Syncing Firefox.. problems (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I admit defeat .. I have tried everything to try to sync FF between my desktop and a laptop.. It just takes me around in circles... catch 22

I looked on FF help forum and found this recent thread.. but it would appear there is some sort of issue that Mozilla haven't resolved.. I cannot find the sync recovery key.

have a read here , looks like I am not alone.. has anyone had this issue ?

Support Forum
finding Sync Recovery Key

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi.

When you first sync'd anything with Firefox it opens a one time page with a long sync code that it warns you to keep as its not recoverable (or at least wasn't six months or so ago).

It could be that if you have a pop-up blocker, it suppressed the page so you didn't ever see the code.

My two desktops (1 x XP, and 1 x Win7 each dual screen) at the office are sync'd but when I set it up at home, I had to disable it as our broadband is so poor it was using too much of the available bandwidth.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi.

When you first sync'd anything with Firefox it opens a one time page with a long sync code that it warns you to keep as its not recoverable (or at least wasn't six months or so ago).

It could be that if you have a pop-up blocker, it suppressed the page so you didn't ever see the code.

My two desktops (1 x XP, and 1 x Win7 each dual screen) at the office are sync'd but when I set it up at home, I had to disable it as our broadband is so poor it was using too much of the available bandwidth.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks for your help..

yes, I vaguely recall having the FF sync code.. but it was on an old laptop that I have since wiped.. probably lost it.. :Doh:

That said, Mozila should have thought of this.. or provided a way of retrieving via the email account used when first registered..

Why can't they make it as simple as Chrome.. all you need is your Google mail addy and password..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry. Not sure what you done and haven't so trying not to teach you to suck eggs, but have you worked through http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ive-lost-my-firefox-sync-account-information which shows you how to start from scratch?

Robin

yes.. I've been down this road and it goes nowhere... several times.. hence my losing the will to live..

the thread in my first post explains the problem and what others have tried.. , I have the same issue.. ie.. I can find no Manage account when i click on sync options.

Helpful replies

I sympathize, but nothing will solve this problem without the direct intervention of the Firefox technical staff and I have seen no indication of their interest in fixing this anomaly.

thanks for offering a solution.. just surprised no one else on Fun has this problem.. either that or they don't use sync

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I can check with our techies and tech documentation on Monday, but I doubt they know a work-around.

Clearly a PITA.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I can check with our techies and tech documentation on Monday, but I doubt they know a work-around.

Clearly a PITA.

cheers.. won't hold my breath :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
It's for reasons like this that I now always take a picture with my mobile of the screen, at least then you can look them up again quite easily.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back