Australia Tour Help (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
As age is creeping up on us we are continuing our long haul dreams while we can.
Over the years we have done Florida, New Zealand and Kenya and now plan to cover Australia.
We are planning to travel to Sydney early January 2014 and hire a van for 2 months and just drive visiting as much as time will allow. We have loads of information but would like any input from fellow travellers who have previously toured Australia using hire vans and campsites.
We are very keen to possibly wild camp but use campsites every now and then. ANY information will be much appreciated.
Wilf

UK Grey Nomads

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
12 Fulltiming since March 2007, 2 months NZ, 8 Months Australia.
Hi Wilf
Visit our website www.ukgreynomads.co.uk and take a look at our Australia tour. Download the "Big4" campsite brochure and take membership at the first campsite you use, a great saving. Also if you travel into Queensland contact the tourist info' they did a fantastic info' pack with all the parking areas, distances, overnight parking areas, which they sent me before we left the UK. Any specific information PM me and I will try to help.
Oh and do the Bridge walk in Sydney.

Envy the trip
Regards
Alan & Jenny

Sep 10, 2007
Chobham Surrey
Funster No
MH
CS Reisemobil Panel Van
Exp
10 years
Hi Wilf,
We circumnavigated Oz in a motorhome in 2010, and found the camps 5 Australia wide book to be invaluable, it lists all the wild sites, dump & water points with GPS co-ordinates, also
budget sites. It also contains all the maps you will need,

Heres a link http://www.campsaustraliawide.com/

regards Ray & Joan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi Wilf
Visit our website www.ukgreynomads.co.uk and take a look at our Australia tour. Download the "Big4" campsite brochure and take membership at the first campsite you use, a great saving. Also if you travel into Queensland contact the tourist info' they did a fantastic info' pack with all the parking areas, distances, overnight parking areas, which they sent me before we left the UK. Any specific information PM me and I will try to help.
Oh and do the Bridge walk in Sydney.

Envy the trip
Regards
Alan & Jenny
Many thanks, have started to read your website, brilliant. So much information,
just what we need to get the grey cells flowing.
Wilf & Joyce

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Hope everything works out for you. We will be back in Oz for Xmas 2013 so if you pass through Brisbane drop in. Also remember that the coastline of Oz is over 37000 k long and that does not include the Islands like Tassy etc. Wild camping is a norm in Oz so you should be able to wild for 5 or 6 days and then caravan park.:thumb:

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hope everything works out for you. We will be back in Oz for Xmas 2013 so if you pass through Brisbane drop in. Also remember that the coastline of Oz is over 37000 k long and that does not include the Islands like Tassy etc. Wild camping is a norm in Oz so you should be able to wild for 5 or 6 days and then caravan park.:thumb:
Many thanks for that.
We are planning flying out on January 6th 2014 and return mid March. Checking for all
inclusive deals and found freedom australia the most competative for flight + hotel + motorhome (Apollo). We've decided to start and finish in Sydney and cover as much as possible both North and West.
Had some very useful information already from funsters, great lot.
Wilf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
May I ask how much the motorhome was to hire.
We are thinking of doing Auz & New Zealand around the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back