retierd army type (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
think this may be in the wrong place i am sure jim will put in whare it belongs but her go's i have set up a voluntary youth group this is a Maren cadet core troop in goole.
and i am looking for infantry training manuals any thing to do with the
royal Marines.royal navy
as i was commando RE
and have spent the last 20 years with the army cadets with the rank of Capitan when i left i just need sum Navy stuff for hand out's training i know that any thing laying around sume ones Attic my be out of date but sume of it may be relevant to my units needs
the unit is set up in a aria of sum need hopefully i can turn sum life's around
but if in the time i run it if i just change one for the better i will have done my job.
in my years as a army cadet instructor i seen so many Young people turn out to do well.
but sadly have herd of so many that just arnt with us any more.
so any thing you have will be appreciated
from unwanted uniforms to a swagger sticks that unused 432 to the sarison just roting away in the garage.
PM with any thing you think may help thanks in anticipation:thumb:

capten William Michale RE (MCC)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Good for you Bill - I know you will be absolutely great at it!

Get some pride instilled in the youth of today and set them up for tomorrow. :Smile:

Sorry I don't have anything that will be useful, but if you need a friendly ear I used to be a Air Cadet instructor.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
think this may be in the wrong place i am sure jim will put in whare it belongs but her go's i have set up a voluntary youth group this is a Maren cadet core troop in goole.
royal Marines.royal navy
as i was commando RE
and have spent the last 20 years with the army cadets with the rank of Capitan when i left i just need sum Navy stuff for hand out's training i know that any thing laying around sume ones Attic my be out of date but sume of it may be relevant to my units needs
but if in the time i run it if i just change one for the better i will have done my job.
in my years as a army cadet instructor i seen so many Young people turn out to do well.
from unwanted uniforms to a swagger sticks that unused 432 to the sarison just roting away in the garage.

THINK IT IS SPELT RETIRED AND CAPTAIN, NOT Retiered and Capten. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
have you read the forum's rules? Pulling people up on spelling and/or grammar can result in a ban. People who cannot spell are often dyslexic and that is no slur on their level of education or lack of. Those that suffer from it are welcome here and I applaud them for posting, it is not easy exposing ones weaknesses. So well done to those who cannot spell yet still post, keep it up and good luck with the RM Cadets Bill, I was an ACF instructor for a few years when I had more time. The RM barracks at Portsmouth have a cadet corp maybe they could help you out with appropriate literature and equipement. I know they have a band there and also a gun run team, now that is fun.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the dark side starts to infect motorhomefun,nothing constructive to post ,so pull the guy up on his spelling and grammar,well done you must feel all warm and cuddly now:Sad:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
have you read the forum's rules? Pulling people up on spelling and/or grammar can result in a ban. People who cannot spell are often dyslexic and that is no slur on their level of education or lack of. Those that suffer from it are welcome here and I applaud them for posting, it is not easy exposing ones weaknesses. So well done to those who cannot spell yet still post, keep it up and good luck with the RM Cadets Bill, I was an ACF instructor for a few years when I had more time. The RM barracks at Portsmouth have a cadet corp maybe they could help you out with appropriate literature and equipement. I know they have a band there and also a gun run team, now that is fun.

thanks roger dyslexic i am some on her ho think thay are smart just ant as smart as thay think any one can drive a truck it dont take a lot of gray mater for that but ther isent to many the can do wat i do dyslexia and all normaly i find truck drivers the worst at critesising other espechaly retierd ones my brother is just like him a mart ars trucker

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
royal Marines.royal navy
as i was commando RE

wish you luck bill,this country need more people like you that are willing to give up their time to help the youth of today,and as you say if it helps one youth to stay on the straight and narrow,its all worth it:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We all know some people on here are not so hot at spelling, they know themselves also, but post on here because its not like other forums who have the spelling and grammar police who jump on any spelling errors.

It matters more about content than how you spell and I would sooner read 1000 posts like the one Bill put above than one taking the pee out of his spelling.

Well done Bill for trying to make a difference I am only sorry I cannot help you out with such a worthy and selfless thing you are trying to do if you help a few kids it will all be worth it:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I apologise , I to am dyslexic and thought i was being clever spotting spelling mistakes. I always have to use spell checker. I again apologise .

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I apologise , I to am dyslexic and thought i was being clever spotting spelling mistakes. I always have to use spell checker. I again apologise .

acepted i will have to put spell cuker on her:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I apologise , I [HI]to[/HI]am dyslexic and thought i was being clever spotting spelling mistakes. I always have to use spell checker. I again apologise .

It's too actually:ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
DESERVED THAT but spell checker does not pick that up, or THERE and THEIR or WHERE and WERE

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I don`t care how you spell I can read it an understand it ,is very informative, keep it up:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Busby, thanks for apologising quickly, always the best way. Well done:thumb:

As a reminder see Link Removed and this Link Removed for the reasoning behind the rule. Thanks

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sorry Bill can't help, dumped ALL my gear many many years ago, but hey!:thumb:
you are doing a wonderful job helping these kids, only wish I was closer so I could help.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Busby, thanks for apologising quickly, always the best way. Well done:thumb:

As a reminder see Link Removedand this Link Removed for the reasoning behind the rule. Thanks

jim can you resize that picture i put up seems to have taken over the hole Page and screwing up my thred thanks bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill the look on that face in the picture says more than any words can, well done

and this is just the beginning it was freezing but fun we had a tactical bonfire hot water Bootle's and feather sleeping bags just wish i could have got more out in the Field but funds are tight for Greer most of it has come out of my pocket at the moment till we get sum funding sorted out wouldn't change it for the world didn't realize how much i missed it

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Bill - Baby booties eh? now theres a challenge..... hormones and guns :ROFLMAO:

I'm the training officer for our local Air Cadets squadron, civilian instructor - refuse point blank to go into Crabfat blues having being in the senior service and all that:roflmto: - the shame would be too much to bear

anyhar....were having a bit of clear out at the moment so ill have a mooch about at the squadron next Monday to see whats around - outdoor type stuff now, doubt your little warriors will be interested in flying things :ROFLMAO:, ATC is cutting back on the outdoor stuff...which is a shame, but hey ho

There may be (no guarantee) some DPM around...and cammo cremes and stuff

Ill drop you a line next week to tell you what we have, can bring it along to the next meet...are you going to chester??

For specific matelot and bootie stuff, have you tried the local careers office? pretty sure they will have stuff you can have

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Bill this shop http://www.springfields.co.uk/

sells the kind of stuff you would use I think have a look
I would ring them up tell them what you are doing and ask them if they would be willing to help you with discounts donations anything sponsorship that kind of thing ( you never know if you do not ask) TIMES ARE TIGHT BUT ITS WORTH A TRY AS ITS A GOOD CAUSE

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill - Baby booties eh? now theres a challenge..... hormones and guns :ROFLMAO:

I'm the training officer for our local Air Cadets squadron, civilian instructor - refuse point blank to go into Crabfat blues having being in the senior service and all that:roflmto: - the shame would be too much to bear

anyhar....were having a bit of clear out at the moment so ill have a mooch about at the squadron next Monday to see whats around - outdoor type stuff now, doubt your little warriors will be interested in flying things :ROFLMAO:, ATC is cutting back on the outdoor stuff...which is a shame, but hey ho

There may be (no guarantee) some DPM around...and cammo cremes and stuff

Ill drop you a line next week to tell you what we have, can bring it along to the next meet...are you going to chester??

For specific matelot and bootie stuff, have you tried the local careers office? pretty sure they will have stuff you can have
don't think i will make chester but i can collect it from you that grate nothing refused all appreciated thanks :thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill this shop http://www.springfields.co.uk/

sells the kind of stuff you would use I think have a look
I would ring them up tell them what you are doing and ask them if they would be willing to help you with discounts donations anything sponsorship that kind of thing ( you never know if you do not ask) TIMES ARE TIGHT BUT ITS WORTH A TRY AS ITS A GOOD CAUSE

spring felds are a bit expensive but their Ari soft guns are good i use them for skill at arms there as near as you can get to the real thing thanks for the link thay dint do discounts was on the phone for hrs yesterday but geting sum money from the local council thanks for youre help :thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well thank all who responded and thank's for the PM thay wear very helpful
and the offers of help and donations of kit will all help but i think that the inter Continental ballistic missile should go back along with the luncher and the five Russian defectors:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back