deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
Just wondering if you get condensation on the cab windows the other windows are fine as they are double glazed but every morning when we are away and we take the blinds down they are covered in condensation.

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I used to suffer condensation until I used the external windscreen covers. No problems since.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
a very small spot of washing liquid [fairy] on a wash cloth or tissues wipe on window, it will stop condensation for around 24hrs we used this method back in the 60s when bus's dident have demisters i still use it,cheaper than ext screens.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
deisel doctor

deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
I used to suffer condensation until I used the external windscreen covers. No problems since.
Thanks for your advice i have just found one in my loft that was left in the previose m/h,
i had seen them on vans before but never thought to use it as we have internall blinds , this may sound a stupid question but do you place the tin foil coating on the outside or on to the window cheers..

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
a very small spot of washing liquid [fairy] on a wash cloth or tissues wipe on window, it will stop condensation for around 24hrs we used this method back in the 60s when bus's dident have demisters i still use it,cheaper than ext screens.:thumb:

Yes, still use this trick too. But I find it's brilliant at stopping windows, and mirrors, misting up but struggles with 'running' condensation' ... and also that Fairy works the best - any other make doesn't seem to work, not for long anyway... :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Always keep some ventilation with a window or roof vent slightly open .

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
External silver type screens are brilliant at preventing condensation and make an enormous difference to the temperature in the van. Couldn't / wouldn't be without them now.

Lorraine x

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Air circulation is the key, if you have blown air heating use it if not use an electric fan heater with a blower.

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
Best thing to stop condensation in your motorhome is a Dehumidifier. Since we bought ours we never wake up in the morning and see condensation anymore.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thanks for your advice i have just found one in my loft that was left in the previose m/h,
i had seen them on vans before but never thought to use it as we have internall blinds , this may sound a stupid question but do you place the tin foil coating on the outside or on to the window cheers..

`OUT`, will probably only go on one way.

belboy

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Best thing to stop condensation in your motorhome is a Dehumidifier. Since we bought ours we never wake up in the morning and see condensation anymore.

Hi mike...can you give us details of the dehumidifier you bought & where you got it from please.........cheers. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back