Monday's scammer --format changed (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all they are back ::bigsmile: this one must have cloned an account he has feedback :Eeek:
Link Removed
Terry

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I am disgusted with you Terry for always pointing out these supposedly scamers, I have contacted the guy, he was very nice to talk to but his nigerian accent was quite hard to understand, as I think he said he was a prince and he could double my money if I sent him some as his bank account was temp out of action.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Must have got fed up and gone to scam some other poor fools :Smile: none posted since 12.30 pm ::bigsmile: Wonder if they are reading Fun ::bigsmile:
Terry

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Pay Attention

Must have got fed up and gone to scam some other poor fools :Smile: none posted since 12.30 pm ::bigsmile: Wonder if they are reading Fun ::bigsmile:
Terry

Get yer mitts off of MY HYMER.

The owner of the Ebay account lives in Merseyside and the van is for sale in Fort William, will let even the dumbest funster work it out.
Terry spotted it last week and I chased it up, funnily enough have not heard from the guy who owns the account as I emailed him through Ebay.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all they are back ::bigsmile: this one must have cloned an account he has feedback :Eeek:
Link Removed
Terry

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
iconPos_16x16.gif
Item as described and delivered very quickly. Highly recommended sellerMember ID katzev12 ( Feedback score of 324
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
15-Jan-13 09:54 Magic Flannel Wenlock Design (#130825395963)£1.20View Item Magic Flannel Wenlock Design
iconPos_16x16.gif
Very happy thank you ******Member ID malpass.58 ( Feedback score of 389
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
14-Jan-13 15:37 Keep Calm And Go For Gold Salt And Pepper Set (#130827592246)£1.89View Item Keep Calm And Go For Gold Salt And Pepper Set
iconPos_16x16.gif
Many thanksMember ID magpieshaun ( Feedback score of 1656
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
10-Jan-13 16:19 Great 8 Colored Olympic Mascot souvenir Ball Pen (#130826360005)£1.20View Item Great 8 Colored Olympic Mascot souvenir Ball Pen
iconPos_16x16.gif
thanksMember ID dwlee19 ( Feedback score of 203
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
09-Jan-13 14:39 Torremolinos Fridge Magnet Great Collectable for All (#130826356864)£2.75Link Removed

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Get yer mitts off of MY HYMER.

The owner of the Ebay account lives in Merseyside and the van is for sale in Fort William, will let even the dumbest funster work it out.
Terry spotted it last week and I chased it up, funnily enough have not heard from the guy who owns the account as I emailed him through Ebay.

I HAVE ALERTED FUNSTERS TO THIS AT LEAST 4 (sorry caps:winky:) times over the last couple of weeks ::bigsmile: you could have got it last week for under 8k :Smile: You missed a bargain :winky:::bigsmile:
terry
it's been live for almost 2 1/2 hrs now -how long does it take ebayto take it down ?hope nobodys been had

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I've seen a few with very plausible feedback... :Sad: ...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Link Removed
Terry

Hi Terry, He will deliver it free once you have transfered money . Very nice man. BUSBY.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We are looking to buy a motorhome on eBay. A particular model we are interested in was listed as a classified ad at a very low price.It was about £10.000 below the average price for this model but we emailed the advertiser, first of all through eBay channels, after which we were given an email address to communicate through.The seller made excuses about being out of town so viewing was not an option but delivery would be included in the sale price (£3900). We offered cash on delivery which was refused and then suggested we could visit the given address (about 150 miles away from us) the following weekend and pay cash on collection. This was also evaded and we were asked to pay upfront through MoneyGram. I then checked through our watching list and found one of the pictures was identical to one on a site belonging to a motorhome dealer in the north east of England, for £14995. Contacted the company owner to be told indeed it was his vehicle and id had been stolen. We would never contemplate sending money anywhere for an unseen item, but fear many people would not be as suspicious as us. In the next couple of days I discovered 4 more similar scams. I contacted each one, in different parts of the country,and was amused to receive communications with the same wording. All had 100% feedback scores. All ads sounded very feasible, the only giveaway initially being the unusually low price. We even received 3 emails purporting to be from eBay, complete with the usual comment at the top about including our eBay id to prove they were genuine. These emails even included links which took us to various sections of eBay, all very convincing. They were suggesting that eBay had checked its records and noticed we were suspicious about the seller but should be assured he was one of the top sellers with eBay and could be totally trusted. To the less cynical these emails could have been the clincher. 2 giveaways: the wording was a little quaint in places, with a few grammatical errors and also the right hand margin cut off a small section of the text. All these were reported to eBay who very quickly removed the ads but how many poor devils had been taken in??? NEVER pay upfront for anything unless through Paypal!

I sent this to ebay as a 'review' in 2009. Note the bit about false communications 'from ebay' .... enough to convince those who may have had suspicions ... I compared one of these 'ebay' messages with a real one I'd had previously and the only indication that is wasn't pucker was a small e instead of a capital ... Would've been easy to have been taken in.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)