Ski France (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
taking Van to France Flaine area half term , Grandson looking forward to ski trip, anyone know if any Aires/campsite are around this area, have looked at usual Google search sites but you never know if any Funster has found a little corner.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
taking Van to France Flaine area half term , Grandson looking forward to ski trip, anyone know if any Aires/campsite are around this area, have looked at usual Google search sites but you never know if any Funster has found a little corner.

campsite in Someon, 100m from cable car part of the Flaine domine, very nice site for winter skiing stay, good facilities, village 20mins walk away got everything. need to book for half term , if you need to meet friends at Flaine proper in the morning , need to be intermediate standard as involving a few rides after cable car.

http://www.campingsavoie.com/Siteanglais/Haute_Savoie/clients/giffre/f1.html

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now

hi we are in Samoens now on the campsite which has good facilities there is also a small parking area adjacent where some motorhomes are parked others park up next to the ice rink, as 1948 said its 100m to the ski lift and from there you can ski the whole of the" grand massif" including Flaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
hi we are in Samoens now on the campsite which has good facilities there is also a small parking area adjacent where some motorhomes are parked others park up next to the ice rink, as 1948 said its 100m to the ski lift and from there you can ski the whole of the" grand massif" including Flaine

hi
is the french reg Hymer 544 still parked up in the campsite, occupied by an retired english civial servant.??

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
hi
is the french reg Hymer 544 still parked up in the campsite, occupied by an retired english civial servant.??

there is a french hymer 544 its virtually opposite me and near the top just down from entrance but dont know who is in it, do you know him :Smile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
there is a french hymer 544 its virtually opposite me and near the top just down from entrance but dont know who is in it, do you know him :Smile:

think that is the one, we met at beginning of season he decided to stay for the whole season, and i was moving around from resort to resort , got his e-mail address but must have written it down incorrectly as when trying to contact him mail undelivered, Tim is his name, if you see him can u tell him that ric been trying to get in touch to get the details of advertising site he bought his hymer from Many thanks

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
think that is the one, we met at beginning of season he decided to stay for the whole season, and i was moving around from resort to resort , got his e-mail address but must have written it down incorrectly as when trying to contact him mail undelivered, Tim is his name, if you see him can u tell him that ric been trying to get in touch to get the details of advertising site he bought his hymer from Many thanks

no problem will check it out for you - no lights on at the moment

Nov 21, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
iam a newbie
Hi 1948 , how did your trip go , how long did you stay .
were heading out half term to le grand bornand..... can't wait

regards Paul

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi 1948 , how did your trip go , how long did you stay .
were heading out half term to le grand bornand..... can't wait

regards Paul

hi paul
trips went very well , back last week, only 2 coldish nights in la plagne aire. -24 and -26, had heating on max but could not get van warmer than 13/14 13kg propane only lasted 3 1/2 days. Local friend bought up new bottles to keep me warm. Had amasing ski this time lots of deep snow. Les minuaree aire was very good place to stay too Wonderful aqua center, where you can really pamper yourself after a days out in the mountain. Missing the view and the crisp fresh air already stuck in south london.
Very envious of you now Have a good trip
I was out early Dec starting in the Vosge mountain area nad ended in Soemoen just brfore X'mas Then went out after new year meeting funsters at Val thoren than La plagne till last week

Last edited:

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now

pm sent let me know youve got it

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
3 more night shifts then, ,,, it's time to go,,,, can't wait

Join us or log in to post a reply.