Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i have a hymer B534 and i would like to put a safe in under the passenger seat as there is already a compartment, but i need to get someone to make a metal door for it, can anyone give me any advice please..

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Does not sound a massive problem I could do that for you when the field has dried sufficiently to drive across or could make the door and frame for you to bolt to the floor. I have a cl you can stay on whilst it is done. How far are you from Ilfracombe.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There used to be a strong market for doors with locks to fit to the front seats of Talbot/fiat based vehicles. It was just a plate with a lock and lugs to engage in the seat base.
The fits were never perfect but the offer of one AND a pitch should ensure you have the best version.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi

Does not sound a massive problem I could do that for you when the field has dried sufficiently to drive across or could make the door and frame for you to bolt to the floor. I have a cl you can stay on whilst it is done. How far are you from Ilfracombe.

Thanks but im down in Truro, Cornwall....i

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Safe in a Hymer

Hi Paula,

We have a B544 and when we swapped our previous van [Chausson] for this, the dealer simply refitted our Alco safe under the side sofa seat, securing it through the double floor, with the safe door facing upwards. Works well. I know you said in your post that you specifically wanted a safe under the passenger seat, but thought this might be another option. if you wanted to see it, we live in Probus!

Gary:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As you are so close to wildman it sounds like a good offer, especially as if he makes it it will fit.:thumb:
Perhaps he might make me one for the similar arrangement on the mercedes when I go down to his in August :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back