Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I have a complete German Kathrien Sat system which works perfectly. I want to watch British TV in Spain. I am thinking of getting a Sky digibox. Question is, will I be able to pick up a signal with the Kathrien Sat Dish, or do I have to also change the Dish??

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have a complete German Kathrien Sat system which works perfectly. I want to watch British TV in Spain. I am thinking of getting a Sky digibox. Question is, will I be able to pick up a signal with the Kathrien Sat Dish, or do I have to also change the Dish??

Saw many of these on vans during our trip to Sain this winter so I guess they do work, although I don't know what box they would be using.

I suppose they might just put them up for show :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp

Hi Beachbum you don't say either the size of your dish or where in Spain you wish to view British TV from!!!

I was able to use my 65cm maxiview dish as far as Pamplona then around Barcelona I could only get a few stations but obviously with a bigger dish and a good decoder you should be able to recieve some stations further South!

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Hi Beachbum you don't say either the size of your dish or where in Spain you wish to view British TV from!!!

I was able to use my 65cm maxiview dish as far as Pamplona then around Barcelona I could only get a few stations but obviously with a bigger dish and a good decoder you should be able to recieve some stations further South!

Regards Pat

Thanks Ruff, for the Info; I had the feeling I could use the same dish, and agree with you regards getting programmes as far south In Spain. Will be doing it anyway but will have a load of DVD's handy

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: We have had the Analogue Triangular Kathrien dish for over 7 years. Although it is an Analogue version. It CAN be used for digita; (Universal LNB). I have an Analogue/Digital Receiver which I use to get the Satellite I require. I then plug it into the SKY box (card now out of date). I used to be able to get ALL the UK channels to just south of Barcelona. After that it was mainly the SKY provided channels.
The Kathrien system is now in the basement locker. We have Cable TV with all the UK channels on camp. :winky:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron & Marj

I use my Sky Box with a standard wire mesh arialdown in Southern Spain. I find I get Sky news CNN, BBC24 and about 30 other channels with no problems. The only thing is that I change from 11.778 to 12.051 which always give good pics.
PS no chance of BBC1-2 ITV your out of range unless you bother to carry a 4ft diam ariel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back