Anyone looking for wardens job (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I know a few on here have asked about warden jobs and some of you are on the lookout for them. Well just to let you know there are a couple advertised in my local paper today one full time and one assistant seasonal warden.

They are at Kippford a lovely little seaside boating village about 17 mile from Dumfries.

If anyone is interested and wants the details just get in touch and I can send you them all.

Gerry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I know a few on here have asked about warden jobs and some of you are on the lookout for them. Well just to let you know there are a couple advertised in my local paper today one full time and one assistant seasonal warden.

They are at Kippford a lovely little seaside boating village about 17 mile from Dumfries.

If anyone is interested and wants the details just get in touch and I can send you them all.

Gerry

As a matter of interest Gerry, does it say how much they pay?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

to be agreed Paul .. two jobs, one season, one permanent

see ad

Park description:

Kippford Holiday Park is one of the most beautiful holiday parks in Dumfries and Galloway. Kippford is regarded as being the loveliest seaside village in South West Scotland, beautifully landscaped and very well maintained - a Bellamy Gold award park. The utmost care is given to landscaping, to our Lodges and Caravans for rent and sale, the touring area and to 'customer experience'. We aim to help customers to full enjoyment of the countryside, the activities and the flora and fauna - especially our many Red Squirells!
Job Vacancy: Assistant Warden Couple

Seasonal post – living in their own Touring Caravan March - October (3 ½ days/week).

Day duties will be to provide general help to all staff, including significant cleaning & handy man roles. Evening & night duty on a rota basis (normally 3 nights/week) will include taking calls to 9pm and welcoming late-comers. A demonstrable ability to deal effectively with ‘emergencies’ as they arise and to willingly accept instruction are essential.

The job requires that the successful applicant couple both drive and use their reasonably sized hatchback/estate car around the park.

Application Details.

Evidence of competence in all aspects must be provided at time of application. Full work related references must be provided at the time of application.

Please ask for an application form by email only to ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk .

Your Own Touring Caravan
Ad posted to: 17/Jan/2013 Salary: To Be Agreed
Email: ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk
Contract type: Seasonal

Park description:

Kippford Holiday Park is one of the most beautiful holiday parks in Dumfries and Galloway. Kippford is regarded as being the loveliest seaside village in South West Scotland, beautifully landscaped and very well maintained - a Bellamy Gold award park. The utmost care is given to landscaping, to our Lodges and Caravans for rent and sale, the touring area and to 'customer experience'. We aim to help customers to full enjoyment of the countryside, the activities and the flora and fauna - especially our many Red Squirells!

Permanent post - living on the park in a Static Caravan (3 ½ days/week).

Day duties will be to provide general help to all staff, including significant cleaning & handy man roles. Evening & night duty on a rota basis (normally 3 nights/week) will include taking calls to 9pm and welcoming late-comers. A demonstrable ability to deal effectively with ‘emergencies’ as they arise and to willingly accept instruction are essential.

The job requires that the successful applicant couple both drive and use their reasonably sized hatchback/estate car around the park.

Application Details.

Evidence of competence in all aspects must be provided at time of application. Full work related references must be provided at the time of application.

Please ask for an application form by email only to ra@kippfordholidaypark.co.uk .

Static Caravan
Contract type: Permanent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Well I can assume the world hasn't ended for you but surely your not after another job :ROFLMAO:

As Jim has posted to be agreed, ideal for someone that wants to work part time and live in a lovely area as its a bit of a millionaires play ground :ROFLMAO: Lots of folk from the cities have houses here.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
to be agreed Paul .. two jobs, one season, one permanent

see ad

Park description:

Seasonal post – living in their own Touring Caravan March - October (3 ½ days/week).

Application Details.

Your Own Touring Caravan
Contract type: Seasonal

Park description:

Permanent post - living on the park in a Static Caravan (3 ½ days/week).

Application Details.

Static Caravan
Contract type: Permanent

Jim if I'd have know it was online I would have posted it not as technical as you though the ad was in the Dumfries and Galloway standard this morning. If I was of a certain age I'd go for it myself as its a lovely area.
Hopefully be of help to someone

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just noticed the bit about the hatchback that might put someone off but I'm sure if they get the right person they will work something out like a wheelbarrow :ROFLMAO: as its not a massive site.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well I can assume the world hasn't ended for you but surely your not after another job :ROFLMAO:

As Jim has posted to be agreed, ideal for someone that wants to work part time and live in a lovely area as its a bit of a millionaires play ground :ROFLMAO: Lots of folk from the cities have houses here.

I'm always suspicious of 'to be agreed' salaries for wardens jobs.. usually means we pay the minimum or less.. and expect you to work all hours god sends.. I speak from experience ..

could of course be wrong, and they are just keeping it close to their chests in fear of a mad rush :roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And it makes me wonder about the hatchback

Commercial insurance required, who pays the fuel etc etc

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just incase anyone was interested in these or the wage paid they are advertised again in today's local paper.
The full time job living in a static is £22K part time with pitch for the season is £10K maybe didn't get many applications without the wage advertised.

Gerry

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Jobs

Whilst looking at the job found this web site with lots of jobs all over Britain

Link Removed

Most seem to want you working forever for very little pay. Or maybe I just am reading into things which do not exist.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Whilst looking at the job found this web site with lots of jobs all over Britain

Link Removed

Most seem to want you working forever for very little pay.[HI] Or maybe I just am reading into things which do not exist[/HI].

same link I posted on my first post .. :thumb:

no, you read correct.. long hard hours, poor pay and at the mercy of every disgruntled camper.. some ads read as though they are doing you a favour .. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just so you know I have nothing to do with this job or campsite just thought I'd be helpful. And post details on her as I know some members are looking for jobs as wardens. It might not be the best job this one or any other but its a job we get so many post on the forum about people being lazy and not working. So unless we are being constructive or answering specific question why don't we let the individual make their own mind up as everyone circumstances are different and this might actually be a good job for them, we don't all get high salaries and great conditions.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Not sure how this might affect people taking the job but if you are provided with accommodation it is taxable as HMRC see it as part of your salary.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Not interested in the job Gerry (too far to commute everyday - I like my own bed:roflmto:) Just a quick thanks for bringing it to our attention.:thumb:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
same link I posted on my first post .. :thumb:

no, you read correct.. long hard hours, poor pay and at the mercy of every disgruntled camper.. some ads read as though they are doing you a favour .. :RollEyes:

Think I will just stay as the disgruntled camper!! :Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back