MMM: Motorhome of The Year Awards 2013 (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
MMM joins forces with Which Motorhome magazine to bring you the most important motorhome awards, combining over 50 years of motorhoming experience.

The Motorhome of the Year awards, in association with the Caravan Club, are the most important awards in the country and are the result of a coming together of the UK’s best-selling motorhome magazine, Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly (MMM), and Which Motorhome, the UK’s only motorhome test and buying magazine.

The two magazines came together to create this set of combined awards to recognise the best new campervans and motorhomes on sale in the UK.

The 2013 awards, sponsored by the Caravan Club, were held at the Luton Hoo Hotel, with major dealers and manufacturers from the motorhome industry present.

The judges assessed every new motorhome that was launched or significantly modified this year to come up with a shortlist of winners and runners up that stand out from the crowd.

and the winner is.....

Click here to find out

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Just had a look at them all and although far to big for us I did like the Rapido 766 FF the best:thumb:

Rob.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
All very nice and congratulations to them all.
Couldn't help but notice over 90% are powered by a 2.2 or 2.3 engine and 130bhp. Some nearly 7 metres long and weighing in at close to 4 tonne I cannot imagine power to weight going down to well. I also noticed the so called testers advise the engine upgrade, another con I assume.
No mention of spare wheels being fitted so we will just have to sit somewhere in Europe waiting for a new tyre to be delivered, after all who gives a damn once our cash is handed over.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Couldnt tell by the photo but the winning motorhome looks like the drop down bed at the front...................covers the entrance door.
Certainly some motorhomes at the NEC this year had that feature....imagine trying to get out quick in an emergency !

barry

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The judges assessed every new motorhome that was launched or significantly modified this year to come up with a shortlist of winners and runners up that stand out from the crowd.
The problem with these awards is that they're not for the best motorhomes, they're for the best new motorhomes.

You could build a fantastic model that wins the award in 2012, by a country mile, then keep building the same model in 2013 at the same price or even make it cheaper. Meanwhile a competitor could release a new model in 2013 that is more expensive and inferior and they would win the MMM award because your model is not included.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
The problem with these awards is that they're not for the best motorhomes, they're for the best new motorhomes.

You could build a fantastic model that wins the award in 2012, by a country mile, then keep building the same model in 2013 at the same price or even make it cheaper. Meanwhile a competitor could release a new model in 2013 that is more expensive and inferior and they would win the MMM award because your model is not included.

Couldn't agree more.As owning an older 'winner' I can't see how much has improved over the last few years to merit 'upgrading' to any of these vans.:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Couldnt tell by the photo but the winning motorhome looks like the drop down bed at the front...................covers the entrance door.
Certainly some motorhomes at the NEC this year had that feature....imagine trying to get out quick in an emergency !

barry

I can assure you it doesn't cover the door Barry!

You can in fact also use it lowered halfway down and sleep another two people on another double made up on the dinette seats and the lowered table if you really want to, hence it being 6 berth. Or just an extra 2 on the dinette if they don't fancy that great big, thick, full mattress on the bed that goes up and down. I'm sure we'd all rather sleep on a lounge seat cushion jigsaw than a proper bed ..... :ROFLMAO:

The fixed bed in that one is a 'French' bed on the offside (in UK)

Nice van we thought.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've never heard of the cosmetic company the cream or the woman.

Then I noticed 'get her Esquire look'.

Hardly surprising I've never heard of it/her, is it !!!!!

Wonder what films she's been in then? :whatthe:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I've never heard of the cosmetic company the cream or the woman.

Then I noticed 'get her Esquire look'.

Hardly surprising I've never heard of it/her, is it !!!!!

Wonder what films she's been in then? :whatthe:

Yes it's a scream isn't it? Give me an airbrush workout and a day with Max Clifford and I could be the new Bond girl!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back