The most expensive site? (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
I have just been quoted £29/night for the rv, £4/night electric and £10/night to park the car we tow - and this an ordinary night, not bank holiday or peak period. Still reeling! Surely no one pays this sort of silly money do they?

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Can't remember the exact prices quoted but people were saying that overnighting at Americana last year cost in excess of £40. Some of the bigger 'holiday' parks also charge quite a lot per night but you do get nightly entertainment etc., etc., etc. Are you sure they haven't quoted you a price guaranteed to make you (An RV, presumably) not want to go there - we have heard of that before, too!

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Billing Aquadrome - how did you guess? And we didn't mention Ben the dog, probably another tenner at least! We thought Caravan Club double pitch fees on an otherwise empty site were a bit over the top, but this took the biscuit.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Jan

If you haven't been to Billing yet, have a look for an alternative.

A lot of people we know do not like Billing for many reasons - we don't because of the noise element. I'm afraid burn ups at 3am do not do anything for a good night's sleep. Nor do empty beer cans, wine bottles and organic litter do anything to improve our opinion. Of course, it may have changed in the last couple of years for the better.

Also, people that go to Billing tend not to be regular campers. It is on our doorstep too..........

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
June & I looked into stopping there for a couple of nights after Newark. (we have relatives and friends in Northampton). I phoned them this pm - you didn't mention that they won't even guarantee hard-standing - it's first-come, first-served!

I was so pi....brassed off that I've decided we'll come back to Cornish Farm Park (Taunton) at £13.00 / night and hire a car for 2 days to travel up to the midlands and see people. It' works out just as cheap, and Billing won't get any business out of me. AND I'm old enough to remember when it was really out in the sticks, and they were begging people to put caravans on it!

Pauper Papa

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Why not camp at Rauceby after Newark and 'do' Northampton from here. We've been down and back today in the car (about 180 miles round trip) and the bar is now open (good to be home). Went looking for sites (other than Billing) and found a couple of cls in the area but not ideal I must admit.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
We stayed at 'Cakes and Ale@ Leiston last August a really lovely clean flat site our friends said it was £18 a night!

When we came to settle up it was £27 a night coz we had our son (13) with us :cry::cry: It was £9 per person that will teach me to enquire first :Doh::Doh::Doh:

They had free wifi too (I suppose wasn't that free):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: still we had a great time and then moved on to a C&CC holiday site at Thorpeness free social club membership and toilet and showers all fo £6 a night:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Can't remember the exact prices quoted but people were saying that overnighting at Americana last year cost in excess of £40. Some of the bigger 'holiday' parks also charge quite a lot per night but you do get nightly entertainment etc., etc., etc. Are you sure they haven't quoted you a price guaranteed to make you (An RV, presumably) not want to go there - we have heard of that before, too!

We have encountered some anti-rv feelings on our travels (8 months now). Some ridiculous prices, some comments 'caravans don't like something as big as you cutting out their light' 'you'll take all the electricity and there will be none left for the rest of the site' !! Perhaps if they measured the average area taken by caravan, huge awning, territory-grabbing windbreak and then the 4x4 we rvers might get a better deal? Perhaps not. We do have a budget though being retired too early for a pension so probably the friendly cls for us.
Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi Jan

If you haven't been to Billing yet, have a look for an alternative.

A lot of people we know do not like Billing for many reasons - we don't because of the noise element. I'm afraid burn ups at 3am do not do anything for a good night's sleep. Nor do empty beer cans, wine bottles and organic litter do anything to improve our opinion. Of course, it may have changed in the last couple of years for the better.

Also, people that go to Billing tend not to be regular campers. It is on our doorstep too..........
Sounds like the site from hell at Ashbourne (can't remember the name but there's a pub on site brews its own and a pool) We had a bank holiday there and they had outside kids disco until 2am and all day drinking for the parents. We like a drink or four but ..................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back