Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Everyone

We're Jerry & Helen, and live just south of Newbury - a stone's throw from [STRIKE]Downton Abbey[/STRIKE] Highclere Castle. We picked up our 2013 model Rapido 9090DF from Wokingham Motorhomes last Friday, and then proceeded to have our first couple of nights away in it! We were recommended to join this community by Peter of Johns Cross, who we met on Friday afternoon - so here we are.

Having first tasted motorhoming with our children on holiday in Canada in 2000, and hired a couple of times subsequently, we graduated to purchasing our dear old Magic Bus (a 1989 Hymer 694) in 2008. It was originally purchased for Glastonbury Festival (we go every year it's on), but opened the door to so much more! It will be going on the market in a couple of months or so.

We've now treated ourselves to our new baby, and are looking forward to easing up on work and having more time to enjoy ourselves - the youngsters having grown up and moved on ....

We have several questions and will post them in the most appropriate place - just need to investigate the site a bit more!

Jerry & Helen

PS. Does anyone else spend the evening surfing the web, surrounding by ACSI, France Passion and other brochures?

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Welcome Both
You have to be a nutter to enjoy
but you did so

:welcomefunster:

Roger & Sheila
Teddybard:Smile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Welcome! I spend evenings with the forum and the various magazine s too ...MMM and so forth
Sometimes Wonder if planning the adventures is almost as good as having them :)

OP
OP
Roxie
Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome! I spend evenings with the forum and the various magazine s too ...MMM and so forth
Sometimes Wonder if planning the adventures is almost as good as having them :)

Absolutely agree - the planning is almost as much fun as the trips ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Helen,

See you made it, you wont regret joining Fun. loads of information and plenty of new friends to make on the meets

By the way Funsters, she is a lovely lady and bought a fantastic luxury Rapido from the best Rapido dealer in the UK

Peter

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
:welcomefunster:

ah the planning, hours of dreaming and what ifs, finding that best spot on google maps and streetview - and then do something totally different as soon as we get off the ferry::bigsmile:

everytime!!

but i think your right - the planning is part of the fun - if only to be able to look back at all the the things you didn't do and must do next time and the things you did do that you hadn't thought of :ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

The planning side is good fun but now you're here you've got thousands of new friends to offer opinions.:thumb:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jerry & Helen, welcome to the Fun :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Helen,

See you made it, you wont regret joining Fun. loads of information and plenty of new friends to make on the meets

By the way Funsters, she is a lovely lady and bought a fantastic luxury Rapido[HI] from the best Rapido dealer in the UK[/HI]

Peter

Who would that be Peter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi Jerry and Helen and welcome to fun

Gerry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Wokingham Motorhomes or Caravanne Rapido

Broken Link Removed

Paul, Martin or Adrian will see you right:thumb:

Peter

P.S. I have no finanial interest in this dealership, just have known them for years for being honest. I only live a couple of miles away frim them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roxie
Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Wokingham Motorhomes or Caravanne Rapido

Broken Link Removed

Paul, Martin or Adrian will see you right:thumb:

Peter

And don't forget Karen and Ross as well as the fascinating chap (sorry can't remember your name) who does all the body shop work.....shared a wonderful and unexpected full roast on a Friday lunchtime! Wokingham Motorhomes - what a wonderful wild camping location in the forest - pressure to be applied :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. There are a few lovely families on here who I am sure you will find are there to encourage you in the fun and learning to enjoy your new mh to the full. Enjoy and look forward to meeting you.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back