pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi,

does anyone use the maxview sat reciever ?

are they any good, lot of rubbish ect.

above all, are they user friendly, editable channel lists ect.

cheers
john.

S

stagman

Deleted User
TRY Maplin ,same unit there reduced to £39 different badge thats all ,and it is easy to use,and its got its built in signal strength meter for setting up your dish,no need for sat finder.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Yes its the same,like a lot of things nowadays you pay for the badge,but usually it all comes out of the same factory in China,just with a different sticker on it,£50 for a sticker is a lot in my book,

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Maplins never been cheep. Bought an Omnisat Crank up dish at the Newark Show for £345. Maplin selling for £399.:Eeek:

now that was a piece of cake. Fitted in the morning and sat watching sky movies with a cup of coffee in the after noon.:ROFLMAO:

Don

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Maplins never been cheep. Bought an Omnisat Crank up dish at the Newark Show for £345. Maplin selling for £399.:Eeek:

now that was a piece of cake. Fitted in the morning and sat watching sky movies with a cup of coffee in the after noon.:ROFLMAO:

Don
now you've p***ed me off. :Angry:

i bought one at newark also but for £380. who did you buy from.

i got mine from LCS (think thats right) only found one other, near MHF camp but i couldnt get her to give me a price for dish only (£600+ for dish, reciever and fitting) so went to LCS.

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes its the same,like a lot of things nowadays you pay for the badge,but usually it all comes out of the same factory in China,just with a different sticker on it,£50 for a sticker is a lot in my book,

i had another look at maplins and the only 12v one i could find is completely different to the latest maxview which has a remote infra-red sensor so the box can sit in a cupboard out the way and still change channels ect.

john.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
now you've p***ed me off. :Angry:

i bought one at newark also but for £380. who did you buy from.

i got mine from LCS (think thats right) only found one other, near MHF camp but i couldnt get her to give me a price for dish only (£600+ for dish, reciever and fitting) so went to LCS.

john

Same company LCS on the corner opposit the indoors exibit.Just checked the receipt and yes £345:Eeek:. Maxview 66 crank up.
Dont know why the difference.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
The only problem that I have is, do I use my Sky box from home via an Inverta or a 12 volt Freesat (£39) and just get the free channels.
As I already pay the sky contract I object to losing out but 12 volt Sky Digiboxes are dammed expensive, or at least the ones I have seen are.

Don

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Don,

whats the freesat box like?

easy to use, favorite lists ect.

dont like going thru all the channels to find a particular channel and i cant remember all the channel numbers i want.

john.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi John
Cant say that I have seen one as I said I have the Sky Digibox. The problem as I understand with Freesat is that you dont get all the Free to Air chanels Most are religious, shopping and radio chanels. you do have all BBC and all ITV but not Chan 4 or 5.If you get a Freesat with the card slot you apply for the free to air card from sky, for a one off payment and that gives most of the encrypted chanels.
Me, I think that I might wait as BBC are starting up a satellite channel.dont know any other details.

As my father always said, You pays your money and takes yourchance.

Good luck

Don

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No

Don

Maplins have now got the Maxview Crank-up at £349.99

CODE: A39FK (Price valid until 29th April)

Unbadged Maxview Satellite receiver is £39.99

CODE: A94FJ

Bessie560

Free Member
Sep 28, 2007
Funster No
Echolink?

Have you thought of an echolink 700 or 3020? (do a search on ebay) 45 quid
Point it at Astra 1 and you get Prem footy and Lots of films
also good on Hotbird
Barry

S

stagman

Deleted User
Maplins have now got the Maxview Crank-up at £349.99

CODE: A39FK (Price valid until 29th April)

Unbadged Maxview Satellite receiver is £39.99

CODE: A94FJ

Yes got that package works great,astra 1,2,Hotbird and more if you want loads TV and Radio channels,easy to use ,and know it works down to the Dordougne in France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back