Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I have no problem running my TV & VCR with 230v. Question is. is it possible to run my TV on 12v and my VCR which is 230v to watch a video on my TV. The scart cable from VCR to TV, would that deliver a 230v charge to the TV on 12v. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Beachbum, you will be okay - scart doesn't carry mains power, just low voltage signals between TV & VCR for carrying the picture/signal and switching between widescreen/normal, that kind of thing. For proof, here's a link that shows the voltages being carried by each pin - none is 230V.

SCART (Peritel; Euroconnector) pinout and signals @ pinouts.ru

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Beachbum, you will be okay - scart doesn't carry mains power, just low voltage signals between TV & VCR for carrying the picture/signal and switching between widescreen/normal, that kind of thing. For proof, here's a link that shows the voltages being carried by each pin - none is 230V.

SCART (Peritel; Euroconnector) pinout and signals @ pinouts.ru

Hope this helps!

Thank Buddy, sure made me feel at ease now. Got myself a new TV and wanted to make sure I didn't blow up the joint (MH) attaching the link was a great help too. Have a nice week end. David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back