Rant doctors & nurses appointments (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Now as some of you know I am following a fasting diet

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/u-shaped-lounge/53384-bbc-prog- alternative-diet-5-2-diet.html

As I have read various newspaper publications and other formats
They have all said consult your doctor

So as I very rarely bother the medical profession

As I had to visit our surgery to pick up sons prescription (Thyroxine )

Thought I know have a word with the nurse
So asks [STRIKE]hitler[/STRIKE] read desk jockey can I see the nurse

Why came the reply

I am on a diet and would like confirmation it is not harming me

Oohh we don't help with diets
And we only have one nurse others off sick

Oh says I can I have me blood pressure checked then

D/jock looks to the sky then at me Oh alright
Tomorrow

No says I looking after grandchild :ROFLMAO:

D/jock when then

Next week would be nice kids are off

D/jock looks over her shoulder at back room staff
Book him in if we have to cancel someone so be it

I said we'll if its a problem ill cancel
Oh no it's just we only have one nurse others off sick
I took the appointment

and I left As i felt a Rhod Gilbert moment coming on

Anyone would think I was asking for the Crown Jewels
And it's the health profession saying loose weight
But don't bother us we don't bloomin care :Angry::Angry:

And breath and relax ahhh nice thoughts flutter by :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You should move north to somewhere more civilised Bill :Smile:

The receptionists at our GP practice apologise if they can't get you an appointment within a 24 hours (which very rarely happens).

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

The receptionists at our GP practice apologise if they can't get you an appointment within a 24 hours (which very rarely happens).

Same Here in filthy Midlands (North to you Bill):ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
This particular desk jokey
reminds me of a Rottweiler
with toth ache, and trapped wotsits

Usually there a bit helpfull

Thought I'd save a doctors appt for someone ill :Eeek:

Ill know next time :Angry:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Same Here in filthy Midlands (North to you Bill):ROFLMAO:

It's been a thought since kids left home
But I'd miss the grand kids

Thought still there mind

Would I still need a topcoat and central heating

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
with our doctors you need to book it at least a week in advance.
and if you want to use the doctors phone in for a chat service ( that im sure they leave the phones off the hook at those times ) you have to just keep trying to get through on a busy line.

oh the joys of living in a civilised world :Doh::Doh::Doh:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Sorry but doctors and nurses in the NHS are very busy people and are there to treat sick people. You are not sick so is it fair on you to take an appointment away from a sick person? Maybe if you are unsure of the quality of your diet you could make a private appointment to see a dietician ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's been a thought since kids left home
But I'd miss the grand kids

Thought still there mind

Would I still need a topcoat and central heating

A topcoat? Have you never seen film of Newcastle Bigg Market on a Friday night? Anything more than a T shirt (men) or micro mini skirt & halter top (women) and you're overdressed :roflmto:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Sorry but doctors and nurses in the NHS are very busy people and are there to treat sick people. You are not sick so is it fair on you to take an appointment away from a sick person? Maybe if you are unsure of the quality of your diet you could make a private appointment to see a dietician ?

Couln't agree more - I once asked my former GP as to what proportion of the patients filling his surgery on a daily basis REALLY needed to see him - His answer: "About 25%." Says it all really!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Really surprised to see these replys. our Doctor encourage you to take care of your weight, seems like a jobs worth to me. Just reading the book on 5/2 diet, lots of medical research has been done into it, makes interesting reading. Its working for me :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I should think Bill that whatever the slight deficiencies in your diet might be, they are a lot less harmful than carrying around a load of excess weight.:thumb:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

The practice nurse told me
I should lose weight and to ask if I needed help

Seems they change their mind to suit

Your encouraged to visit the doctors
If you have health concerns
I used to be able to wander in
Quick chat 2-3 mins no prob
About six times in 27 years
Till the new practice manager arrived

I don't see it as a waste of the medical professions time
As I see it if I was to follow a path that was harmfull
And then became ill ,
I would then involve a lot more health professionals
And possible hospital time

Instead of a 5 minute chat to confirm I have not taken an unsafe path
From obese to a sensible weight
I could of asked for a gastric band
But the thought of invasive surgery stops me

As I said I don't see it as wasteful of nhs time
Surely prevention is the way forward with a little encouragement
:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Really surprised to see these replys. our Doctor encourage you to take care of your weight, seems like a jobs worth to me. Just reading the book on 5/2 diet, lots of medical research has been done into it, makes interesting reading. Its working for me :Smile:

Oh it's certainly working for me
as far as I see it it's for life
I walk now rather than drive to the local shops
don't get out of breath
me hip is less uncomfortable now as well
I can see my feet and tie my shoelaces
Without the circumference

so yes it's working
I should think Bill that whatever the slight deficiencies in your diet might be, they are a lot less harmful than carrying around a load of excess weight.:thumb:

I can't agree more
i just wanted to make sure
:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
A topcoat? Have you never seen film of Newcastle Bigg Market on a Friday night? Anything more than a T shirt (men) or micro mini skirt & halter top (women) and you're overdressed :roflmto:

Sounds like corn beef city

Can't stand being cold

Been out in the cold to often at work when I was working

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I recently received a letter from my GPs Surgery (via my sisters address as I'm in Tenerife) to attend for a blood test I'm a Type II diabetic and I'm on some different medication and they wanted to check if it was working OK after 3 months I was going to the UK for a visit anyway so it all tied up..
Got to my sisters house phoned Surgery and asked for an appointment this was Monday 8:30 am when I rang..I says can I have an appointment for a blood test...desk Jockey says yep next Thursday 17:15 I says no you've sent for me so I want it ASAP!! so she says well this Thursday at 17:30..I says you ain't listening are you ..You wanted me ASAP now I want an appointment ASAP..I got one the next day for 9:00am spoke to the diabetic nurse she says in future just call into reception explain all you need is the paperwork to be given to you so you can go to the hospital and get the test..So I said why wasn't I told of this 4 years ago this now saves me clogging up the system as i don't really consider meself that poorly..Now all I have to do is call for the paperwork go to the hospital early doors next day then get an appointment for 4 days later to be told the results by the nurse..about time they saw sense..

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I dont get issues booking Drs appointments any more::bigsmile:

I wont bore you with whats wrong with me, but lets just say I am seriously unwell and disabled. Anyway I was sat waiting to go and see my GP after waiting for 2 weeks for an available slot. My Dr came out to call his next patient, 2 ahead of me and saw me sat waiting, looking like death warmed up (I'm not joking). Without hesitation he apologised to the woman he had just called and took me through to his room straight away. He started to give me the lecture about not leaving my illness until I am in crisis and how I should of booked an apointment 2 weeks ago. When he heard that I was made to wait so long, he went straight out of his room and across to reception, where he tore a strip off the receptionist and told her that any patient THAT ill should be seen immediately, without appointment if needs be. Making me wait so long and then putting me in the waiting room without attention could of killed me and never make that mistake again. He then returned to treat me.

After my consultation had finished I felt sorry for the receptionist and apologised if I had caused her trouble. Never evere had a problem since, and the receptionists know me by name now. I am also on the list they keep of people that must see a Dr same day if I phone them

Get on well with all the people at the surgery actually and an excellent relationship with my Dr. I apologised for taking up so much time one day and what he said surprised me. "It's nice to have a genuinely ill person to treat, as many patients I see are here for nothing" I do know what he means, having seen so many suposedly ill people in the waiting room, chatting on their phones. Drs notes for work, school or DWP seems to be the main issue. Cant work today, I'm dieing of a cold etc

Drs deserve some respect for the abuse they get daily. Tell somebody they

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I agree with what everyone has said. Many receptionists are descended from Rottweillers. Personally I'd have asked for a complaints form !

They do blood tests they say you need, then don't bother telling you the results, unless you ring up. Then (and Mondo I'm T1 diabetic) they say A1c? - Fine ! And I say no, you've made a mistake there, because that just isn't even a possible answer. What is the number please? And you can hear the Deep Sigh. And yes, then I'll complain again next time I go in.

If she doesn't tell me then I WILL have to waste a doctor's time won't I? - because actually he's a lot easier to make a ruddy appt with than a nurse. Because I actually know by now what my test results mean and I can therefore decide if I need to see someone qualified about them or not, whether or no the doc has marked it 'see me'. If I am worried about the result and need advice , whether he cares or not, then I need to see him. End of story.

I don't do it lightly. There are a lot of germs in surgery waiting rooms and once you have a compromised immune system ......

And of course I very very seldom either look or sound ILL. That's the trouble with invisible conditions ! Yet I still cost the NHS quite a lot of money just staying alive. I could cost em a whole lot more if I let the complications set in, couldn't I? - what is it for the me and Mondos of this world - 10% of the whole NHS budget?

So nobody should make judgments about people, just because of what they look like.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
You have a receptionist! At our health centre all we get is a self service check-in screen. The receptionist was taken out years ago. To make an appointment you have to phone, at precisely 08:00 hrs, not a minute before, and a few seconds later all the supposed appointments are gone. Most of the back room staff seem to be part time so it's difficult to get any sense out of anyone.

Bill

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
This particular desk jokey
reminds me of a Rottweiler
with toth ache, and trapped wotsits

Usually there a bit helpfull

Thought I'd save a doctors appt for someone ill :Eeek:

Ill know next time :Angry:

Is she part time because i am sure she is at our surgery:cry::cry:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If I need a doctor I go and see him {no receptionist}

If I need the Hospital I go there {no long que}

If I need an operation I get it {no long waiting list}

OK I pay a small part of each visit about £2.

That stops people going to the Doctors wasting his time.

All private Doctors and Hospitals

O I miss the National Health Service:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back