Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Allestree, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi everyone, am thinking of going to the Isle of Wight on one of the red funnel deals. Has anyone stayed on any of the following sites.?
Appuldurcombe Garden, Orchards holiday park,Waverley park, or Whitfield Forest? As I've never been to the Island before,would be grateful for any info regarding any of the sites on offer.
Many thanks,
Buzzard.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have used Red Funnel to visit the Isle of Wight on two occasions. Each time we have stopped at Whitfield Forest. A clean and tidy site with excellent facilities, there are bus stops just a few hundred yards from the site entrance. Would have no hesitation in recommending the site.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I live on the island and Whitefields forest is the only one that I use , although I have in the past used all of them, each has it's own good points, The Waverley has hard standings own bar & sea views , nice seafront not for swimming but for looking at yachts etc, Orchards has nice indoor and outdoor pool ,extra charge bit rural, with a takeaway + shop, Appuldurcombe has a outdoor pool, bar etc no hardings , Whitefields is in small forest/woods ,no shop no bar no pool, just back to nature,with nice pitches 50/50 hard standings /grass. all ehu , nicely laid out site, toilet block superb . Any other thoughts on what to do or see just ask.
Terry:sin:

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Appledurcombe done the five night deal last year, nice clean site, toilet and shower facilities spotless.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The BUNGALOW near Freshwater its a CL. no electric, no facilities ( except fresh water and waste disposal )

but great location and only 5 pitches on a huge field with great views.:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi everyone, am thinking of going to the Isle of Wight on one of the red funnel deals. Has anyone stayed on any of the following sites.?
Appuldurcombe Garden, Orchards holiday park,Waverley park, or Whitfield Forest? As I've never been to the Island before,would be grateful for any info regarding any of the sites on offer.
Many thanks,
Buzzard.

Hi Buzzard, I was going to say Pm Fidget (Terry) who is very knowledgeable and lives on the [STRIKE]Pile of Sh[/STRIKE] Southern Island, but he's beat me to it.

Please Buzzard while you're over there teach Terry how to upload pics to the Forum.......:ROFLMAO:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi,did waverley park a couple of years ago,nice little site within walking distance of osborne house,worth a visit,great views across the solent .good value for money

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
The BUNGALOW near Freshwater its a CL. no electric, no facilities ( except fresh water and waste disposal )

but great location and only 5 pitches on a huge field with great views.:thumb:

Hi Phil , as said I don't use campsites much on the island but I stay at this cl quite a lot and several others, this one has fab views ,no electric, walks are great.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Phil , as said I don't use campsites much on the island but I stay at this cl quite a lot and several others, this one has fab views ,no electric, walks are great.

we visited the island first time last year and stayed at the bungalow loved it and as you say great walks with a pub or tea room always nearby.

we will get there again, maybe not this year though:thumb:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have stopped at The Orchids and last year Appuldurcombe which is our favourite due to proximity to the coast, also it had undergone considerable upgrading just prior to our visit , Superb extra toilet block and a lot more hard stadings, if I recall most of them serviced, recommended:thumb:

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

We stayed for 5 nights at Waverley Park new year 2011/2012, taking advantage of the Red Funnel deal. We found the site was fine - toilets and showers very clean. When we stayed there was some redevelopment going on, I think they were building a new clubhouse.

Plenty of statics on site but most of them seemed to be unoccupied when we were there.

Nice view of the solent from our pitch and best of all, very easy to get to the shops, pubs and restaurants - just a short walk or ride on the chain ferry away.

If you don't fancy doing too much driving the site is less than 5 minutes drive from the ferry terminal.

Paul

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We did one of the red funnel deals last year. Stayed at Whitefield forest, excellent site, the island has first class public transport, so no need to use the van unless you want to. Some of the roads are very narrow, so plan your route carefully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back