Don't leave your MoT to the last minute (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We booked our van in for its service and MoT on Monday with our usual mobile mechanic (who arranged the test at the usual testing station). No test problems with the van at all but the computer link to VOSA crashed just as they were about to do the paperwork so no ticket. No problem to us, as the existing test didn't expire until 1st February, but it could be a problem to anyone who was on their last day.

The van went back this morning and passed just as expected :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
A couple of years ago I was taxing a vehicle on-line, it was refused due to no MOT, I was horrified when I checked up that it had run out 11 months prior to that date. Easy to do when you have a few vehicles. I have them on a data base now so shouldn't happen again.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
System crash is no reason to not get a ticket Graham
Lazy / poorly trained Mot station caused you an unnecessary return trip:Doh:
Manual systems are still available, its then the MoT stations responsibility to bring electronic system up to date
Much easier to put customer off:RollEyes:
G

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
System crash is no reason to not get a ticket Graham
Lazy / poorly trained Mot station caused you an unnecessary return trip:Doh:
Manual systems are still available, its then the MoT stations responsibility to bring electronic system up to date
Much easier to put customer off:RollEyes:
G

No problem to me Geo. Our mechanic takes it down to the testing station so it was he who had the return trip and at no extra cost to us :Smile: He also took advantage of the facilities there to do the Alko chassis greasing whilst there on Monday so no complaints overall :Smile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I get our van and the 2 cars tested a month before they are due.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Any vehicle passing either a static or mobile ANPR camera (automatic number plate recognition) which does not have a current MOT, road fund licence or insurance amongst other things, will trigger a warning to any local police patrol so the chances of being pulled over are increased.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
the MOT on my vehicle is due in March, but I have been wondering if it is worthwhile putting it through MOT early, as I am pretty sure that it is going to fail - at least that way I can find out what needs to be done, rather than having to do everything at once.

Hmmm - might just be a good £40.00 spent!

Thanks for the heads up GJH

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Any vehicle passing either a static or mobile ANPR camera (automatic number plate recognition) which does not have a current MOT, road fund licence or insurance among st other things, will trigger a warning to any local police patrol so the chances of being pulled over are increased.

so Watt's the other things?

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
so Watt's the other things?

All sorts of things that might make someone of interest to the police - e.g. disqualified driving, suspected drink driving, involved in crime etc etc.

Not every positive warning that is detected will automatically trigger police action. It depends upon a number of possible reasons including any enforcement initiatives (e.g. Christmas drink driving campaign or other national enforcement initiative) or whether the suspect is targeted for action. That is why you may occasionally see a number of police vehicles in one place - they're probably not collecting speeders as most of the public automatically assume, they are taking action against known or suspected offenders who more often than not are using vehicles to commit crime.

Suffice to say that if a known or suspected offender is involved in crime, that when they pass an ANPR camera, the police are likely to know about it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back