Hymer Spares (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi has any one had problems obtaining parts for pre 1994 Fiat and Talbot based a class Hymers? BUSBY.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Well, we've had no problems finding spares for our Dethleffs (same as Hymer) ... just haven't yet needed any. There's pages of parts on Ebay, new & used - what you don't see one week will most likely appear the next. And/or, go on Ebay.de - loads on there too.

:thumb:

Also, depends on whether you'd be looking for specifically Hymer parts (interior and bodywork) or mechanical parts.

Last edited:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
This guide is good in locating parts darren.leadbetter@brownhill.co.uk
I also got very good info from hambilton engineering in the past for parts.

Send them a mail or call

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Often the prices of certain items are hugely more sensible on ebay.de than on ebay.uk. For example headlights for these vans. Saw some on ebay uk last week, £278 a pair. Another pair £185. Single ones around £90.
Ebay.de? £19.90 each. (Can't remember exact postage, only that is was only a small amount). Don't opt for the 1st you see!

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Often the prices of certain items are hugely more sensible on ebay.de than on ebay.uk. For example headlights for these vans. Saw some on ebay uk last week, £278 a pair. Another pair £185. Single ones around £90.
Ebay.de? £19.90 each. (Can't remember exact postage, only that is was only a small amount). Don't opt for the 1st you see!

The problem is that the headlamps from Germany will be Left Hand Drive ones but the ones on the UK site are Right Hand Drive hence the price differance.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
True the german ones will be for lhd but you can put beambenders on like we have. There again thousands of Ducato/Peugeot/Citroen vans were sold in UK so there should be no reason why the prices should be so hugely different for the parts. A few pounds would be ok but hundred or more is taking the michael! :Angry:

We have the original headlights, lhd, as imported from Germany. We've got beambenders on but don't remove them when back in France - they don't dazzle at all in either country and perform perfectly...

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well, we've had no problems finding spares for our Dethleffs (same as Hymer) ... just haven't yet needed any. There's pages of parts on Ebay, new & used - what you don't see one week will most likely appear the next. And/or, go on Ebay.de - loads on there too.

:thumb:

Also, depends on whether you'd be looking for specifically Hymer parts (interior and bodywork) or mechanical parts.

Oops! Forgot - for the last mot I had to replace a driveshaft gaiter - £2.99 :Doh:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, they do. Our '91 was imported in 2008 and has had the same ones on through all the mot's since ... :thumb:

ps.: that's at 3 different mot centres

Sheepskin

Free Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have just had an MOT on my RMB and the tester fitted my beambenders for me when he was doing the test. So 100% legal

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I have just had an MOT on my RMB and the tester fitted my beambenders for me when he was doing the test. So 100% legal

what does a beambender look like, I take that it deflects LHD headlight beam to RHD beam, Is it the plastic cone shape piece you glue on the head light?? Interested to know as my MH is LHD Thanks

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
what does a beambender look like, I take that it deflects LHD headlight beam to RHD beam, Is it the plastic cone shape piece you glue on the head light?? Interested to know as my MH is LHD Thanks

Yes, transparent plastic stick on thingies - they deflect the beam so the lights dip vertically instead of dipping to one side. (they are self adhesive). You can achieve the same effect with black tape, once you know the right position for it. The proper ones come with positioning instructions for most vehicles included.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back