Germany thru to Poland (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Am looking to tour through Germany and on to Poland to visit 2nd World War sites of interest in June/July.

My Camper is a swb Ford Transit and fully set up to 'wild camp' which is my preference. Does anyone on the forum have experience of this type of camping in these countries?
Are there any 'do's and don'ts' legalities that i should be aware of....or is it fairly free and relaxed?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Germany is fine for camping grounds and there version of French aires. Poland is slightly different. They are not big campers, there method of camping tends to be tenting in woods and forrests. Camping is seen as something done by teenagers to get some time away from there parents. However as things progress and they get more in to it there are more and more campgrounds available. ART Casting have some listed sites in Poland. Poland is a vast country and very nice from what I saw of it. The people are generaly friendly and respectful. And of course they all know someone living/working in the UK.
If wild camping then i susspect that due to the vastness of the country you should not entertain any problems, stopping and asking a farmer to borrow a bit of his driveway/field and crossing his palm with a little silver will see both of you happy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Germany is fine for camping grounds and there version of French aires. Poland is slightly different. If wild camping then i suspect that due to the vastness of the country you should not entertain any problems, stopping and asking a farmer to borrow a bit of his driveway/field and crossing his palm with a little silver will see both of you happy

Thanks H.....wild camping is the way I prefer to go and if i can park up 'in the middle of nowhere' without any hassle....that suits me fine! Power gets recharged every time i start the engine and if i cant find a water tap, bottled water will do the same job.

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Colditz, as 2escapees suggests, is worth a visit. It is near Dresden, another place to visit, especially "The Zwinger". Another place worth the trip in the old East Germany is Goerlitz, which is right on the Polish border. Park up on the German side and walk across the bridge over the river Nesky. I am not sure if you can drive across this bridge, I would say perhaps yes, since they build the new bridge when Poland became a member of the EC. The whole of the old East Germany is something not to be missed since the reunification. Forgot to mention that the Colditz castle, I think is some sort of hotel, or part of it is. It has been years since I have been there. Have fun on your travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Vita

Free Member
Mar 25, 2008
CZ
Funster No
well, if you use GPS - you can download POI with places to overnight in Germany - for free or for money, If no GPS, you can buy also nearly the same on paper.
If you are interested in 2nd World War - maybe on way back you can go trough CZ - I can then help you find GPS info about many places in CZ. - (there are also many near Poland border.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back