Info on channel move to new sat (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I am way down in Spain at Zahora and with my Mobilsat dish and silvercrest freesat box get all free channels but with my 12 volt Pace sky box I cannot get a signal. We did up until about 5 days ago

Has Murdochs lot switched my card off or has my Pace box died ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
I am way down in Spain at Zahora and with my Mobilsat dish and silvercrest freesat box get all free channels but with my 12 volt Pace sky box I cannot get a signal. We did up until about 5 days ago

Has Murdochs lot switched my card off or has my Pace box died ?

Individual boxes cannot be swicthed off.
Individual cards can be swicthed off.

But even without a card inserted the sky box can still receive 200+ free to air channels - in fact the sky box with no card wil get the same FTA channels your silvercrest gets.

But with a sky box you may need ot help it download its channel list by changing the default transponder frequency (services 4 0 1 selected, 2) to another frequency (like 12207) as it may be looking for the download on 11778 which may be unavailable where you are on your sized dish.

But am really surprised you can receive "all free channels" where you are on that dish.... as people with 2.4m dishes are stuggling to get some of the free channels like 4HD, 4seven, some ITV1 and ITV1+1 regions, and "the fives"...all due to these channels moving to the 2f satellite..

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Individual boxes cannot be swicthed off.
Individual cards can be swicthed off.

But even without a card inserted the sky box can still receive 200+ free to air channels - in fact the sky box with no card wil get the same FTA channels your silvercrest gets.

But with a sky box you may need ot help it download its channel list by changing the default transponder frequency (services 4 0 1 selected, 2) to another frequency (like 12207) as it may be looking for the download on 11778 which may be unavailable where you are on your sized dish.

But am really surprised you can receive "all free channels" where you are on that dish.... as people with 2.4m dishes are stuggling to get some of the free channels like 4HD, 4seven, some ITV1 and ITV1+1 regions, and "the fives"...all due to these channels moving to the 2f satellite..

We are in Algave region,Portugal..on a 60-65cm dish and we get BBC1 BBC2 channel 4 and 5...and some Itv + chanels .. bbc news Sky news and others
excellent picture

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks I think you are cofirming what I thought, that is my Pace Sky box is poorly

Channel 5 is about the only one that we are missing at present with the Silvercrest freesat box but I did find it necessary to twidle the LNB to about plus 10 degrees

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
We are in Algave region,Portugal..on a 60-65cm dish and we get BBC1 BBC2 channel 4 and 5...and some Itv + chanels .. bbc news Sky news and others
excellent picture

All the reception reports, as per the links posted in this thread, say NO Channel 5, Fiver USA and Five* and timeshifts on anything less than a 1.8 and 2.4m dish in that area. (Thi also goes for 4HD 4seven, and some itv1 and itv1+1 regions, and ITV1HD Granada)

So your reception of Channel 5 on an 60-65cm dish in Algarve region,Portugal is, to say the least, unbeliveable.....

unless you actually mean C5HD, which has not moved to its new satellite yet....so yes you will still get that for the time being...

And come mid 2013, you can expect bbc itv c4s reception to change when they all move to their new satelite, 2e.

Thanks I think you are cofirming what I thought, that is my Pace Sky box is poorly.
If you have changed the default transponder frequency to 12207, and have the channel list, then it shoud receive all the "free" channels your silvercrest is getting.
If you have changed the default transpodner, and do not have the channel list, then it may be a sign of the box going....

Just because it says "no signal" may simply mean it cannot receive the 11778 frequency where it first looks for the channel list information. So it does not work. Henxce why you change the frequency to "help it" download the channel list from another frequency.

Channel 5 is about the only one that we are missing at present with the Silvercrest freesat box but I did find it necessary to twidle the LNB to about plus 10 degrees
And you will not get Channel 5 on anything smaller than 1.8 / 2.4m dishes in that area since they moved to 2F. The only way you can get C5 is C5HD, using a HD box and "free to view" sky card.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
There is a funster next to me with a 80cm dish on the ground John I think you know him Don Quixote ....on a dreambox and is getting everything not sure about ch 5...perfect pictures

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
There a funster next to me with a 80cm dish on the ground John I think you know him Don Quixote ....on a dreambox and is getting everything not sure about ch 5...perfect pictures

Well just re-scanned 28E and can confirm BBC 1,2,3,4 - ITV 1,2,3,4 - CH 4, 4+1 - More4, More4+1.

Cannot get 5USA or 5Star or Channel 5

Can get all or at least most of pay channels.

Cannot test HD channels.

Dish is 80cm ( signal is between 80 and 90% ) feeding Dreambox 500S

Wife is very happy.......

John

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well just re-scanned 28E and can confirm BBC 1,2,3,4 - ITV 1,2,3,4 - CH 4, 4+1 - More4, More4+1.

Cannot get 5USA or 5Star or Channel 5

Can get all or at least most of pay channels.

Cannot test HD channels.

Dish is 80cm ( signal is between 80 and 90% ) feeding Dreambox 500S

Wife is very happy.......

John

John, sat guy is correct I have just checked no ch 5:Doh:...but all the rest on a 60cm dish::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Looking good :thumb:

We were thinking we would not get anything in Portugal, :winky: mind you it may change by the time we get around there in March. :Doh:

Here in Javea, we get all the channels except the 5's on a 1meter dish and free to air box. :thumb: Bob.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Here in Javea, we get all the channels except the 5's on a 1meter dish and free to air box. :thumb: Bob.

Aligned properly, you should get 5's (and the other 2F channels) in Javea on a 1m dish.
As 1m dish works fine for them between valencia and alicante

We were thinking we would not get anything in Portugal, mind you it may change by the time we get around there in March.
It is expected some Sky chanenl may move to 2f sometim ein the next month or so.

Then the next change is when bbc itv c4 and the few sky channels on 1N move to 2E, "mid 2013"

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Aligned properly, you should get 5's (and the other 2F channels) in Javea on a 1m dish.
As 1m dish works fine for them between valencia and alicante

It is expected some Sky chanenl may move to 2f sometim ein the next month or so.

Then the next change is when bbc itv c4 and the few sky channels on 1N move to 2E, "mid 2013"

Hi, I have got 5 but it keeps breaking up, friends a couple of pitches down went to Benidorm and got a 1.2m dish and gets all the channels, but it cost him €198. :cry: In the UK about £90. :Doh:

Could you better the price,if so I would pass your details on, because a lot of brits will be looking for bigger dishes. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi, I have got 5 but it keeps breaking up

A well aligned 1m dish (or 90x100cm as they actually are) will get the 2f channels between Valencia and as far south as Torrevieja.

In fact, I get the Fives perfectly fine on my 80cm dish in Gandia - so it just says you need to get the dish aligned correctly to get the best signal, and less channel breakup.

A pro meter (not a beeper) helps get the dish aligned spot on to the correct alignment, and can also be used to help see if the dish is warped, which affects the reception also.

In some case getting a better LNB will help - the invert ultra back is a great LNB to use, and its long neck allows you to set it at the optimum distance to optimise the signal it gets.

friends a couple of pitches down went to Benidorm and got a 1.2m dish and gets all the channels, but it cost him €198. :cry: In the UK about £90. :Doh:

Is that a 1.1m dish being sold as a 1.2m dish, or a 1.25m dish being sold as a 1.2m dish?
In Spain they sell the 1.25m oval dish as a 1.35m dish, incorrectly using the larger vertical measurement, as opposed to the correct hroizontal measurement, as it sounds like you are getting a bigger dish for your money.
Like the 1.8s are sold as 1.9s - as they incorrectly include the outer rim in the measurement, when they should not. And doing this also makes 1m dishes 1.1m!!!

The reception range of 2f with a "1.2m" dish does not help much a bit further north or south... get to Almeria and the 1.2m dish does not get 2F, and north of say castillion / peniscola it will not get 2f.

Could you better the price,if so I would pass your details on, because a lot of brits will be looking for bigger dishes. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

The first thing you need to ask is: do you miss C5 so much that you will get in a 1.2m dish for it? Especially when 80-1m dishes get all the other channels fine? Is it worth it for a handful of channels???

And even though it will get the 2F channels between almeria and Castillio, it will not anywhere further north or south...barcelona and zaragoza are currently reporting 1.8 and 2.4m required for 2F!! So getting the larger dish now for such a small are for a handful of channels - worth it???

And as for getting a bigger dish now, there is no guarenetee that ANY dish will receive 2E when it is operational...and who is to say that these channels on 2F dont move to 2E...especialyl if 2Es footprint is harsher than 2f? Best wait and see what you need for BBC ITVs after they move rather than jumping now and getting a dish now which may not get you the channels you want come mid 2013.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks for that. :thumb:

No I don't need channel 5, I'm happy with anything in english. ::bigsmile:

I think Jane is getting over not watching Neighbours. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Look's like we will need our big dish when we go to germany, up until now we have used a Arcon Sweety 43cm Portable Satellite Dish.

And that will work even better in the UK, where we can get loads on Freeview using an Ariel. :Doh:

We will not go any bigger than what we have, that takes up enough space. :Smile: Bob.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Wow now got all my Sky channels back, well not channel 5, but seemingly all the others.

That is down at Zahora with a Mobilsat auto dish approx 85 cm

Had to do a reboot on the box using the service button and keying in 402 and then changing to 12207, apparently if the power goes off to the box it will need rebooting again.

Just checked and signal strength is very good but nothing showing on signal quality but all pictures seem good--------AS YET

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Wow now got all my Sky channels back, well not channel 5, but seemingly all the others.

Had to do a reboot on the box using the service button and keying in 402 and then changing to 12207, apparently if the power goes off to the box it will need rebooting again.

Just checked and signal strength is very good but nothing showing on signal quality but all pictures seem good--------AS YET

Bet you were quaking as you did it... whatever you do dont loose the channel with Mrs Browns Boys on otherwise you will be in the doghouse as far as your good lady wife is concerned

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None

Told you all you had to do is get the box to downlaod the channel list from another frequency!!!

Sigbnal strength and quality screen on a sky box normally only shows the strength and quality of the deafult transponder frequency. So it is perfectly logical that the may even say no signal, but you get channels, as they are spread over 100plus frequencies, not just the one shown on the test screen!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back