sunnyside (1 Viewer)

S

sunnyside

Deleted User
:Smile: I spent a little time with a friend who has a motorhome, so have some idear:RollEyes: i'm looking to buy one in the future hopefully, could someone please tell me if it safe for lady on their own. I'm retired lady, who is fed up with been at home ::bigsmile: love the outdoors..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and Welcome, i am sure you will get some good advice shortly. I guess it depends where and when you want to stay.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

We have a few female solo Motorhomes on this site already maybe if you started a thread and called it something along the line as lone female you would be sure to catch their attention.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Good on yer mate! bloody go fer it!:thumb:

Oh ! and:welcomefunster::party2:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Go and enjoy yourself Gal. I am sure it is a darn sight more safe than sat alone in a house frightened to go out. Love life.

Craig

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
could someone please tell me if it safe for lady on their own. I'm retired lady, who is fed up with been at home ::bigsmile: love the outdoors..

There are a few on here already.

There is a Motorhome Security Manual on here that will give you some good tips on how to survive.

Better to take a small risk than die of boredom.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would think that onsite camping is as safe as sitting at home wilding could be a littlemore risky but if you use your common sense you would be fine

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
:Smile: I spent a little time with a friend who has a motorhome, so have some idear:RollEyes: i'm looking to buy one in the future hopefully, could someone please tell me if it safe for lady on their own. I'm retired lady, who is fed up with been at home ::bigsmile: love the outdoors..
Welcome This is a great site for a solo traveller. Great locations for rallies and no need to ever be lonely or bored. Do it now is my advice and if you want some company get a dog!!! Easy to please easy to feed and always a warm welcome when you return to your van even if you are drunk and stink of garlic:ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I would say go for it. I got so fed up of my other half working all the hours and of seeing the van sitting on the drive going to waste, I took myself off for a few long weekends. I have to admit that was in our first van which was a transit conversion. I was very confident driving it, but I have not taken the latest van out yet, it's a left hand drive Hymer. I will do though, just need to get a few practice drives in.
I stayed on club sites - Bakewell, Hayfield and Thetford. Always got a great welcome and pitched where there were other vans or as near to the wardens units as I could, never felt unsafe.
I also downloaded a great mapping tool on my smart phone - View Ranger which helps me find my way when walking in the hills. Oh and of course another essential bit of camping equipment, a dog for company, amusement, great conversation starter, embarrassment, hairy floors, smelly rugs...

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
:flyingwelcome: I am a newbie and as yet don't have a motorhome but have been made welcome on the forum. Hope to get one soon.
I have the badges to put in my windscreen when I go to a meet or rally to identify me as a Funster. A great way to meet like minded people and according to some of the posts you are sure of a welcome and inclusion in the group. Going to rallies or meets would be a great way to start, I am sure you would enjoy lots of company when you want it and have the reassurance of being with a group of motorhomers all pitched up together.:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Hi there - there are several of us solo travelling ladies on Fun. My partner works at weekends so I often travel alone, and as others have said, as long as you are sensible, it's fine. If you've got your van in the near future you can join Funsters at one of the shows, which is a good introduction. Shrewsbury Show is 5-7 July. Yes, get a dog if you want one, but you don't really need one.

And welcome to the Fun!

Catherine

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A Warm welcome from us up here, you go and enjoy and meet great company and new friends on your travels, just what the doc ordered , one thing to remember, you only get out of life,what you put in,so go and enjoy,o and get a dog great companions and always a great way to meet folk:thumb:

OP
OP
S

sunnyside

Deleted User

Thank you so much , for great advice :Smile: and a lovely welcome. Jeannie

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are not lone travellers but we have just gone all the way through France, staying mainly on aires, down through Spain with a mixture of sites and aires and we are now doing a mixture of both in Portugal.

Regardless of what you may read regarding thefts and gassings just ignore it. Not a single time have we felt threatened in the slightest.

We have met some lovely people of all nationalities and been to some beautiful places

Two things mentioned in previious posts are very apt:
The first is any campsite is safer than sitting in your own house wondering what might have been and secondly a dog makes for real good company.

Even if you stay in Blighty I am certain you will be made more than welcome at any of the rallies of which there are many and often attended by singles of both sexes.

Do it as it is sooooo much better than sitting back and later wishing you had

All the very best Lynda and Alan

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, quite a lot of solo travellers on here, in fact one of the lady motorhomers is travelling in Morocco now with a group of other funsters, have a look at the thread so much you can find out reading the forum.
I would say go for it enjoy, and ask as many questions as you want to. :welcomefunster:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

.... and I'm an old lady who sometimes just gets fed up full stop. Come along to the meets and get to know some of us.... I am really hoping for more single, females .... feel like a fish out of water sometimes. Even if you havn't got a van yet, come along for the day if there is one near you, introduce yourself and have a cuppa....:thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Hi sunnyside and welcome to the Fun. :welcome:

I've been living and travelling in my van for almost 2 years now - no problems. :Smile:

I do have a dog but more for company than security. Have parked up on large sites, small sites, temporary holiday sites, rallies, farmyards plus a bit of wild camping. But then, as JJ would say, I'm a 'rufty tufty' fulltimer. ::bigsmile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
.... and I'm an old lady who sometimes just gets fed up full stop. Come along to the meets and get to know some of us.... I am really hoping for more single, females .... feel like a fish out of water sometimes. Even if you havn't got a van yet, come along for the day if there is one near you, introduce yourself and have a cuppa....:thumb:

Old Lady be dammed you are not even a wrinkly yet and there is a crinkly stage to go through yet as you are only classed as old when you attain the crumbly stage

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Time to confess Jeannie....

I am the friend with the motor home:RollEyes:, currently touring Portugal and Spain ! Jeannie and her dog Pebbles are a great asset to the van (she even likes my cooking !:thumb:) and you will all be meeting her at various meets in the UK starting with Shrewsbury and Malvern !
However, before that we are planning a month in Scotland wildcamping and a trip to France is on the cards for September !
I didn't realise she had signed up as a funster as I have just returned from a weeks wildcamping at Sagres with no wifi connection ! :Blush:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Well, well, well !

[HI][/HI]

Joy, you met Jeannie at the Shrewsbury Show last year:Doh: ! Sorry about the hoping for more single females, But she is spoken for and my single days are now over...Official..:Blush::Blush::Blush:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Old Lady be dammed you are not even a wrinkly yet and there is a crinkly stage to go through yet as you are only classed as old when you attain the crumbly stage

Oh, err, sheet! Landslide. You know how to really cheer me up.

Recently had a bone scan and guess what stage I'm almost at?

Jeannie - Welcome from me and im (Trophychap) too !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back