland.

August, September time would be good but I think [HI]I'm busy moving house then[/HI] :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Put it off Gerry, can't possibly be as important as a Scotland meet.

I trust my invitation for a night or two on your drive is still on even if you move...You'll have to let me know....Griff
:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Put it off Gerry, can't possibly be as important as a Scotland meet.

I trust my invitation for a night or two on your drive is still on even if you move...You'll have to let me know....Griff
:thumb:

Think that one went over your head Griff was tongue in cheek no plans to move :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012

August, September time would be good but I think I'm busy moving house then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gerry

What about the Caravan Club Site at Culloden Moor, give the English a re match

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We,re up there after the Thetford bash, via Roadpro, in May, going to Magbrin for June then a 60th birthday in Glendaruel on the 11th June, all welcome, then touring the west coast all of June/July until the midges start feeding off of English blood, all with Bee, Alan and Brenda,

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
We,re up there after the Thetford bash, via Roadpro, in May, going to Magbrin for June then a 60th birthday in Glendaruel on the 11th June, all welcome, then touring the west coast all of June/July until the midges start feeding off of English blood, all with Bee, Alan and Brenda,

Let's have a mini, mini, meet !!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Let's have a mini, mini, meet !!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Here are the prices for Glendaruel Caravan Park. Sure we could do a mini meet there.

Touring

Pitch Fees per night with optional use of 16 amp electricity supply. Includes VAT @ 20%

Car and Caravan, Motor Home, Family Tent (4 -6 berth) or Trailer £11.50
Extra Large Tent (8 berth +) £12.50
Small Tent (2 – 3 Berth) £ 9.00
Backpacker or cyclist with small tent £7.00
Each Adult £3.50
Each Child £2.00
Children 0 – 3 years Free
Porch Awning Free
Awnings/Gazebos £2.50
Extra car/boat or trailer £3.00
Linked Weekends (leave caravan on pitch unoccupied) £2.20 per night

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Here are the prices for Glendaruel Caravan Park. Sure we could do a mini meet there.

Touring

Pitch Fees per night with optional use of 16 amp electricity supply. Includes VAT @ 20%

Car and Caravan, Motor Home, Family Tent (4 -6 berth) or Trailer £11.50
Extra Large Tent (8 berth +) £12.50
Small Tent (2 – 3 Berth) £ 9.00
Backpacker or cyclist with small tent £7.00
Each Adult £3.50
Each Child £2.00
Children 0 – 3 years Free
Porch Awning Free
Awnings/Gazebos £2.50
Extra car/boat or trailer £3.00
Linked Weekends (leave caravan on pitch unoccupied) £2.20 per night

If you want a mini meet up in Glendaruel Caravan Park I can sort something out, what dates are best for everyone, we will be there for the week of the 10th June, I can have a word with Annie Craig the owner and sort something out. let us know who's interested,

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We could think about end August/September. I want to get to the Islands some time this year but have booked us for Brittany for all of June. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Reminds me of a time in Drumnadrochit on the side of Loch Ness we met Carol & Eddie and another funster and had a meet there in the carpark, wiz a bloody gert bull in the back ground:ROFLMAO:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:thumb:A rolling meet at the end of August as a follow on from Malvern Show would be good:thumb:

Maybe we can persuade Ray (Dingray) to act as a guide to darkest Scotland

:Cool:Happy Scotland Daze Ahead:Cool:
Chrisboyo

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi guys! May is invariably the best month to be out and about on the west coast as there is a
the best chance of some decent weather, no schools are off and most importantly the midges are still planning their summer.I wouldn't recommend the west coast in August unless you are prepared to be very picky about where you camp as few places are midge free.However there are some glorious places in the east where you may get away with it!:thumb:
They don't bother some people but one August on Ardnamurchan I had to get the district nurse to bring me drugs as it was so bad! Never again.:RollEyes:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
If you are looking for a good east coast spot I would recommend Fortrose Caravan and Camping.Most pitches front onto the Moray Firth, nice little pub in neighbouring Rosemarkie and every chance of seeing the dolphins in August.You can see Inverness light up at night in the distance and it's a stones throw to the shore and lapping waves.
Look at the reviews in UK Camping to get a flavour.:thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
isle of bute jazz

there is a jazz festival on the isle of bute in may. I think its the bank hol weekend. Apparently it is possible to park on promenade or i believe there is a camp site not too far away. would be great for mini meet unfortunately i dont think i will be able to get this year but its on my 'to do' list:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back