Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Marjal has played a blinder with its latest edict: I quote "it is strictly forbidden to carry out any hairdresser and beautician services by campers or external visitors". Perhaps we can clarify today whether they mean this to include me cutting Mike's hair or giving myself a pedicure!

:roflmto:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
lol marjal for a short stay from where im concerned is ok but their different rates for different people and their totally dire club entertainment (or lack of it ) also their free wifi maybe its free because without some sort of booster it is non existent still its ok for me now because i have been released today for good behaviour and im off to portugal sad to leave the friends i have made but they will be following me so thats ok got to make this short because of the bandwidth :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Also ......

The washing line police are prowling the site !!:Doh:

The rules state that lines must not be hung on trees ! OK that's fair enough ! BUT now you cannot hang lines from vehicle to vehicle or the lamp posts ! :Doh:

One week today...off to Portugal !!! TWO FB pies to be used as bait to root out the secretive JJ and his people !...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i hope pete has all his electric off or he will need a mortgage to be able to leave and pay the bill :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Let's just say now that the weather has deteriorated a bit it's not quite the FUN place it was in March ::bigsmile:
The wind is making cycling difficult at times,and it's a long way to walk anywhere.

Mike.

Hi Mike and Carolyn, don't hang around just for us !!!! :ROFLMAO:
We have sunshine and a bit of a breeze today, but not that bad, :winky: as we have had the hair dresser cutting hair OUTSIDE a couple of vans away. :roflmto:

If you want to move on, we can always meet you somewhere else. :thumb: Bob.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike and Carolyn, don't hang around just for us !!!! :ROFLMAO:
We have sunshine and a bit of a breeze today, but not that bad, :winky: as we have had the hair dresser cutting hair OUTSIDE a couple of vans away. :roflmto:

If you want to move on, we can always meet you somewhere else. :thumb: Bob.

Bob, I'll stay here now until Andy has sorted (or not) the bit of gas plumbing I've asked him to quote for :thumb: (see my post in Tech/Mech)

Mike

OP
OP
C

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
The washing line police are prowling the site !!:Doh:

The rules state that lines must not be hung on trees ! OK that's fair enough ! BUT now you cannot hang lines from vehicle to vehicle or the lamp posts ! :Doh:

One week today...off to Portugal !!! TWO FB pies to be used as bait to root out the secretive JJ and his people !...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AND....

There is now a list of dogs which have to be muzzled, and a plethora of dog rules.

NB: Jane and Bob - not need for you to worry with Izzy as she/you won't contravene any rules.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
never

Jane NEVER:ROFLMAO: but Izzy does when Kobi tries to nick her treats

Apr 26, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Mm wasn't impressed spent new year there counted 10 propel in the bar at 9 didn't think much of facilities we hoped for much more shame :Sad:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Zigarette Tommy ?????

Marjal has played a blinder with its latest edict: I quote "it is strictly forbidden to carry out any hairdresser and beautician services by campers or external visitors". Perhaps we can clarify today whether they mean this to include me cutting Mike's hair or giving myself a pedicure!

:roflmto:

I have been to see ze Gruppenführer and it is OK to cut ze hair so long as it is not a business ! So zere !!!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Do I take it from the posts that this Marjal place is currently out of favour ?:whistle:

Yup.....what am I saying ........It was never in favour with us when we was there:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that was before the funsters arrived for there first trip:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Yup.....what am I saying ........It was never in favour with us when we was there:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that was before the funsters arrived for there first trip:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Just looked it up on t'internet and it looks like Butlins with sunshine. :winky:

Someone will be along soon to "put me right" on how it really is, won't they ? :hardhat:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I just looked it up on this page

and guess what. The English translation (top right-hand corner) is depicted by the stars and stripes. Quite ironic really. :roflmto:

Ivy

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
I just looked it up on this page

and guess what. The English translation (top right-hand corner) is depicted by the stars and stripes. Quite ironic really. :roflmto:

Ivy

Perhaps a Funster who has been there, or is there, can tell us if they speak American English.
Things like : Don't drive on the sidewalk
Fit winter tires
Eat potato chips etc ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just looked it up on t'internet and it looks like Butlins with sunshine. :winky:

Someone will be along soon to "put me right" on how it really is, won't they ? :hardhat:

Opinion is divided on this site. I'd use it as an overnight and not much else mainly because of it's location. There's just nothing exciting even on a pushbike. Town is OK for shopping, a coffee and snack but it's an old industrial town, like the UK with all the industry gone.

It's not hard to find much better. You drive past Altea, L'Abir and Benidorm to get there. Here you have quiet seaside or boisterous seaside, lots to do and see.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Opinion is divided on this site. I'd use it as an overnight and not much else mainly because of it's location. There's just nothing exciting even on a pushbike. Town is OK for shopping, a coffee and snack but it's an old industrial town, like the UK with all the industry gone.

It's not hard to find much better. You drive past Altea, L'Abir and Benidorm to get there. Here you have quiet seaside or boisterous seaside, lots to do and see.

Why do so many Funsters appear to use this site as a base if it is as you describe ?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
after staying there for around 3 weeks or so i would say its ok for a couple of nights on route to elsewhere the facities are 1st class but things like wifi are crap and the entertainment is also crap left there monday 1st stop almeria (cause i took the wrong turn lol )now in torre de mar at camping torre de mar looks ok but have only just arrived taking a slow drive to portugal sat nav permitting :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why do so many Funsters appear to use this site as a base if it is as you describe ?

I don't think it's "so many". Some thought they got a good price, so an element of cost. Whether they got stung for electricity and using the leisure centre is another matter.

We all have different tastes.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I am currently one of the "Fun" readers who is at Marjal. We came here last winter for a couple of months. We returned in September for 6 weeks and we are now back here for three months.
The rates we have been charged have always been fair. We have never been stung for spa, electricity or any other hidden charges.
However, one of the things we liked. Totally unspoilt surroundings, yes, old town nearby but interesting and very easy to get to on a bike.
It is beginning to change, one of the first sites we visited in this part of Spain was further south and had become like a shanty town. This place was like a breath of fresh air in comparison. With wide roadways and neat pitches with all mod cons laid on we loved it.
Now time has moved on and it is beginning to get a bit more like a shanty town with long stay pitches with ornaments etc. The normal detritus of staying in one place for a long time is beginning to appear. The wi-fi, because it is free, is becoming very overloaded.
I think it is a shame but I do not think I will return for a long stay because it has now lost it's initial charm.
Please do not take my word as gospel though, see for yourself. Some may like it more as it develops, some may not.
JohnH

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
yes brian thats about 200 yards further down just took a walk around the town and plenty to do and see but i just made it back as the rain has started arghhhhhhhhh :ROFLMAO:
i would say the toilets and the showers here are dated but i don't mind all that i have my own toilet and shower so np there and wifi is free and you can get a signal unlike marjal

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We did a 5 week tour of the coastline in Nov/Dec to visit many sites for future long stay options.There are many on our DO NOT RETURN list including Marjal.It was far too big with no character or anything interesting nearby without transport.However the original Marjal at Guardemar was far superior,much smaller with facilities-swimming,etc free including sat tv direct into the van.They told us it was full and gave directions to the new stalag but we walked the site and there were many pitches so they relented.Trying to push the new site !
On a seperate note we were surprised at the poor campsites used by the clubs for their winter meets not least Tropical and La Manga.There are much better sites but they must have a annual ongoing business arrangement with the site owners.
Wish there were other options for sunshine in winter other than Spain when using the van.Now in Goa for 8 weeks with wall to wall sunshiine 30 deg and great apt for £12.50 night! Tell that to ACSI.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Once was enough for us.............................:Doh:....they do say you live and learn:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back