Val thorens expeditionary mission part 2 (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we're booked.

After debating debating arguing with Nikki we have finally booked in to VT for our forthcoming ski mission.

We wanted to go to Les Menuires but that was just when it was Nikki I and the boys. We thought we might take in a few resorts at the same time.

But

But

But.

Then came another, and then another and then another and then another..........You know how it is. Mention a bit of skiing and snow fun in the French Alps and they just cant resist. :winky:
As its the busiest time of the year and looking at various webcams we are playing it safe for the 3rd year on the trot. Not that there is nothing wrong with VT, the best ski area in Europe for sure.

So we leave Wednesday and hit the Slopes Friday Morning. If your about the area, give us a shout I promise, you won't miss us.

In convoy there is

Haggers
Driving
Edgy
Red dragon
Forestboy.

Some have never skied, some have skied for Britain, so it should be a laugh...:roflmto:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a brilliant time, with the funsters going with you you are bound to have fun, keep us posted.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!

Actually we do and we are on the phone to the Samaritans........:cry:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have the same thoughts as Lynn -Mrs Ash only have to wait for the passports to be returned to us / renewal jobby ...but then we can perhaps run the course without them

xxx lolol:thumb::thumb: yay hay Lisa n Brian

But Paul that is what is good with VT your spot is saved ..I guess you take your chance at Les M ..it looked good as we descended home but there were quite a few there parked up when nearly empty at VT

As more than VT ( only us funsters mainly at Vt .)you take your chance But sincerely wish you all a fab time n if our passports return in time you never know who might turn up lolol

Don't forget to post some pics xx

Looks like chains will be used so hope all have them n practiced putting them on as when in the freezing snow temps so
much harder to do xx

JohnnKath

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're off tomorrow 10am gonna spend a couple of days in Brugges then meet the rest of the gang in VT. Just got back from Bristol been to the theatre to see the new version of Oliver.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Kath i would love to see you and john on the slopes. You only need photographic ID so dont wait for the passports. If you come i will let you know where we are i will leave you one of my snow angels.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We have the same thoughts as Lynn -Mrs Ash only have to wait for the passports to be returned to us / renewal jobby ...but then we can perhaps run the course without them

xxx lolol:thumb::thumb: yay hay Lisa n Brian

But Paul that is what is good with VT your spot is saved ..I guess you take your chance at Les M ..it looked good as we descended home but there were quite a few there parked up when nearly empty at VT

As more than VT ( only us funsters mainly at Vt .)you take your chance But sincerely wish you all a fab time n if our passports return in time you never know who might turn up lolol

Don't forget to post some pics xx

Looks like chains will be used so hope all have them n practiced putting them on as when in the freezing snow temps so
much harder to do xx

JohnnKath

As you can see this is the pic of the aire at Les M as of today. We had no intention of going to VT due to its landscape. However, I have spoken with the owners whom have promised a better spot for us.

I would of gone to Les M and not been worried too much if it was just Nikki and I, and we would of moved to other resorts but as soon as people wanted to come you have to make alternative plans. This is probably the last year that we will be going half term week or maybe just one more. The we would go a week later and go where we like. Last week the aire at Les M had 6 vans on it, given that scenario it's a better bet than VT.

Of course, I love VT anyway so it's no problem, still the best skiing around for those adventurous ones amongst us and still a great area for those that have never skied.

As for snow chains, I don't need to worry about them, Edgy and Mark are well trained in putting them on. As payment for taking them they are putting them on for me whilst I sit in the van drinking hot chocolate.

There's been so much snow in VT the last 10 days that there simply can not be anymore to fall. Looking at the web cams there has been 5 consecutive white out days so hoping things change, come this week......:Eeek::Cool:

So stop beating around the bush Kath & John, get loaded and see you there Friday lunchtime. :winky:

Attachments

• les m.jpg
    les m.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Kath i would love to see you and john on the slopes. You only need photographic ID so dont wait for the passports. If you come i will let you know where we are i will leave you one of my snow angels.:ROFLMAO:

At -30 today up on the top mate, your snow angel picture is going to be one worth seeing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

think you might want to keep ya pants on with a banana stuffed down there:ROFLMAO:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Snow is snow how can it be any colder . But yes banana could be a good point with or without snow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
As you can see this is the pic of the aire at Les M as of today. We had no intention of going to VT due to its landscape. However, I have spoken with the owners whom have promised a better spot for us.

I would of gone to Les M and not been worried too much if it was just Nikki and I, and we would of moved to other resorts but as soon as people wanted to come you have to make alternative plans. This is probably the last year that we will be going half term week or maybe just one more. The we would go a week later and go where we like. Last week the aire at Les M had 6 vans on it, given that scenario it's a better bet than VT.

Of course, I love VT anyway so it's no problem, still the best skiing around for those adventurous ones amongst us and still a great area for those that have never skied.

As for snow chains, I don't need to worry about them, Edgy and Mark are well trained in putting them on. As payment for taking them they are putting them on for me whilst I sit in the van drinking hot chocolate.

There's been so much snow in VT the last 10 days that there simply can not be anymore to fall. Looking at the web cams there has been 5 consecutive white out days so hoping things change, come this week......:Eeek::Cool:

So stop beating around the bush Kath & John, get loaded and see you there Friday lunchtime. :winky:
We would love to join you but can't take the stress of no passports ... Edgy I will explain when I see you next ..

The road down was never clear as your pic all the time we were there ... Also look out for the phantom sex visitors if you are in the space beyond ( speak with Monsi lol also a strange woman kept loitering about .... If anyone need spectacles etc or new goggles go to 2300 optic which is at the top of the 3 rd magic carpet .. Great opticians :thumb:

Have fun.... fingers crossed our passports will return in time but doubt as mine have further to travel than Johns ( haggers will explain )

Have a good trip all and much fun xx

John n Kath xx

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
[HI]We would love to join you but can't take the stress of no passports ... Edgy I will explain when I see you next ..[/HI]

The road down was never clear as your pic all the time we were there ... Also look out for the phantom sex visitors if you are in the space beyond ( speak with Monsi lol also a strange woman kept loitering about .... If anyone need spectacles etc or new goggles go to 2300 optic which is at the top of the 3 rd magic carpet .. Great opticians :thumb:

Have fun.... fingers crossed our passports will return in time but doubt as mine have further to travel than Johns ( haggers will explain )

Have a good trip all and much fun xx

John n Kath xx

WOOHOOOO - we have a new 'its an American Thing':ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well had a great start to the trip.
Filling up with water the hose came loose and soaked me then I slipped and hurt my back finally collected the skis and got away 2 hours late . Half way to Folkestone I noticed a bit of clutch slip :Doh: Anyway decided to carry on to Brugges tomorrow and decide what to do depending on the clutch. Anyway now parked near Folkstone spilled a coffee over the steering wheel and its been snowing for 3 hours and sticking and my bloody backs agony :cry: Oh the joy of travel eh !!!

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Mucho ouches :Eeek: but look on the positive side...it can only get better:roflmto:

Clares just asked...has Jan not got a spell that can help?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Mucho ouches :Eeek: but look on the positive side...it can only get better:roflmto:

Clares just asked...has Jan not got a spell that can help?

Only get better eh!! Just been outside must be a good 3 or 4 inches of snow now and we're at the bottom of a nice slope.
Don't know about a spell she just threatened to stab me with a knitting needle if I don't stop moaning:Eeek:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
sorted...skies, slope, snow....whatcha need to go to the alps for :ROFLMAO:

a thought....can acupuncture be done with knitting needles?:winky:

seriously though...hope the back settles down, alternate hot and cold compresses used to work for me...so hot water bottle and a roll in the snow should work wonders:Eeek:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Only get better eh!! Just been outside must be a good 3 or 4 inches of snow now and we're at the bottom of a nice slope.
Don't know about a spell she just threatened to stab me with a knitting needle if I don't stop moaning:Eeek:

God Rory stop moaning.....all you've got is a bad Back a slipping clutch a water leak and a few inches of snow....

Here's the plan

Take voltarol for the pain.
The clutch will do 1000s yet
Get some putty for the water leak
And get ya skis out and get in the snow chuck one at her whilst she's knitting....see. You Thursday night:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You're right Paul and I forgot the good news. The front of the van is now nice and warm with that small pump fitted even tonight in this weather. :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Bungy, I've added you as home based technical support services. Any info we need will come from your little welsh command centre...

Any pictures will be emailed you for immediate erection on to here...

It's a tough job but an important one...

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Bungy, I've added you as home based technical support services. Any info we need will come from your little welsh command centre...

Any pictures will be emailed you for immediate erection on to here...

It's a tough job but an important one...

Roger that pink leader

Operation peewee does a snow angel (ask ian....) will commence on 13/02/2013, advance party has been deployed followin reccon in january

Password for comms is...pink tuttus rule

over.......

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I've seen he snow angel photograph evidence.

In his defence it was cold..:winky:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Current lm aire occupancy

,morning Paul, leader of the pack
Just been told that there are currently 45 vans in the aire but no more available hook up points, if van self sufficient places to park and snowing hard.

have a good trip.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
,morning Paul, leader of the pack
Just been told that there are currently 45 vans in the aire but no more available hook up points, if van self sufficient places to park and snowing hard.

have a good trip.

As I said in my original post Rick. Regrettably my experience and the Les M webcam made it clear getting 5 vans on would prove to difficult. Hence we are booked in to VT. however I have had a word with them up there to get us a decent spot......

Snowing hard I like :thumb:

Forecast is lots of snow mon tues wed then sunny for our arrival :Smile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
As I said in my original post Rick. Regrettably my experience and the Les M webcam made it clear getting 5 vans on would prove to difficult. Hence we are booked in to VT. however I have had a word with them up there to get us a decent spot......

Snowing hard I like :thumb:

Forecast is lots of snow mon tues wed then sunny for our arrival :Smile:

Aire 70 places when full, so lots of space can be back up plan if road bad and not clear in time of arrival Have them chains well polished:Eeek:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Aire 70 places when full, so lots of space can be back up plan if road bad and not clear in time of arrival Have them chains well polished:Eeek:

Not a chance of getting 5 vans on there, look at the web cam, dead useful. Twice we have had a peak on the way back from VT only to see a van or two queing to get in.

You need to learn Rik. when I organise things I organise things. Like for example, I have organised the weather.
Plenty of snow today and now look...

cheering up nicely for our arrival.. No need for snow chains, despite the fact I can put them on in under 2 minutes :winky: as I have been practising all morning being as they are new ones. New tyres fitted and tested and just back from the weighbridge. Weighing in at 4t 20kg with full water, food, diesel, 4 sets of skis, 5 sets of boots, (i like spare ones) sledge, countless amounts of junk food, clothing and laptop computers. Only thing I haven't put in is err people, so Ive got 230kg spare, I weigh 75, George 65 Harley 55 kg so I hope Nikki has been dieting and a good job Tara aint coming.

anyhow, can't believe that this is Motorhome ski trip number 10 in 8 years and probably the last as a family now the oldun's knocking 17.... So we are going to make the most of it and have a nice snowmobile ride tour....

Travel safe people and here's your picture of my planned weather. :Cool:

Attachments

• fors ki fun.jpg
    fors ki fun.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 21

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well we made it to Brugge, just relaxing now with a beer, what a lovelly old town had a quick look today gonna have a good wander tomorrow.
Got up at 6am to dig us out of some deep snow only to have some clown with a trailer and car on tow stuck right across the front of me. He sat in the van shouting at his wife who was trying to dig him out with a windscreen scraper:Doh: I ended up having to dig and push him 200 yds uphill before I could get out and he never even got out the van or said thanks miserable ****** ::bigsmile:
Anyway we missed our train but got on the next and had an uneventfull journey into Brugges and no more clutch fault and my backs better, must have been the digging.
See you soon guys, might even pick up a beer or two tomorrow to share on Thursday:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You need to learn Rik. when I organise things I organise things. Like for example, I have organised the weather......

.....here's your picture of my planned weather. :Cool:

Those pitiful temperatures aren't going to test your new winterisation measures Paul!

Surely you could have organised the meteorology better than that!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Those pitiful temperatures aren't going to test your new winterisation measures Paul!

Surely you could have organised the meteorology better than that!::bigsmile:

I have John.

For week two Ive organised -31 to fully test :winky:

Then Im writting my new book.

"
Life in a big white fridge",,
, "How to survive winter in a swift"​

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Not a chance of getting 5 vans on there, look at the web cam, dead useful. Twice we have had a peak on the way back from VT only to see a van or two queing to get in.

You need to learn Rik. when I organise things I organise things. Like for example, I have organised the weather.
Plenty of snow today and now look...

cheering up nicely for our arrival.. No need for snow chains, despite the fact I can put them on in under 2 minutes :winky: as I have been practising all morning being as they are new ones. New tyres fitted and tested and just back from the weighbridge. Weighing in at 4t 20kg with full water, food, diesel, 4 sets of skis, 5 sets of boots, (i like spare ones) sledge, countless amounts of junk food, clothing and laptop computers. Only thing I haven't put in is err people, so Ive got 230kg spare, I weigh 75, George 65 Harley 55 kg so I hope Nikki has been dieting and a good job Tara aint coming.

anyhow, can't believe that this is Motorhome ski trip number 10 in 8 years and probably the last as a family now the oldun's knocking 17.... So we are going to make the most of it and have a nice snowmobile ride tour....

Travel safe people and here's your picture of my planned weather. :Cool:

Good one Paul, like I said to all going have a good and save trip
-30c at 2300m well
Polished and wax ski instead .:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread