Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
Caravan 20 years - Motorhome 8 years
Hi all, I am new here and stumbled across the site while looking for inspiration for somewhere to go at Easter. I'm Mark, my wife is Lisa and our little boy is Seth. We drive a Wildax Solaris which we brought last year. This is our first Van conversion as we previously owned a coachbuilt. For us the downsize in van has opened up a world of opportunity and we love getting out to Europe in the van. Last year we started with new year in Picardy. At Easter toured brittany mainly staying in aires. Later in the summer we found ourselves crossing the channel again heading down to the Costa Brava and travelling back home via a trip to the alps. After heading home for a few weeks and the inconvenience of having to work we returned back to France and headed to haute provence. We finished off 2012 and started 2013 by heading out the alps and a great ski trip at le grand bornand. If you want to see some of the aires and sites we have stayed at please feel free to have a look at our google map at http://goo.gl/maps/ptZ8e .

If all the above is too much information please forgive me. I wasn't really sure what to say here.

If you have any suggestions for Easter let me know. At the moment I am thinking Brugge, Ghent, De Hann, Oostende

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
welcome to the forum

Its probably the best £10 you will ever spend - there are a helpful and friendly bunch. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
At the moment I am thinking Brugge, Ghent, De Hann, Oostende??

No I'd be heading south.

OP
OP
D

drivingontheroadto

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
I was considering south but if I go down to Spain it's 4 out of 10 days spent belting it down down the motorway.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I was considering south but if I go down to Spain it's 4 out of 10 days spent belting it down down the motorway.
No, South instead of North, not Spain, Just South of Belgium.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

drivingontheroadto

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
LOL. I can understand the need to get out of Belgium. Lisa, is not keen on my idea because its Belgium. BUT we have done Picardy to death. I'm sure my van knows its way to every aire in Picardy (maybe not)... My other thoughts a late ski and back down to the alps. Decisions, decisions

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun, you will need to subscribe here Link Removed to carry on posting but its the best tenner you wil ever spend.

I live in Finchhampstead, where are you in Wokingham?

Peter

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun sounds as if you are using your van to its full potential, you can see from my signature line where we are going for Easter,:welcomefunster:

OP
OP
D

drivingontheroadto

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun sounds as if you are using your van to its full potential, you can see from my signature line where we are going for Easter,:welcomefunster:

Hi Carol, the Chester meet looks great. it's a bit of a shame I've booked my tunnel already otherwise I would have considered a trip up north

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
LOL. I can understand the need to get out of Belgium. Lisa, is not keen on my idea because its Belgium. BUT we have done Picardy to death. I'm sure my van knows its way to every aire in Picardy (maybe not)... My other thoughts a late ski and back down to the alps. Decisions, decisions

I'd head for Val Joly (Eppe Sauvage) and take it from there.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome Mark & Lisa

from a fellow WildAxer. Motorhome Fun is terrific value. Don't forget you can join the WildAx Owners' Group too - details on the WildAx web page. We are having a small meet in Oxfordshire in April but you will probably be away. However, do make conact we are a small but very nice group!

Catherine

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Mark

I have sent you a message with the details. I'll be taking my WildAx to Newark Motorhome Show, with the Funster gang - will be also worth a trip 22-24 March if you're not doing anything.

C

OP
OP
D

drivingontheroadto

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp