Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi guys,

Been looking for a new bbq and found a Cobb cooking system.

Has anyone experience of or opinion on them please?

£100 so not cheap,

Thanks for any advice

Andy

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi guys,

Been looking for a new bbq and found a Cobb cooking system.

Has anyone experience of or opinion on them please?

£100 so not cheap,

Thanks for any advice

Andy

Do a search on Cobb, there was a former poster (Slobergobbob)on here that had nothing but praise for the Cobb system.:thumb:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Have had a Cobb for about 7 years , excellent especially for roasting a joint as a barbecue tool I think wasteful but still does an excellent job. You must also ensure a good supply of quality briquettes I found the Webber type to be excellent in this respect.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Good bit of kit, Jim, our ringleader (let his name be praised) recommended it, we've used it often.:thumb:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
I have had one for several years, you do need good quality fuel as already stated. It is great for doing joints of meat, chicken, i bake bread on mine. They are different to normal barbys and you need to get use to them, but they are great. Also bit of a pig to clean, but i love mine.:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
wonderful system but one word of caution do NOT use it in the van, always outside and never in a tent either. There have been several serious cases of carbon monoxide poisoning and a few deaths.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We sell loads of them, and have the full range of accessories in stock. Probably of more use is the fact that we have used one ourselves in the past but gave it away to one of our friends

We found that it was excellent for two to four people it couldn't cope with more. We have four grown up children :Eeek: that often join us with partners especially when there is free food and drink on offer.

So I was carrying dead weight. So yes it is excellent to cook on, but if your regularly cooking for many, don't waste your money.

If you decide to buy on don't forget you get 15% discount if your a genuine Motorhome FUN subscriber:thumb:

Mar 2, 2009
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Cobb

Hi, I purchased one last summer, you're right not cheap but EXCELLENT. I use charcoal brickettes rather than the 'Cobb' fuel, simply because I had a load. I have all the attachments so can use as oven, grill, frying pan. Have cooked some very good meals. I have not seen the episode but apparently the Hairy Bikers have used one. A neighbour of mine put me on to the Cobb.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We sell loads of them, and have the full range of accessories in stock.
If you decide to buy on don't forget you get 15% discount if your a genuine Motorhome FUN subscriber:thumb:

Ere.......Eddie.. Do you sell the full range of Cobb stuff as I am looking to buy one. I just saw this thread whilst searching the forum.

Is the discount still available? (is delivery free?)

Cheers :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back