LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
good morning fellow funsters i need advice please i have been on hookup now for some weeks yet yesterday i went wild camping for 1 night my fridge was on gas and i used my light for no mpore than 30mins no tv nothing else but this morning i put my internal heating on which is gas but also blown air this was on for maybe a hour or more then my leisure battery died i am now running the engine and it seems tro be charging ok does anyone reckon the blown air from the heater could be pullin to much power por is there a more serious problem

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
good morning fellow funsters i need advice please i have been on hookup now for some weeks yet yesterday i went wild camping for 1 night my fridge was on gas and i used my light for no mpore than 30mins no tv nothing else but this morning i put my internal heating on which is gas but also blown air this was on for maybe a hour or more then my leisure battery died i am now running the engine and it seems tro be charging ok does anyone reckon the blown air from the heater could be pullin to much power por is there a more serious problem

Sorry to hear about your battery Bill....!/ is your solar panel working, 2/ how old is your battery, 3? how many batteries do you have and what Ah are they, 4? check al Battery connections for tightness.....
And on another note did you get gas from that place I sent you to....

AND Morning Bill is very quite here now you have gone like the local cemetary....come back soon.

Mel......BBQ very GOOOOOOOD

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Before checking that lot check the battery:thumb: sounds like it's knackered:Sad:
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The battery is either not being charged properly so you didn't arrive with a fully charged battery or the battery is shot.

Eddie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Our blown air eats both gas and batteries but not an hour .. A 6k bottle and batteries will last about 4 or 5 nights, maybe 4 hours a night ( and to be fair I think Mo is cold blooded as she is always cold .. so we have the thermostat up fairly high .. about 23C in the van !! )

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
yes mel gaz worked a treat
i dont have any solar panels
my battery is just over a year old
i have 1 battery only
i have now drove around 20miles and its saying full again ?
i'm in lagos gonna see if i can find a small solar just for the leisure or its back to hookup still np
glad the barbi was good pity i missed it but then i got a spectacular sunrise inside
so off now to find a Chinese shop that i aint spent any cash in lmfao
may cya at pedro's on the way back save me pitch for me and i hope chris aint been struck with a bolt 1st thing in the morning yet lol
and dont forget dine at chez salopian jesus what a frigging cook if i was gay i would marry the bastard instead i may look him in a cupboard and take him out to cook no wonder pete is over 30 stone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
i have 1 battery only
:

:winky:you owning the battery a year doesn't make it a year old

If the battery went flat as you said in your first post, the it either wasn't charged or its shot.

If your system is saying that it is fully charged again after a 20 mile drive ( which it won't be) then that backs up the "It wasn't charged when you got there, which is why it didn't last as long as you expected" theory

Eddie

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Check your guarantee bill ,and take it back to the supplier ,:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
yes mel gaz worked a treat
i dont have any solar panels
i have 1 battery only
i'm in lagos gonna see if i can find a small solar just for the leisure or its back to hookup still np
glad the barbi was good pity i missed it but then i got a spectacular sunrise inside
so off now to find a Chinese shop that i aint spent any cash in lmfao
may cya at pedro's on the way back save me pitch for me and i hope chris aint been struck with a bolt 1st thing in the morning yet lol
and dont forget dine at chez salopian jesus what a frigging cook if i was gay i would marry the bastard instead i may look him in a cupboard and take him out to cook no wonder pete is over 30 stone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bill call at the *rigging China chop chop shop and buy battery checker just to see what condition your leisure battery is in....it's only Pizza at chez Pitza salopian so don't worry to much:winky::winky:

also without a solar panel to help with topping up your battery and with all the lights you leave on....your heating, charging the Helicopter up....your phone,your laptop.....the 12v won't last long:Doh: you need a fri**ing 6kw genny

Last edited:
OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol i spoke to steve and maybe the fact the tv was also on standby all day and night didnt help still at lagos for now great free wifi and charging both me batt and me lappy lol

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Aw shucks Bill !!!

Bill call at the *rigging China chop chop shop and buy battery checker just to see what condition your leisure battery is in[HI]....it's only Pizza at chez Pitza salopian so don't worry to much:winky::winky:[/HI]also without a solar panel to help with topping up your battery and with all the lights you leave on....your heating, charging the Helicopter up....your phone,your laptop.....the 12v won't last long:Doh: you need a fri**ing 6kw genny

What is it about Durum flour, eggs and water that you don't understand Mel ?????
And the Tomato paste, cheese, olives, anchovies etc. that decorate the top !!

Check out the portable Pizza oven on the trailer !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
And the
What is it about Durum flour, eggs and water that you don't understand Mel ?????
And the Tomato paste, cheese, olives, anchovies etc. that decorate the top !!

Check out the portable Pizza oven on the trailer !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yuk steve what a load of old crap.....you know where to put the anchovies and Olives:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....

When I make a pizza ...I make my own base as well.... not that plastic thingy YUK you fetched out of Pete's van..a bread based board wrapped in PVC... the pizza oven won't improove that......:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Its never seen Durhum wheat flour that you are talking about with flour,eggs and water :winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
steve is the only person i know who can make a pizza thats unlike any other and for that vote u better save me a slice lol

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
steve is the only person i know who can make a pizza thats unlike any other and for that vote u better save me a slice lol

Bill he has had you under his spell .....it's all shop bought.."Check out the portable Pizza oven on the trailer !!" ..I have just been to look at the all singing all dancing pizza oven:Doh:...he say's he ain't got one:Doh:...it's been a *erkin bluff...its Pete's motorhome oven:Eeek:

BUT I have been told it is fully loaded with loads of good stuff. and now stands 2" thick..Mmmmm....that sounds better

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Batteries

[SIZE="4"If you're in Spain I bought 2 new 125 amp leisure batteries from Batteria Megastore in Barcelona and free delivery here to Benidorm. I ordered in the holidays and they were delivered the first working day after, they cost about £100 each
Alan[/SIZE]

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
had mh on the move for around 2hrs then also chrarging from a genny used nothing over night apart from my hotwater which is on gas put lights on this morning and only the lights all dark after around 10mins battery is showing green which states a full charge this is the green light on the battery not the control panel which is showing red for dead any advice
with engine running all is ok

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Sounds like a dead battery to me.Im no expert but one of my supposedly new batteries was showing green through the viewing window but turned out to be a dodgy one.When i put on charge the panel would show fully charged but discharged in no time at all.Hope you get it sorted.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bill,As I said in my first post get the battery checked---now more convinced it's knackered
terry

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
any advice
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

:cry::cry::cry:Yes your battery is Still shot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If everything works with the engine running, that establishes everything is OK connection and fuse wise, the same as everything OK on genny.

Turn off genny and engine all goes dark? No power? empty battery! so battery shot irrespective of you owning it for year.

Either that or something causing the battery not to be able to accept a charge which is unlikely given that all seems OK when external power (engine or genny) is available.

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back