LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
While at Camperstop at Totana we went for a run out for shopping. The green engine warning light came on on the speedo panel. In the manual it said it was an injector fault.
Angel (site owner) rang a little service garage on the industrial estate for me and we took the van the next day.
He put the van on the computer and established it was the "butterfly" he then cleared the fault and told me it may come back but not to worry just continue our trip. If it does I will have it replaced but he thinks it just stuck a bit we will see.
The cost to me? €5 yes €5 :Eeek:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If any one is in the area and needs help the garage is Tallers Jose Antonio. In the Poligano Totana. :thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
we had this in 2011 - half way up the Gorges du Verdon road - after a stall whilst following a bus in torrential rain (i had a feeling some one was against us that day!)

No loss of power or anything so when we got to the top some frantic web searching ensued and it seemed to be one that wasn't critical, so sat at the cafe at the top end for an hour or so, then started up the van and all OK, warning has never been seen again

Apparently its more than likely the EGR valve sticking from time to time and can be caused by a stall on an incline..so we met that criteria quite nicely

One very odd outcome on another forum from a few years back is the reversing lights causing it, It seems the Reversing Light shares the same supply as the Mass Air Flow sensor(in the X250), And a problem inside the light bulb can cause excessive current to be drawn which can trigger the warning - or blow the fuse!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have had it before too but cold deisel was the suspect. Then the fault cleared when it had a run then stood for an hour. This time it did not clear hence the worry. :cry:

Apparently (i have been told) if there is a fault it may not clear even tho it was a blip till put on the pooter. He also told me if a fault still existed he would not be able to clear it.
:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I susspect its coursed by all that Hot weather Ken.

The only solution would be to move back to Blighty...:winky:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I susspect its coursed by all that Hot weather Ken.

The only solution would be to move back to Blighty...:winky:

Please don't take offence I have thought long and hard about what you say................................

there is only one response I am afraid.................

Bugger orf!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back