Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Just been thinking,I know not a good thing to do. But if motorhomers are getting sick of rising transport cost I.e fuel costs ever increasing RFL increase, LEZ stupid rules, or anything else related to hikes in transport costs.Well if all motorhomes, campervans etc, from all over Great Britain were to descend on London, would proberbly complete a complete circle of the M25, how good would that be, then convoy to Downing Street or as far as the police would allow, how spectacular would that be. Just a thought. But would prove a valuable warning to governments people are sick of constant tax hikes every year.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
who is going to have to pay for this though :Doh::Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
T

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
The tax payer thy pay for everything else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If you can afford fuel for a trip round the M25 and playing in London then it cant be too expensive running a MH.:Doh:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Well I for one won't be joining you, it would cost me $200 to take my 16 year old diesel into London. A city that I hate anyway.

D.

OP
OP
T

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
That would be the whole point of the demo. To lower fuel tax and get rid of LEZ. Especially around the suburbs that are not near the city.if they find LEZ works the way government want to other towns and cities will soon follow suit.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
So let me get this straight, you think if we all pay £200 to go and campaign in our old motorhomes in a city many of us don't like that the Government will take notice, scrap the LEZ, re-imburse all our £200s and reduce the costs of owning and using a motorhome? Really?

Average (ish) motorhome running costs are not so bad really.

Road tax = £205 PA for most £165 PA if you have a PHGV.

Maintenance costs would probably work out around £400 PA for most.

Fuel costs based on an average of 5000 miles PA and 25MPG at £6 a gallon = £1200.

Which by my calculator adds up to £1805 or £1765 for a PHGV.

Depreciation on a new motorhome is far greater, even if we said 10% depreciation it adds up to £4000 a year on a £40K motorhome.

D.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That would be the whole point of the demo. To lower fuel tax and get rid of LEZ.

All for lowering fuel tax.. but where would the burden be shifted to ? Without answering that question the proposal a non starter.

What I would like to see VED scrapped and the tax revenue raised on extra fuel duty, .. that way we pay for per mile and also for the amount of pollution we cause.. so those who do the most miles with the gaz guzzlers pay the most..

As for London.. can't see why anyone would want to go there let alone try to park with a motorhome..
The only ones I feel sorry for are those who live in the LEZ and were caught with a non compliant van.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So let me get this straight, you think if we all pay £200 to go and campaign in our old motorhomes in a city many of us don't like that the Government will take notice, scrap the LEZ, re-imburse all our £200s and reduce the costs of owning and using a motorhome? Really?(snip)

Aw, come on Dave. Next thing you'll be telling us there's no profit in corporal punishment of deceased equines :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
T

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
I don't go into London either, can't stand the place, interesting debate though, amazing what a thought can do.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
OK so M62 London protest none runner how about just invading sum unsuspecting village sum ware and having a big party and from time to time just wave a banner bring down fuel duty and the moterhomefun ukulele band sing sum protest songs may not do much but Watt hangover:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:and Hager's as lead singer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::shout::shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back