Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
Hi everyone! My name is Darren MacRae and I live in Dornoch, Highlands of Scotland.

My grandparents own a caravan site so I've grown up around motorhomes and campervans all my life!

I turned 17 last year and passed my driving test in December. On Saturday I became the proud owner of 'Bow' my 1991 Renault Trafic Rainbow Campervan.
This summer I plan to travel around Scotland in my campervan playing music in different places. I am a country/folk musician.

Looking forward to exploring this site a lot more very soon!

Goodbye!
Darren

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Darren and welcome. I love Dornoch, Sandy, husband, comes from the Black Isle and we were up there last April. We followed the coast all the way round and found Dornoch to be a lovely town, with a beautiful beach which Ellie, doggie, loved. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Darren and welcome :thumb: just out of interest where have you got your insurance from for Bow? We get asked a lot for under 20s insurance for camper /motor homes
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
h and wellkome folk musician you should hook up with Barry and Janean thay love music thay play ukulele and you could be the youngest full member wellkome aboard :thumb::welcomefunster::flyingwelcome::thumb:

OP
OP
Darren_MacRae

Darren_MacRae

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
Hi Ivy, thanks for saying hello!

I'm glad you like Dornoch! It really is beautiful up here (even in winter!!!). Ah yes, dogs seem to love our beach :Smile:

Darren

OP
OP
Darren_MacRae

Darren_MacRae

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
Hi Darren and welcome :thumb: just out of interest where have you got your insurance from for Bow? We get asked a lot for under 20s insurance for camper /motor homes
Terry

Hi Terry. I got my campervan insurance direct from Aviva. I spent weeks pouring over quotes of £4000 from compare websites until I discovered that Aviva do it for £1000 ::bigsmile:

Thanks for saying hello!

Darren

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry. I got my campervan insurance direct from Aviva. I spent weeks pouring over quotes of £4000 from compare websites until I discovered that Aviva do it for £1000 ::bigsmile:

Thanks for saying hello!

Darren

Thanks, that's brilliant, my grandson 17 has bought a ford ranger pickup truck because it was cheaper to insure than a 1 ltr Corsa 2.5k:Eeek: not that he could fit inside one at 6 ft 5 ins ::bigsmile: He may well change to a camper
Terry

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Oh hard luck.

Why ?

Well all the wonderful sights of mainland Europe, just made for MHs are twice as far for you as all the souther softies.

That is exactly why our house is now on the market!
Since we retired we have spent far too much time (and money!) going up and down the M74/M6/M1/M25:RollEyes:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
[HI]We won't hold that against you ...[/HI]

welcome to the fun forum where you'll get plenty of help.. :Smile:

Don't believe him:winky:.................. and welcome to Funsters, we need more domiciled Scots in Funsters to counter balance the large number of Yorkies in here. lol

Enjoy your touring we do most of ours north of Aberdeen.

Norman

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi & Welcome Darren. Well done on getting your camper.:thumb:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
welcome darren, good to see some more funsters in the north of scotland

Love Dornoch used to go up to the beach when kids were younger, was up with MH end Sept and had a great time, which site do your folks have

Ron

OP
OP
Darren_MacRae

Darren_MacRae

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
A really big thank you to everyone who has welcomed me! This is such a nice and friendly community and I'm overwhelmed at the amount of people who have came by and said hello! :Smile:

Tomorrow is the first day that I'm going to put Bow to the test on the open road. I'll keep you all posted on how she fairs! I'll also get some photos of her as soon as the weather improves!

Darren!

OP
OP
Darren_MacRae

Darren_MacRae

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
Don't believe him:winky:.................. and welcome to Funsters, we need more domiciled Scots in Funsters to counter balance the large number of Yorkies in here. lol

Enjoy your touring we do most of ours north of Aberdeen.

Norman

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I noticed the large number of Yorkies here... you can't blame them though, they live in prime motorhome country :roflmto:

Aye, the Aberdeen coast is nice! I actually picked my campervan up from Fochabers :Smile:

Darren

OP
OP
Darren_MacRae

Darren_MacRae

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth Convention
Exp
Since 12th Jan 2013
welcome darren, good to see some more funsters in the north of scotland

Love Dornoch used to go up to the beach when kids were younger, was up with MH end Sept and had a great time, which site do your folks have

Ron

Hi Ron, thanks for saying hello!

Aye, Dornoch is fantastic for people with campervans and motorhomes!

My Granny and Grandad own Dornoch Caravan and Camping Park. It's the one in Dornoch itself... Right next to the beach (the reception building is painted yellow and red if that helps :roflmto:)

Darren

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

[HI]My Granny and Grandad own Dornoch Caravan and Camping Park.[/HI] It's the one in Dornoch itself... Right next to the beach (the reception building is painted yellow and red if that helps :roflmto:)

Darren

I trust that you are going to inveigle them into giving funsters the usual discount !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012

My Granny and Grandad own Dornoch Caravan and Camping Park. It's the one in Dornoch itself... Right next to the beach (the reception building is painted yellow and red if that helps :roflmto:)

Darren

That's the one we stayed at great site if anyone thinking of heading to Dornoch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back