Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi All,

Is anyone else having the same problem as me using a tablet to access the Fun website?

I am using a Xoom and when clicking on a link (e.g. to a thread or post) in the site it often hangs. This only happens on the Fun site and I have tried different browsers without success.

Any suggestions please.

Lunarman

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Using the iPad just now and it's fine although occasionally the same happens I'm sure it's not just fun though. I normally just open a new page and that works.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Fine also on my ipad... Use it all the time...
I do have a similar thing sometimes on facebook and it takes a doble tap to get links to open....

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What do you mean when you say it hangs.
I first started with the I pad from my daughter.
I then bought my own samsung.
And it sometime just jams always on motorhomefun.
I thought it was a problem with my tablet.

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
What do you mean when you say it hangs.
I first started with the I pad from my daughter.
I then bought my own samsung.
And it sometime just jams always on motorhomefun.
I thought it was a problem with my tablet.

What I mean is I tap on a post/thread/newposts etc.and the browser appears to attempting to access the site. The loading indicator circles but nothing happens. The browser just stops on fun.going onto another open tab at that time and the browser works ok on other sites.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Thanks on my tab 2 it just stops so i think it is a problem with the samsung or me

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No problem under Android.

But FUN does regularly go on a "go slow", under Android or Windows. It has been off and on in the last 24 hrs. Just to prove it I open another tap and pull up any other site to see if it's the internet, it's not. Sometimes I open a second FUN and that hangs, so have two hanging. It then runs after a minute.

The only problem I've had with Android is "Search", normal search doe not let me enter text, the box closes, but "Advanced Search" works fine.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

But FUN does regularly go on a "go slow", under Android or Windows. It has been off and on in the last 24 hrs. Just to prove it I open another tap and pull up any other site to see if it's the internet, it's not. Sometimes I open a second FUN and that hangs, so have two hanging. It then runs after a minute.

The only problem I've had with Android is "Search", normal search doe not let me enter text, the box closes, but "Advanced Search" works fine.

Thanks for that Brian, I was just about to mention the same problem with "Search", glad its not just me !, and I now know to use advanced search, must be something with the Asus,

:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for that Brian, I was just about to mention the same problem with "Search", glad its not just me !, and I now know to use advanced search, must be something with the Asus,

:Smile:

Just failed on my Motorola phone too.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

i have exactly same with occassional go slow and cant enter text in search

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Code:
It now appears that the problem only exists when clicking on links internal to the fun site.

Clicking on an external link e.g. link inside a post, then it connects immediately. It is clicking on thread/last post link from the home page or new posts page that is the problem.

Perhaps Jim could advise.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm posting this on a Blackberry Playbook, I also browse the site on an iPad every day and have not seen any problems with links. Do you know how to clear the cache in the tablet's browser? a corrupt cache can give similar symptoms to those you describe:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Cleared cache, still have a few minor niggles and cant type in search box. But its been like that since i had this tab, andriod 4.1 samsung.
Ill cope, not the end of the world:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back