Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi all

We're currently intending to head off to Spain through France in a few weeks time which will be our first time in our 2002 Hymer B544. We have Mayday breakdown cover through the caravan club in the UK and I have used their Red Pennant cover before when we had a tourer.

What are the best deals around for a reliable breakdown service? Not had a lot of luck looking about; although ADAC in Germany were recommended to me but they took a week replying to my email and it's all in German!

Any help/advice gratefully appreciated, Dave

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Safeguard include European breakdown cover with their insurance cover. It might be beneficial to talk to them if your renewal is imminent. Their website is here.

Also -

:party2::welcome::party2:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi all

We're currently intending to head off to Spain through France in a few weeks time which will be our first time in our 2002 Hymer B544. We have Mayday breakdown cover through the caravan club in the UK and I have used their Red Pennant cover before when we had a tourer.

What are the best deals around for a reliable breakdown service? Not had a lot of luck looking about; although ADAC in Germany were recommended to me but they took a week replying to my email and it's all in German!

Hi Dave, Just ring Barbara Laurens on 0049 941 55673 (ADAC).
She speaks excellent English, is a good laugh, and your membership will be up and running in minutes. She will give you your membership numbers which you can use pending arrival of the paperwork and membership cards, Takes about a week to arrive PartnerPlus is the one to go for. YOU are covered in any vehicle up to 7500kgs, no age (of vehicle) restrictions. Vehicle does not have to be yours either. You'll be covered anywhere in Europe and most of North Africa for breakdowns and anywhere in the world for personal accident/illness etc.
You can use your debit card over the phone, no problems. She'll just need your dates of birth and address
Best of luck and you may like to join up as a full subscribed member £10 and away you go, as so much information here on the site that you will ever need.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi all

We just insured our swift Bolero with 'Comfort' which includes RAC full European/ UK breakdown cover for under £300, Comfort came out tops with 'What Motorhome Mag' 2011, 2012 :roflmto:

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thankyou

Hi Dave, Just ring Barbara Laurens on 0049 941 55673 (ADAC).
She speaks excellent English, is a good laugh, and your membership will be up and running in minutes. She will give you your membership numbers which you can use pending arrival of the paperwork and membership cards, Takes about a week to arrive PartnerPlus is the one to go for. YOU are covered in any vehicle up to 7500kgs, no age (of vehicle) restrictions. Vehicle does not have to be yours either. You'll be covered anywhere in Europe and most of North Africa for breakdowns and anywhere in the world for personal accident/illness etc.
You can use your debit card over the phone, no problems. She'll just need your dates of birth and address
Best of luck and you may like to join up as a full subscribed member £10 and away you go, as so much information here on the site that you will ever need.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Thanks Gary, I'm just going to see if Saga my current insurer can offer anything, if not I'll follow your advice , many thanks

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
One could search far and wide to find better cover than Adac, especially for the price - 79 euros ...

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Europe breakdown cover

Thanks for the info. I have just got off the phone to my current insurers Saga, you know the one for old folks! European breakdown cover is an 'ad on' and as my current policy expires in mid May, it came in at only £18.28. The full year would be £93.25 which is pretty good. That's full cover with recovery to UK etc. What was interesting is that in the UK it would be the AA that came out to me, in Germany and other parts of Europe it's ADAC !

monk

Free Member
Aug 15, 2011
Fairburn North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi all

Have you tried European-Breakdown-Cover com green flag look good

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Thanks for the info. I have just got off the phone to my current insurers Saga, you know the one for old folks! European breakdown cover is an 'ad on' and as my current policy expires in mid May, it came in at only £18.28. The full year would be £93.25 which is pretty good. That's full cover with recovery to UK etc. What was interesting is that in the UK it would be the AA that came out to me, in Germany and other parts of Europe it's ADAC !

That is why the AA and Saga are owned by the same company,,, and ADAC works on Behalf of the AA and Saga in Germany and AA turns out for ADAC and Saga in UK Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
breakdown cover

That is why the AA and Saga are owned by the same company,,, and ADAC works on Behalf of the AA and Saga in Germany and AA turns out for ADAC and Saga in UK Regards Garry Flatpackchicken
How do you get to ADAC site for breakdown cover enquiries please

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Gary many thanks for reply went to website but could not find a translate page. Any help please

Hi Mate, I use google translation service on internet Explorer page, ok or see the other post on Motorhome euro[ean recovery still live or this Broken Link Removed Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back