Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know we don't need an excuse to meet in a field and have a giggle, but I'm thinking about putting a few "themed" meets together.

Thinking about things like..

A Fulltimer Meet, where we might get a couple of experienced full timers, to chat to potential ones.

Security Meet, a weekend with a full afternoon learning about how to stay safe on their travels

Photography/Photoshop
meet to teach a little about processing photos to upload to the web.

If you might be interested in meets like this (can you think of others). shout up so i can get a feel for numbers and take it further:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:How's about Rugby Union meets so's the guys in your avitar get to know us all better...:Blush::Cool:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I would be up for something like this Jim - especially the photography one, as I am keen to learn more about it and improve on my rubbish!

I too wouldn't mind getting to know the rugby boys, even if I do get accused of cradle snatching!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Seminar's

We would be interested :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Theme Meet

:thumb: Hi Jim
sounds good to us what about a cooking meet ie swapping recipes etc :thumb:

all the best

Dave & polly

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We would be interested in a photography meet Jim. Another worthy subject could be First Aid.

Brisey.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Just thinking on this - any chance of a newbies 'how to look after your motorhome' and what does what on it? I'm sure there must be others who are as unknowledgable as I feel!:winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Interesting, I thought about holding a multi themed meet lat in the year,,,

A sort of workshop meet whereby we would have something like 5 or 6 people holding workshops from sewing to music...

I wanted a hand with my camera for example and I know there are many good photographers I could of learnt from and in turn I would offer something like a talk on understanding dementia/beating depression workshop

Then there would be a music workshop,

Engineers workshop,

How too look after your van talk from one of our resident motor home engineers and a talk on morocco from someone like Dave snowbird.

I have all the plans but you have taken the cat out the bag ::bigsmile:

Either that or great minds think alike :winky:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I know we don't need an excuse to meet in a field and have a giggle, but I'm thinking about putting a few "themed" meets together.

Thinking about things like..

A Fulltimer Meet, where we might get a couple of experienced full timers, to chat to potential ones.

Security Meet, a weekend with a full afternoon learning about how to stay safe on their travels

Photography/Photoshop
meet to teach a little about processing photos to upload to the web.

If you might be interested in meets like this (can you think of others). shout up so i can get a feel for numbers and take it further:thumb:

Photography/Photoshop meet to teach a little about processing photos to upload to the web. Hell I need that--Yes please:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Must be great minds Hagnap! ::bigsmile:

Whichever way it goes, or which method you choose, it sounds good to me! Keeping the old grey cells alive and working has got to be good!:roflmto:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am happy to help out on the fulltiming one. I couldn't lead it or do a seminar or anything. I am not the teaching type..

Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
ive just been to a speed awareness course i was doing 44mph on m5 in october at 11.30 pm and was caught for speeding as due to weather conditions it was restricted to 40 ,honestly didnt take much notice of the changed signs always thought flashing signs were recommended speeds ,but to my dismay there not .so cut a long story short .what about a highway code seminar just to refresh peoples minds

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Maybe we could have one for newbies who want to travel abroad, using aires/stellaplatz/sites.
i am sure we have some funsters who have lots of experience of travelling abroad:france:::bigsmile:riving2:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
A first aid meet would be really useful to many and something on self building a motorhome (which looks like the way we will go). Most promise to be interesting with the exception, perhaps, of horse meats :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
HOW ABOUT ONE CALLED "GAS ATTACKS WHEN TRAVELING ABROAD" SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM SHOULD BE ABLE TO TALK ON THIS SUBJECT AS THERE HAVE BEEN MORE POSTS ABOUT IT THAN ANY OTHER SUBJECT OR HOW ABOUT "THE BENIFITS OF EATING FRAY BENTOS PIES"???????????????

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"THE BENIFITS OF EATING FRAY BENTOS PIES"???????????????

We have had an "athletic" meet where the main event was Fray Bentos pie rolling. Guy called artona won it:Smile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Never had any experience of gassing whilst abroad Bill, hope we never will, but have had a fray bentos pie!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds like a great idea I'd be interested in a meet on how to put pics on MHF the right way up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Picture orientation

Sounds like a great idea I'd be interested in a meet on how to put pics on MHF the right way up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gerry

You could run that course after all the hard work you put in ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Mike

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Yes we would be interested if we can be accomodated and depending where and when ofcourse.

Think the photography one would be good.

Regards Brian and Chris

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
ive just been to a speed awareness course i was doing 44mph on m5 in october at 11.30 pm and was caught for speeding as due to weather conditions it was restricted to 40 ,honestly didnt take much notice of the changed signs always thought flashing signs were recommended speeds ,but to my dismay there not .so cut a long story short .what about a highway code seminar just to refresh peoples minds

Always interested to learn, could we have a meet near a weighbridge and frighten ourselves about payloads :Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Always interested to learn, could we have a meet near a weighbridge and frighten ourselves about payloads :Smile:

All joking aside, that might not be a bad idea .....

We have always tried to balance stuff, eg storing chairs on the overcab bed whilst we are on the move - but it's hard to balance bigger stuff about when the lockers and obv a garage if you have one, are all near the rear axle and so is the grey tank for instance.

At least the fresh water tank, gas locker and loo cassette are nearer the front axle in our current van but who knows in other configs? We have never actually weighed ours.

We do obv try to bear all this in mind and be careful about loading and 'stuff like that' and don't believe we really ought to be overweight, it would be interesting/comforting to me to actually know that for a fact (even though oh dear what do we do about it then - if does turn out to be too heavy somewhere) but Pete thinks I'm just being over cautious.

(I can weather the 'I told you so!' that will inevitably come, and probably be repeated thereafter if we aren't over - cos I'm quite used to doing that by now!)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp

At the bring and buy in previous years, Andyman has brought his portable weighing scales and offered to weigh peoples vans. He is down for the B&B this year, if he has them still Im sure he would do the same. Drop him a PM.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thinking about it Jim.
Why not set it up for Stratford this year? Its a week long, there is always a good turn out and let's be honest the Shows a bit cack?
Things could be scheduled in over the week or perhaps Thursday to Sunday? just a thought.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back