Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Would appreciate any info on touring villages/towns in Dordogne with 8m motorhome. We have Vicarious Book on French Aires and Bord Atlas. How easy is it to travel around villages etc?

Would also like to know a good route off the toll roads from Calais.

PS: Will be travelling from May through to end of June.

Thank you:Smile:
JohnM

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I guarantee that you will find it all easier than the drive down to the port in England.

Just use the aires book and plan as you go.

My only advice would be take your time going down or you may miss too much of a good thing

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi John.We are regular visitors to the Dordogne as we have family there.We don't know much about sites as we park up at the family property but we do know a lot about where's good to go and what to do.Problem is where to start! We have a preference for the area around Sarlat and Souillac.(which is just into the Lot)Don't miss the 'hotspots' of Domme, Benyac, Castelnaud, Le Roque Gageac and Rocamadour. They are all popular for a reason! Also try Collonges le Rouge and Turenne.Great wee places and not so busy.There is a big Aire at Sarlat which is handy for the town and if you havn't been it's a must.We also like Gourdon, Belves and Monpazier.Most places are accessible with care but obviously park at the edge of a village rather than try to make it to the square!Happy to answer any specific questions if you pm me.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back